What album do you think 10 years from now, will be considered a masterpiece?

What album do you think 10 years from now, will be considered a masterpiece?

If it isn't already..

The RTJ pentalogy.

sadly, none.

>lewronggeneration

I agree OP, also this

I saw these guys live yesterday, they were fantastic. not sure about "masterpiece" but I'm sure they're going to be very well known in a few years.

p l e b

get the fuck off this board

impala-posting is next to baneposting. except its not funny

one of my favorite new bands, saw them open for Into It. Over it. in chicago over the summer, seen them twice since.

I hope you will be right OP, it's such a good album

>He doesn't get currents

Sup Forums forgot about it pretty quick but I still think this album is fucking brilliant

this

Magnificent album.

Few albums reflect our time as well as this one, strong contender for classic because of that.

undeniably this.

I must be the only one who thought this album was terrible?

nah, i thought it was too. just sounded like a slightly wackier alt-j.

no, it's pretty garbo, like imagine dragons-tier

awesome album, haven't thought about it in a long while. I think it's time to re-listen

it was just okay, at some part really interesting but at the most part just boring
go back to tumblr

yea it's basically just a slightly wackier version of walk the moon desu

If you say so Sup Forumstant

pet sounds

It reminds me so much of Talking Heads, so I automatically love it.

No
No
Yes
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No
No

2/10 b8

>he 'gets' currents
not even him but come on mate

>If I like it, it will be a classic!
Not how it works

the only thing here that's garbo are your opinions :^)

lewronggeneration

Spotted the patricians. All the other albums in this thread are too flawed to be considered masterpieces. Think about what it means to be a masterpiece, a timeless and flawless LP that will influence generations to come, before you post generic shit.

Honestly this senpai

l o l

>implying it isn't already

Time to save this thread

True

yeah this

im not really into some albums posted here but how do you fucking know that they will not become influental in nearly future? Right now I can se that Death Grips has became very influental even if i don't really like them so you are horribly wrong

Nah I don't like it either listened to it multiple times and have no idea how anyone could call it a masterpiece

Definitely not that one.

If you don't get this album, listen to the lyrics. Don't let the alt-j/imagine dragons-type sound fool you, this has so much more.

So ignore the music focus on

TAKE ME TO THE DISTANT PAST I WANT TO GO BAAAAAACK

TAKE ME TO THE DISTANT PAST I WANT IT SO BAAAAAD

Will do

Then Smile shouldn't be a considered a 10 in the future, because it isn't flawless

That's cherrypicking and you know it.

>I'm at the gates, i'm climbing over the hall
>To trepan the queen and burn the dogs in the hall
>a trail of destruction but at least it's a trail
>I am compelled to take you by the throat

Or

>And no reptiles
>Just soft-boiled eggs in shirts and ties
>Waiting for the flashing green man
>Quivering and wobbling just like all the eggs you know

I can go on but you don't give a shit

user, Smile is not only easily, EASILY, better than anything posted ITT, it's a brilliant piece of art that is universally considered a 10.

That was cherry picking but the lyrics you posted also suck just in an entirely different way

Maybe influential but not flawless my friend

>art
>universally considered anything

Hmm?
Bye

there's literally nothing to not get it's uninventive radio rock with some roflmao xd wackiness thrown in

You have no idea what you're talking about and you definitely didn't listen to any lyrics at all.
>roflmao xd whackiness
No, it's about the shitty feeling you get when watching the news, resulting in a general distrust for strangers. Also it takes a very important angle towards terrorism, with lyrics from the perspective of a terrorist or a mass murderer, without being edgy.
>first you'll see me on the news, then never again

>lol so quirky and random xd xp

the question if something is flawless or not is really subjective thing

ignore the obvious samefag lol

you mean the dude defending this piece of shit album? yeah sure

this album was really mediocre, i can't really see how it can be influental. He is just trying too hard to make something "experimental"

lmao

this one not, it only has great guitar solos and the rest is pretty average
lol no

>listening to music because of lyrics

Absolutely

>No
Yes

it's considered a masterpiece now desu
but yeah i feel as though this one's only gonna be more and more appreciated as time goes on
or at least i hope so

Maybe
Yes
Most definitely
Probably
I hope so
I like this album but no
Already is

Everything else I haven't heard

>Arctic Monkeys
>go back to tumblr

Be older than 16 and into music, you shill

>not a classic tho

yup

Can everybody stop jaxin off ye like seriously if anybody else released this album you'd be like "kek pleb taste get this off my board". I honestly don't think any modern rock is fair. There have been good albums in rock these past few years, but nothing is rethinking the machine like in the rap scene and the electronica scene. This might be a good album, but it's not going to stand out as time passes, it's going to blend in.

I don't understand AnCo at all. I just don't like it and I don't see how anyone can. The only song that I've liked from them is Floridada.

I wish I understood why everyone calls this album genius.

You might want to get checked for autism.

would definitely like this album a LOT more if Regret were not on it, hate that fuckin song

It's been a while since I've seen you smile...

probably not, gets overshadowed for the general public by Demon Dayz (which will probably be a classic, even if I thin PB is better)

It may already be considered one, but I feel that in 10 years we'll talk about it as if it were legendary.

the production is incredible and the harmonies and atmosphere are some of the best in music period

Mien nigga

honestly i'm not sure. i mean yeah the title track, lazarus and I Can't Give Everything Away are really dramatic but the rest of the album, while still really good, isn't as memorable. if u disagree i'd actually love to hear

I think that you are right.

it's going to be this

Run the jewels is meme rap engineered for white boys...

how dare you?

I do disagree. For one, I think the other tracks are just as memorable, but the 3 you listed definitely stick out (but for an obvious reason,) and in my opinion it will be talked about due to the backstory behind the album itself.

There simply hasn't been an album that presents the fundamental fucking awfullness of the anodised, apathetic shitshow of the times we're living in in so scathing, intelligent and downright fucking catchy a way in years.
Everything Everything are far too patrician for Sup Forums. Half the cunts round here have only just discovered Man Alive.

Okay buddy

It definitely should given the circumstances surrounding the album, but I doubt it.

it's time.

there she blows