What a sell-out piece of shit

What a sell-out piece of shit

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/news/68264-tame-impalas-kevin-parker-lady-gaga-collab-started-out-as-a-career-move/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

He was never that special to begin with, good on him for getting to where he got to be honest

he really needs a haircut

Is this the end of Tame Impala?

i missed the fallout here after currents. catch me up pham

What happened?

literally how?

Yeah, someone got to tell us what is "Current"-ly going on.

he co-wrote the new lady gaga song

pitchfork.com/news/68264-tame-impalas-kevin-parker-lady-gaga-collab-started-out-as-a-career-move/

>co writing a song for a pop star for a simple tune
>WAHHHHH SELLOUT

did you read the quotes in the article?

He's probably more relevant right now than Lady Gaga so if anything he's just doing her a favor.

dave longstreth from dirty projectors wrote some shit for kanye west and rihanna, does that make him a sell out?

Let's be real, guys. After Currents, we all kind of saw this coming.

Tame Impala had a good run, now I guess it's time to cash in. I'll always respect him for getting this far as an actually good rock band in this generation. What other contemporary ock bands are currently enjoying his level of mainstream success? The 1975? Imagine fucking Dragons? He got popular by being good. That's fucking difficult to do nowadays, being a rock artist doesn't pay like it used to. I guess he's tired of it though.

Who can really blame him? If you knew you could make critically acclaimed rock music and be moderately rich or critically acclaimed pop music and be fabulously rich, which would you go with? I also don't think he's lying about thinking the "corporate music world" had more passion than he thought. He probably does genuinely enjoy it.

It just kind of sucks to see him go this route anyway. Ah well, that's reality.

Maybe he implied that he was able to write a song for what he described as a "musical genius" and that led him to conclude that it was a life defining time for him

Eh, Currents was pretty much total pop though. Parker's entire band went pop, now he's producing for pop artists. It's a worrying trend.

Gaga described HIM as a musical genius.

currents>lonerism

>waaah why are rock artists not getting noticed in the mainstream
>*gets noticed*
>waaah fucking sellout, why does he want to make money off of his music??? stay true to the ideals man, fuk the system
Rock fans are truly pathetic

Maybe rock would still be alive is rock artists bothered to write good songs instead of letting the reverb and echo do all the work

look, lonerism and innerspeaker are still psych pop records. let's not pretend those albums aren't pop music to at least some degree, even if currents and it's synth-y disco sound is a straight pop album.

Either way it's nothing really to get up at arms. Kevin will still do what Tame Impala does best and still do Psych with more experimentation as they go by. I could be wrong, but it's not like they'll go Maroon 5 on us

are yall really picking on my nigga kev? Hes like the chillest dude ever. Just minds his own and makes music. Theres plenty worse people that you should be hating on

Or you could look at in the non pleb contrarian way and see that its a great opportunity for new sounds to leak into the mainstream and make the radio listenable again