Would you live in a North American wood frame house? If you're from Sweden, Norway or the Baltic countries...

Would you live in a North American wood frame house? If you're from Sweden, Norway or the Baltic countries, gtfo cause you already do.

Looks poor as fuck

I definitely would as long as it has proper insulation.

Our walls are made of insulation, one of the reasons why we have such cardboard like walls, it's packed full of insulation.

Only the frame and exterior walls are wooden. The interior walls are usually plasterboard with insulation between the interior and exterior walls. With our wood burning furnace, we can make our ouse warmer than a summer day.

haha what the fuck is this nigga

a-americans dont actually live in these do they?

Bricks are a european meme
>Muh house should last 3000 years

It may look "poor" or like a "cardboard house", but what are real disadvantages? Seems like you can have a bigger house for less price, so what's so bad about living in such houses?

We'd rather live in a modern home with modern utilities than sit here on an anime messageboard talking about how my home is 700+ years old and survived several wars (nobody cares) yet can't even take a shit without freezing my ass off because the plumbing is fucked as well as the insulation and climate control.

That isn't a finished house. This one is partly finished.

Why do Euros think their houses don't have wood frames?

Nothing. They're solid homes which depending on your area can last hundreds of years, but there's no reason to since you can just rebuild to accompany many factors, including utilities.

I will say this though, American homes built after the 70's are of lesser quality, especially foundation wise. Not to mention they're mostly cookie cutter McMansions built on tiny lots with no tress or any redeeming homely factors.

RARE
A
R
E

Not really.

Terrible accumulation. Walls cannot store heat, so in summer you gonna need ac or you will roast. Same in winter - turn heating off and in few minutes you will be freezing.

It's actually hard to find a house that isn't like this honestly.

Sorry, but europe has solid plumbing. It's americans who cannot take big dump without cloggingsewage

Exactly why we have this thing called "central air". We don't rely on radiators and heaters in every room to help climate control.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Even in the middle of nowhere there's people with septic tanks larger than your average yuro homes.

Not true. Where I live we have large wood burning furnaces in the basement and then there are fans that blow the heat around the house. Controlling the temperature of a fire is very difficult so in the winter you can be sweating your balls off from the heat. But oil heat is shit where I live so we don't use it.

Not really. Just buy an older house. Or build your own post-and-beam style.

I think it's an issue only in cheapest houses without any insulation.

This is why North American architecture will always be shitty and tacky though.

So you invented cinderblock. Congratulations. I see american architecture is slowly approaching xv century

>ever listening to a fucking pole, especially on American topics

That's like listening to a gook when it comes to big dick pills.

What about gas heating? Is it more expensive than oil/wood?

Maybe on the east coast, but out west almost everything was built in the latter part of the 20th century.

I don't know if you could even find a construction company that would even know how to build a proper masonry house.

I don't know if you even can here in Cali, because of earthquake safety requirements.

You can build using any material you want. Unless you plan on spending your entire life, as well as your families to come (who are you kidding on such a site), and have plenty of money to sustain, why would you want such a home?
That made no fucking sense. Kill yourself.

As i said, in european house walls will absorb excessive heat. In a modern house with double cinderblock layer with insulation between you will never need ac or feel too hot.

"central air" is an HVAC configuration. It has nothing to do with cinder blocks.

For the amount of heat you get, yes. You'll be "just barely comfortable" for most of winter. Firewood heat is more dense and feels like a warm summer day. Gas heat is very thin and in some cases you'll still want to crawl under a blanket.

Why don't Americans live in normal looking houses such as this?

I don't think you would want a masonry house in Cali anyway. It would be ruined in no time by the earthquakes.

more expensive and would get fucked up by any natural disaster

We have similar houses around here in rural areas that are mostly lived in by retired old people who can afford it but they have much more decoration on the outside too.

We build things to be as cheap, easy, and fast to build as possible.

It's more to do with national ethic and values. It's why North American cities and architecture are absolute dog shit.

That's literally what the majority of our homes look like. and they don't costs millions of dollars. You can buy that same exact home for no more than $400k in half the states.

You know those bricks are just a facade on top of a wood frame, right?

This. My home is solid brick on a wood frame, no wood used what so ever. It's worth about $300k. In Europe they'd be charging millions.

Yeah, but I much prefer the look and feel of good old stone or brick.

Oh well, I plan on living in the city anyways.

Might not

Is wood frame cheaper though? I don't think it is desu

Yeah that's probably what it'd cost here as well, maybe a bit more expensive

No. It's a brick facade on top of a 19cm thick concrete brick layer. Not to forget a 10 to 15cm insulation layer.

>My home is solid brick on a wood frame, no wood used what so ever
So which is it?

Once again this isn't true. First of, a house like that would definitely not cost millions. Maybe half a million dollars. Then again, that is not a wood frame. It's a concrete structure.

holy shit! that wouldn't even pass normal regulations in Norway. Gonna dump some pics of how you build and insulate wooden houses

>19cm thick concrete brick layer. Not to forget a 10 to 15cm insulation layer
Show me what that looks like without the brick.

Were third world, don't judge us.

Okay one sec, lemme dig through my pictures

norskt hus*

Concrete "bricks"
These are 14cm thick.

From the outside
The yellow stuff is a 15cm thick insulation layer

>tfw you dont need to worry about building to keep out the cold

oooooh ok. We call those cinder blocks, not concrete.
I don't get it. Why are cinder blocks are so great?

The framing of the house also look weak and not propperly supported and the wood looks like poor quality

You also will never have a wight Christmas.
Not a good trade-off if you ask me.

which layer is the insulation? i hope you don't use wood for insulation

>american education

fugg

I wouldnt, shit would be breaking down and moldy in 10 -20 years

I know what a brick facade looks like. Do you?

The yellow stuff is the insulation but it all works together (the way in which the wood is built to keep pockets of air inside and heat it up) to create the desired effect

> He doesnt know what Glava is

I see now.

Oh, fiberglass wool. We use that too.

Galva is better then Rockwool
That shits suck with with

more laminated bamboo

This. Why not save on the heating bill?

>Galva is better then Rockwool
Glava
>That shits suck with with
*sucks
>with with
with with?

Looks nice. I like the second story balcony.

Can you find how many watts your walls are allowed to let through per Kelvin and squaremeter? In here its around 0,17 W/m2K? We've been told its the strictest in the whole world.

Bricks house is very danger at earthquake time.
And there are many trees in Japan. So we use wood for house.