Why would you sample boring dance music to make more boring dance music?

Why would you sample boring dance music to make more boring dance music?

cus you is a pleb

Credibility test: Give an example of not boring DM

this t b h

can isn't anything like avalanches. Good album though tago magi is better.

you didn't ask for something like the avalanches, you asked for not boring DM. i provided.

most of the samples on the album are from like 40s and 50s traditional pop shit though
There's that Madonna "Holiday" bassline and the Da Funk drum machine but for the most part I'm not even really sure what you're referring to
Also you must have no emotions or imagination to perceive SILY as "boring"

>40s and 50s traditional pop shit
exactly what i was referring to

CAN YOU HEAR IT?

What about Since I Left You is boring? It's one of the few albums I haven't gotten bored of over the years.

to me it feeds into the boring tropes of the music it's sampling without doing anything significantly new with it. The phenomenon of this album lies in how it was made, not the music itself

You can pretty much say that about most critically acclaimed albums. Weak argument

i wouldn't say so. For example, Person Pitch also samples classic pop but it samples it in a way that doesn't follow the same structure as classic pop at all, and does something genuinely new instead

>without doing anything significantly new with it
They essentially crafted a genre with plunderphonics and just listen to Frontier Psychiatrist. They made music out of an improv sketch, how is this not doing anything new? Are you asking for one genre to turn into another? That just isn't happening.

In what world does SILY follow classic pop format? Literally at all?

spoiler alert: both of those albums follow classic pop structure

Most of SILY follows the patterns of disco and 60s pop, not just the aesthetic, but the patterns.

I think I like this album because they create a lot of colors and sounds in one package.
SILY is also just an album that grooves and is fun to listen to, and I guess no album grooves with everybody

Nobody in this thread has even come close to explaining why SILY is generic/following pop format, or even why that is an inherently bad thing. All you're doing is shitposting about an album most people think is fantastic because you are a mu contrarian faggot.

>nobody will be able to explain why SILY isn't groundbreaking because it objectively is
>everyone who has or will try is retarded

People who listen to instrumental sample music like this are dead inside

If by "classic pop structure" you mean it can be delineated as well-defined parts that are repeated, I'd say SILY is actually less structured than Person Pitch.

I wouldn't use the terms "verse" or "chorus" to describe most of SILY's structures, but you if you wanted to you could use letters and map out the song structures. There are a lot of short songs that have one or two parts. You could mostly describe Person Pitch's songs using the usual terms ("Carrots" is two verse/chorus songs connected by a short rhythm-shifting bit). But then you have something like "Search for Delicious" that's just one long, shifting piece without any subsections

tl;dr They're both creative and they both extend the boundaries of classic pop structure. Also, the OP is either stupid or baiting

Expand on that

The people i know who listen to this type of music used to like all kinds of other stuff, theyre usually like musical snobs for a while then slowly they transform into only liking this repetitive background type shit then one day they say they dont even really fuck with music anymore

It happened to several of my friends after months of wage slaving

It's only acclaimed because we know that they used like 5000 samples or someshit to make it

If the same exact music was made with live instrumentation nobody would give a fuck because the music sucks

Kek this is exactly what's happening to me right now

that's because it's just indie-approved pop

This strain of instrumental hip hop/plunderphonics/chillwhatever is the modern equivalent of exotica and smooth jazz.

Fight it dude! Fuck its really depressing to see

>The Avalanches created Plunderphonics
kill me now senpai

Holy shit, never thought of it like this, this is so true
Its all just mood music

The term "plunderphonics" dates back to the 70s, musique concrete exists, Endtroducing was released in 1996

Basically, ur dum

to dance, you athistic fuck

Sure the songs on SILY don't follow a simple verse-chorus structure but it still sounds like classic dancepop because of how it uses the samples. Panda instead chose to repeat samples instead and then pair it with his vocals to create utterly hypnotizing, psychedelic journeys that doesn't at all evoke the traditions that the samples come from.

Holy fucking shit dude
Listen to Negativland and become slightly less of a pleb