Who is best country in the world and why is it the United States?

Who is best country in the world and why is it the United States?

The US is definitely the most powerful and influential. But I think I'd rather live in Ireland.

I love being an American but I don't think the United States is, on the whole, a very interesting place. Where I live, there isn't much to do besides spend money, drink, and plan vacations overseas or to other parts of the country.

I travel often, especially to developing countries in the Middle-East, Central and South America, and Eastern Europe. This is my seventh time in India, for instance, and I've been to places like Turkey enough to raise alarm-bells whenever I try passing through Canadian customs.

America is cool and living comfortably is easy compared to most of the world. However, I've always gotten the feeling that one place is pretty much like the next, outside of very large cities like New York, Chicago, and LA. I mean, places like Cleveland and Dayton and Grand Rapids and Des Moines and shit are pretty much indistinguishable from one another.

I'd rather live in Switzerland. I like being neutral.

>However, I've always gotten the feeling that one place is pretty much like the next, outside of very large cities like New York, Chicago, and LA.

That's absurd. If anything, it's the massive cities that are basically the same, while the rest of the country is really different. Hialeah, Annapolis, and Boulder are so different (culturally, religiously, ethnically) from each other that they might as well be in different countries.

>I mean, places like Cleveland and Dayton and Grand Rapids and Des Moines and shit are pretty much indistinguishable from one another

Grand Rapids, Dayton, and Cleveland are all in the same region though. Of course they're going to feel similar. It's like if you lived in West Texas and complained that El Paso, San Antonio, and Santa Fe were all hot, dry, and full of Mexicans. What do you expect?

>Where I live, there isn't much to do besides spend money, drink, and plan vacations overseas or to other parts of the country.

So....Ohio or Michigan?

This tbqh, Switzerland is probably the best country.

>incredibly safe
>wealthy
>not far from Milan, Paris, Vienna, Venice, or Munich

It's like living in the national equivalent of an upscale suburb.

Sure. I agree with you. However, most of us don't have the resources to travel extensively around the country each and every weekend. We're generally confined within our regions, unless we're sent on frequent interstate trips for work. If I have a full-time job in Michigan, how do you expect that I'll be able to appreciate the differences between Boulder, San Antonio, and Annapolis on the regular?

Perhaps I could take the rare vacation, but I'd be stuck within a certain radius of "home" fro most of the time.

Here in India, a six-hour or overnight, $10 or $15 train ride can take you to radically different places.

America is a great country, but most of it is neither vibrant nor particularly interesting.

Michigan.

Honestly, I'm exaggerating a bit. There's plenty I miss about him, and I'm not too unhappy about flying back in another week.

Just sucks that I have to drive at least three or four hours to go anywhere cool (not including Detroit). Chicago is four hours away by car, and most of the cool wilderness and hiking trails and campgrounds are at least three hours to the north by car as well.

Fucking Rust Belt reeeeeee

california will be the greatest country on earth, just u fags wait

>America is a great country, but most of it is neither vibrant nor particularly interesting.

This isn't true. You're just unlucky enough to be stuck in a region that's notoriously depressing and boring.

Eh. My family lives in New England. isn't the most happening place, either.

I do want to check out Texas and the PNW this year, though. I think Laredo would be a blast, kek.

True, limited resources and the ridiculous size of the US make it tough to really appreciate the country.

>Here in India, a six-hour or overnight, $10 or $15 train ride can take you to radically different places.

But that's just because prices are lower. A six-hour flight or an overnight train ride can take you to radically different places in the US, it just costs a hell of a lot more than $10-$15. Hell, I grew up in Miami and a five hour drive north takes you into what feels for all intents and purposes like a different country (no Spanish speakers, very few Catholics, football instead of baseball, swamps, etc.).

Pretty much everything in-between the coasts, barring few exceptions, is depressing and boring.

Unless you're someone who happens to like living in the middle of nowhere, for whatever reason. Which is fine, but lack of jobs makes that kind of life difficulty.

I'm in Michigan. Where the hell does your family reside at?

It'd be the greatest country without water. Can't wait for you fags to die from dehydration

>Pretty much everything in-between the coasts, barring few exceptions, is depressing and boring.

I'm not so sure, I've been to Texas (San Antonio, Houston, Dallas) and Colorado (Denver, Aspen) and they were generally great. Dallas kind of sucked though.

France confirmed best ally

>California
>el estado con 15000000 latinos

Tienes que aprender espaƱol

That's sort of true.

The deal with India in particular is that it was never really a unified country until the British left. Unless you've been here, it's hard to appreciate the wealth of natural, cultural, and linguistic diversity that exists in the Subcontinent. For instance, six hours southwest of Delhi brings you into Rajasthan, which is largely desert and has monkeys, camels, elephants, and cobras. If you go overnight to the West, you're in Punjab, which uses a different alphabet and has a majority-religion of Sikhism. Another overnight trip is to Rishikesh or Manali - suddenly you're in the middle of the Himalayas. East overnight is Varanasi, plains, and the world's most populated state (Uttar Pradesh has about 200m people in an area smaller than Michigan).

The US is way bigger than India, so it takes longer to get out of a particular region. The cultural differences aren't anywhere near as stark, either, but shit is also a lot cleaner, less polluted, and less broken.

What I really miss about home is unspoiled wilderness. No piles of trash, no fucking Israeli hippies throwing syringes on hiking trails, and being able to be alone with no sounds but owls, birds, and wildlife.

Twenty minutes outside of Lansing.

Only things I really enjoy near to home are going to new restaurants and the movies. My ex lived in Metro Detroit, but IMO there isn't much to do there unless you have somebody to go with.

I did say "barring few exceptions".

Texas, Colorado, and to a lesser extent, Arizona, are all fine.

>The deal with India in particular is that it was never really a unified country until the British left. Unless you've been here, it's hard to appreciate the wealth of natural, cultural, and linguistic diversity that exists in the Subcontinent.

Absolutely. I've read a lot of about India, and the fact that a country with literally hundreds of ethnic groups and no real majority language (Hindi doesn't really count) is still united is borderline miraculous. It's like if the Chinese conquered all of Europe, then said "ok you guys area country now bye!". 100 years from now, when India is the sole global superpower, historians will look back and wonder how on earth the whole thing didn't fall apart almost immediately.

*you guys are a country

I have more fun being a fucking sheep herder in Tibet than spending one damn day in a suburb of Cleveland.

AMERICA OUT.

puto, ya hablo espanol

Are you the same American in India that was posting on Sup Forums the day before yesterday? You banged some hot baabhabhiat for $30? Sorry if mistaken.

Also, since you're giving such great informative answers (which is a fucking rarity), are DESIGNATED SHITTING STREETS just a meme or not? How filthy is it over there?

I do have to wonder how long India will take to reach a point where it can be considered developed by modern standards. Although the economy is among the fastest growing in the world, I feel as if many people living in rural areas are being left behind. The poverty apparent in cities like New Delhi and Mumbai is still abundant and overwhelming.

I do think the current administration is doing a good job promoting programs like Swachh Bharat/"Clean India" and mopping up black money and corruption, but in a lot of ways, Indians hold themselves back. The government is corrupt from the bottom up and the top down, all made by possible by an overwhelming and largely inefficient bureaucracy.

I've read stories about how people have to pay "fixers" just to get brand-new motorbikes to pass inspections for registration. You have to pay government workers here just to do their goddamn jobs.

There's a lot of promise and talent in this country, and I hope it turns out alright. Just needs to be a gradual and large-scale shift in the mindset that many people have, especially concerning government, business ethics, women, and the rural and urban poor.

bueno, adios mexicano

A long time. Indian infrastructure is still seriously lagging behind and I'm not talking about poo on the loo. India lacks great many things and sanitation isn't their greatest problem.

India has lots of potential but their population growth is too high. They seriously need to cut their population or else they'll have 1,7 billion citizens in 2050.

No. I very rarely post on Sup Forums, and I'm nowhere near desperate enough to pay for sex. While I have dated plenty of women here, I don't think I'd hire a prostitute unless I were older, less attractive, and thirsty to the point of dehydration.

I don't think they're a meme but I've never seen a "designated" street IRL. You really have to go out of your way to see that kind of thing. Most middle-class Indians and most businesses have in-house toilets. People only poo outside when they can't afford a toilet or privacy - since I haven't spent much time exploring slums or wandering into agricultural fields, I've not come across a designated street.

However, you do see people shitting alongside railroad tracks fairly often. When I took a Delhi-Mumbai train two years ago, it passed through Dharavi. Lots of poo-poo-ing alongside the tracks.

You see people peeing on walls a lot more often than shitting in public.

Filth just depends on where you are. Small villages and small cities tend to be better kept than really big and mid-sized cities. There doesn't seem to be any efficient or widespread waste management system, so people just litter everywhere (government doesn't even provide public trash cans in a lot of places) and expect "ragpickers" to clean up after them during the night. Even if the ragpickers do a good job, shit just gets dirty again in the morning.

Lot of Indians don't really give a shit about the environment DESU. Mindset is slowly changing, but you still see people throwing their garbage everywhere.

Doesn't India suffer from a severe case of brain drain? Educated Indians leaving the country for good? If so it doesn't do well for Indian economy.

Trust me, I know.

Moreover, law enforcement and government officials don't even make an effort to improve the flow of traffic. You'll see Mercedes cars overtaking ox-drawn carriages. The roads are shared with beggars, auto-rickshaws, cyclists, motorbikes, scooters, tractors, horses, and camels. Traffic jams are terrible in big cities, because drivers here have no sense of patience and treat commuting like a competition.

A lot of interstate and intercity buses are old and constantly break down, making congestion even worse. One thing that really pisses me off is how buses don't use designated lanes so they can pick up more passengers - they'll block half the road and stop spontaneously to pick up and drop off customers. People also park wherever the fuck they want along the side of roads, drive down the wrong side of the street to get places faster, and randomly make u-turns instead of getting to the right spot.

Yeah. Most educated, middle-class Indians want to leave the country, either to get degrees or secure better-paying jobs. Can't really blame them. The working culture here isn't the best, and a programmer who makes $500 per month in a city like Gurgaon or Noida or Bangalore can earn ten or twenty times as much doing the same thing or something similar in the United States.

There's a lot of competition for visas and immigration opportunities, so the best, brightest, and most experienced tend to get selected.

My ex in the US is Indian. Her mom was almost qualified as an Olympic athlete and a bunch of other shit. Her parents left as soon as they could and now they both make six figures with no intention of going back except to visit family.

The US is sort of boring, but living there is way more comfy than being middle-class in India.

chicanos

Best country for abnormal freaks

Are you encouraging all this? Indians getting smarter and taking jobs away from other Americans?

Not very bothered by it. I'm a STEMfag and will be doing an MS. Will do the Peace Corps afterwards and then apply to medical school, which is a route several of my friends have successfully taken. I don't feel too threatened by Indians taking away my career prospects.

Anyway, I'm just saying that I can see where they're coming from.

I think America is good but I never think I can adapt there