What's your local music scene like

>tfw the local music scene is absolute fucking garbage

It's nothing but absolute shit EDM DJ's in the two bars in town, 70's-80's cover rock, shitty hardcore punk shows in garages that always get shut down or some corny ass death metal basement show every two months.

What do

I don't have friends and I'm too insecure to go to shows alone.

>tfw used to have a small but great folk and indie rock scene in the city
and then someone blew up and fucked it. it sucks because I had seen the guy who had made it big before he did and I still love all his work, but now our scene is just a bunch of knock-off hipster indie and folk

Had a decent house/downtempo scene of all things,but most of the main producers ended up moving Vegas and L.A.

Now there's literally nothing. Sucks, they had a nice little thing going on too, visual artists use pop up with their work as well at shows, hanging out everyone being chill.

Holy fucking shit do I want to strangle whoever made this

New Glarus is fucking shit too

mine is all highschool kids playing pop punk and emo. best-case scenario you get a derivative math-rock band. luckily, i'm 45 minutes away from nyc, so if i want good shows i go there.

70's/80's/90's rock band covers
shitty hard rock about muh drugs
every band has at least one guy with curly long hair
>REAL rawk and rawl only, today's music is trash

What the fuck am I even reading?

Is Wisconsin like the Oregon of the Midwest or something?

studying in EC now. This hits waaaaaay too close to home. Spotted Cow is tight though

at least none of you live in ohio, literally just bluegrass 24/7

Auckland New Zealand

Noise punk, noise punk everywhere

on a giving thursday-saturday night I have pleasure being able to see

glitch
freak folk
jazz
sludge
math rock
hip hop
chiptune

there's also a growing underground comedy scene starting too

seriously it pays to live in a decent metropolitan area, not even the big city these days.

>implying

I was gonna make this thread earlier

Anyways mine is nothing but jamband and EDM. It's fucking terrible.

I can either listen to 20 minute long guitar solos or someone dropping the bass every 3 minutes.

There are some decent backpack rappers that come through every once in awhile.

looks comfy desu

what is this?

yeah seriously. i cannot imagine living in some shitty hick town in the middle of nowhere

Eau Claire Wisconsin. Located 1.5 hours east of the twin cities. Justin Vernon is from here and everyone hardcore sucks his dick. Going to school here now. EC has a local scene for indie folk, but not much else. Loads of hipsters, I've heard it described as the "prairie portland". But I love it here desu

that's a really esoteric starter pack desu. did you make it or is it just by someone at your school

Las Vegas is fucking terrible.
I can't believe Phoenix has a better music scene.

Nothing but indeh faggots and scene kids (metalcore is still alive and well here).

At least LA is only a 4 hour drive.

Same

found it in this thread, not the creator

Just a bunch of post-hardcore metalcore screamo bands.

Didn't know midwesterners could be so self-obsessed

My friend just moved back from there and he told me there was a decent Doom Metal scene. Even sent me a couple videos

I just moved out here. How's Beauty Bar and Bunkhouse? I've heard about those places but haven't been yet.

Grew up in EC and went to UWEC for four years before transferring to Madison (I'm a lawyer). I personally love Justin Vernon but it gets annoying with everyone constantly freaking out about him. People used to ask me all the time if I knew him and I was told I was "the indiest dude ever" because I saw him live in '05, pre-Bon Iver, pre-everything besides DeYarmond Edison. I really wish he'd make another Self Record.

where do you live

shit rappers and shitty metal bands

Any DC anons ITT?

Just moved here, where do I go to see local shit? I know all the venues for touring bands already

>tfw all the cool shows are on weeknights and I'm always too sleepy to go out after a long day at work