Why do nobody creates instruments anymore? Lots of genres could be created or recreated with new stuff

Why do nobody creates instruments anymore? Lots of genres could be created or recreated with new stuff.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kQo8WsHB4Qo
youtube.com/watch?v=DEjPlGIFuOE
youtube.com/watch?v=c__xzSfQA5g
weburbanist.com/2009/11/17/the-future-sounds-like-this-10-magnificently-modern-musical-instruments/
munemusic.com/
youtu.be/947erD3WixE?list=PLM28zX64X3UpLvpJ_NkmauO2YAAzJVeM6
roland.com/us/products/aerophone_ae-10/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why don't you?

Look how the electric jug went tho.

I wish I had the knowledge

live sample organ maybe ? if you don't know how to /diy/, you can always combine shit together with the right DAW. a friend of mine filmed this stuff.
youtube.com/watch?v=kQo8WsHB4Qo
Still, trying hard to do new stuff mostly leads you to do new stuff, not dope shit.

If you lack creativity I really doubt a new instrument can save you.

What more do you want? What kind of timbre can you imagine that cannot be expressed by all the synthesis techniques in the world?

I've seen some experiment percussion things but I forgot what they're called

ppl do but mostly for themselves so get creative and build one for yourself or get a sampler like everyone else

>find cheeky Roland sh-101
Wew lads

r u nuts? more instruments now than ever; its hard to keep track tbqh

youtube.com/watch?v=DEjPlGIFuOE

It's an SH-1

I am currently building an electric guitar from an old acoustic. Nothing fancy this time but for the next one I am going to build (or modify this one) I am going to put all kinds of neat electronics in it

Alright

>posts synthesizer
>ignores the vast wealth of synthesis that is in eurorack
Shit, I can't even afford 1/4 of the stuff I want in euro that isn't offered elsewhere.

The barrier isn't new instruments, it's money.

Alternatively, if you mean a new instrument that is t a synthesizer, it happens all of the time, but they usually don't go anywhere.

I myself imagined a sort of clav-type keyboard with infinitely sustaining/muting pickups like the Moog guitar, but that would be insanely expensive, and have limited appeal.

I haven't to gotten to use the sh-101 I need to bring a converter cable as it only has 1/4 jacks. Some professor where I go to school is a big synth nerd he'll be able to help me apparently he has a large collection.

I think VSTs are just as good, serum seems like the best synth around to me now a-days. Like massive 2.0 so I've heard.

>I think VSTs are just as good

thats probably your answer then

also youre forgetting that better computers mean new sounds can be created without having to mess with hardware

Wavetables are great, but they've been around a while, going back to the PPG wave, and even earlier in academic music. Lots of cool things are going on with computer music, and VSTs can be just as good as real instruments, but that's not where innovation is happening.

How do better computers create new sounds without having to use hardware.

Yeah as other people have hinted at I think totally code based synths/VSTs are definitely gonna be the place for innovation in the near future. So many possibilities for new sounds but the trend seems to be toward replicating analogue sound rather than making new and interesting shit. Of course there's some of that too, but lots of folks just want dem analogues. That being said I love the analogue sound more than digital shit myself most of the time but I don't see the future in it or any other real instruments, while VSTs have almost unlimited potential and processing speeds are increasing too.

they just mean you work with the hardware through the code/GUI rather than directly senpai

bet you couldn't tell the difference

I mean a synth is nice but the whole set up would be a burden to work with I think

Yeah, making physical synths would be expensive and require a lot of difficult engineering and hard to tweak, digital stuff has no cost barrier which is a huge advantage too.

Not to mention it is still relatively new tech, serums only been here a few years. I love analogue sound more than VST sound but the potential is entirely in code based/VST synths

I know, the post was just incredibly vague and served no purpose.

aside from your atrocious grammar, who is 'nobody?'

plenty of companies are investing in consumer-friendly price point synths.

if you mean people who design their own instruments, check these nigs out

youtube.com/watch?v=c__xzSfQA5g

>I myself imagined a sort of clav-type keyboard with infinitely sustaining/muting pickups like the Moog guitar
hammond organ

>I have no idea what clavinets or Hammonds sound like

People create instruments all the time. Great instruments only come every hundred years or so. The last century saw a TON of new instruments with the advent of electricity, then a ton more with computers. I think you're just too ignorant to know how many instruments are actually out there.

weburbanist.com/2009/11/17/the-future-sounds-like-this-10-magnificently-modern-musical-instruments/

I'm an artist, you can give me a tuba and i'll be able to get something out of it
-john lennon

serum is probably the only good vst out there right now

spoken like someone who can't turn a knob

Well there's this
munemusic.com/
youtu.be/947erD3WixE?list=PLM28zX64X3UpLvpJ_NkmauO2YAAzJVeM6

Idk why this made me chuckle. I'm tempted to youtube an electric jug just to see.

You are right, but I can't help to feel like you are grampa who was tinkering with PDP-11 in 1976 by the way you wrote your post

It's called a computer and pretty much every new artist in this day and age will be using one to create new music from now on.

they just made a new one

roland.com/us/products/aerophone_ae-10/