People who listen to a vast range of musical genres are people with no direction...

People who listen to a vast range of musical genres are people with no direction, no discernment and no strong character of judgement. They lack taste.

To think everything is equally "good" means you have no strong opinion or love for a singular thing.

Music to you is candy, "tracks" jogging music. What's more, people act superior as if this makes them patrician.

It makes you worse than a normie. You're a slut, you have no 'on or off' switch. You're muddying the waters of taste.

People who instead feel really strongly about one genre and hate passionately others, are much more interesting people with strong opinions and real love for things.

You can't prove me wrong.

I don't need to prove you wrong, because I'm not a subhuman obsessed with "taste" and image as you are, OP

>People who eat a vast range of foods are people with no direction, no discernment and no strong character of judgement. They lack taste.
>To think everything is equally "good" means you have no strong opinion or love for a singular food.
>Food to you is candy, "snacks" Eating outside of meals. What's more, people act superior as if this makes them patrician.
>It makes you worse than a normie. You're a slut, you have no 'on or off' switch. You're muddying the waters of taste.
>People who instead feel really strongly about one food and hate passionately others, are much more interesting people with strong opinions and real love for things.
>You can't prove me wrong.
this is how dumb you sound you dumb faggot

I considered it and you're a fag

I can't prove you wrong because you expressed an opinion.

You should be at bed right now, there's school tomorrow

k

good thread

Mostly correct.
"One genre" is pushing it though, in my experience people who are very into a few select genres tend to be worth talking to while the people who are into one genre alone are as useless and surface-level in their taste and how they approach music as the people who "like a bit of everything".

fucking weebs

consider the following: ur a fucking pleb

Jesus christ, this is honestly the most autistic post I've ever seen on this website.

Well done OP. Now kill yourself.

Taste is about making distinctions you can't make those distinction's if you haven't heard a variety of things. Also, there are tons of genres that are undefined / changing so listening to different genres of music is inevitable.

>triggered redditors will know this is true and can't deal with it

>implying "genre" is the definitive category of discerning music
>not mood, tempo, mode, subject matter, [...]
Don't cut yourself on that naive genre positivism.

blah blah dumb shit

You're right

shit analogy

>triggered

>weebposter
opinion discarded

The most intelligent people are the ones who hate certain things as passionately as they love them.

People who only listen to a couple genres are not music fans, they are just fans of those genres.

I listen to music for enjoyment. I get bored easily if I just listen to the same genre over and over. I listen to lots of different music depending on my current mood. Eclecticism is not the reason I listen to music, but the consequence.

I listen to music with the goal of having a good time, not for showing my RYM friends how patrishun I am because I can name 654 obscure modern classical composers. There isn't a genre I am very knowledgeable about, and I couldn't care less because I'm not an image-obsessed idiot.

So, basically, OP is a fag.

What if I listen to a great deal of lots of genres?

I'm gonna go ahead and keep listening to whatever I feel like and you can...keep caring about "taste" or whatever

Why do you think having preferred types of music means you have to hate others?

thats because its a shitpost

I think there's some truth to this. The generals we have here and websites that cater to a specific genre are almost always fairly constructive, while everything else is just shitposting.

are you my friend who only listens to drum and bass and refuses to try out anything else

This, fampai.

Egoless music taste is usually the best and most sincare appreciation of music