Skeleton Tree

Have you listened to it yet Sup Forums ?

What are your thoughts on it? Seems some people already consider it a masterpiece.

Its in par if not better than Boatmans call and thats saying a lot

i dont like the cover
those faggots probably didnt even use computers before OS X

It's nice. my fave track is 'I Need You'

He used to actually compose songs ! This late-career ambient-mumbling thing is underwhelming. Better than Push the Sky at the very least, thank god.

Top 5 Bad Seeds record IMO

No, Boatman's Call is better, but this is good in a similar way.

Listening right now, I think it deserves a few more listens before I'm able to actually talk about it. Definitely not a bad or overhyped record, just need to listen to it a bit more to determine if it's quite my cup of tea. So far, seems like an absolutely perfect record if you're in the right mood.

I think I might wait until One More Time With Feeling drops or is leaked. I hear it makes for an essential companion piece to the music and I wanna get the full experience.

9/10

I just wish it was a bit more sad

Better than Grinderman, shits all over Push The Sky Away.

you mean 9.0?
If you say 9 you're not being accurate it might mean 8.6 and it might mean 9.4, even 9.5, God forbid.

boatmans call is a glorified 6/10, Cave pumping out romantic cliches and gothic sweet nothings over Adult Contemporary. It's almost as good as The Good Son and THAT is saying a lot.

k sorry senpai
9.0/10

>It's almost as good as The Good Son and THAT is saying a lot.
Blasphemy.

I Need you is spectacular.

I'm really happy with the direction he's taken lately. This 'late-career ambient-mumbling' art rock is actually quite nice, I think. Even if it isn't 100% unique, the songwriting and his approach is fairly distinctive.

I meant Skeleton Tree being as good if my wording wasn't understandable.

Yeah you're right it's exactly a 9.0 and not even a .1 more or less. Just making sure everyone's on the same page here.

>Even if it isn't 100% unique
What exactly other artists do this nicely done?

I find both Tom Waits and early Nick Cave to have amazing "dark cabaret" records, but every i look out for more music like this, i only find cringy bad music. If you're aware of any good spoken word/ambient mumbling acts, lemme know

It was.

>any good spoken word/ambient mumbling acts, lemme know
well, Eno already did it back in the day. Except he's not as lyrically talented as Cave.

I wish they would have collabo'd for Skeleton Tree, as well as Harvey and Blixa reuniting in homage but it didn't happen

Who is "those faggots?" Cause if it's NC&TBS then they totally used computers before OS X.

>boatmans call is a glorifid 6/10
No.

Literal meh, went back to his old albums. It's too sad for me. And many of the tracks are not in the right order.

The end of "I need you" is very sad. I don't know how much sadder you could want.

There are some sad moments in it, but overall I get a sense of hope due its beautiful, lushy and heavenly arrangements. Not a bad thing at all, just saying i was expecting a darker, grimier record.

Literal suicide core, want to drain the veins by track 2

>just breathe

When Nick writes a line, he writes a line in a way that few lyricists can.

How did he unlearn how to write female backing vocals. They were great in abattoir and of course the classic ' tears are welling in my eyes again' but here they are uniformly terrible. What the fuck

Maybe Warren took over...

He should just ditch the Bad Seeds name and continue solo without Warren desu

>P4Kcore

fuck off

wasn't expecting much, but it's really good.

some lyrics hit too close for comfort.

Personally I find it interesting and emotive but it takes a while to grow on you and I think it is following along with the whole vibe Blackstar had

Gil Scott-Heron - I'm New Here
Kind of