Ok seriously, now that the dust has actually settled, is this AOTY?

Ok seriously, now that the dust has actually settled, is this AOTY?

Wasn't even a Frank fan before this but decided to listen to it because of the hype. It is currently my most played album from 2016 so I'd have to say it's my AOTY so far.

lol no

no, pretty good album overall though, prolly a 7/10

I'm the in the same boat as this guy. Both Chanel Orange and that mixtape did nothing for me, so my for Blonde was nonexistent. However I ended up listening to it and it was beautiful from start to finish. Might not be my AOTY but it's definitely top 3.

YES

No boi, too disjointed. Is Channel Orange more cohesive?

no way

Much. CO is leagues better

If you dont actually listen to music and post memes all day instead, then yes aoty for sure.

no, this is

How is Blonde disjointed?

i think it loses a lot of pace in the middle but then picks back up at the end so i can see someone saying it's disjointed

I honestly thought channel orange was kind of meh but this is incredible
I think I'm a bit biased bc lots of the songs on here are drawn from franks love life and gay love experiences and stuff which makes it a lot more relatable and hard hitting for me but honestly it's a fucking amazing album
Ivy, Pink + White, Nights, Pretty Sweet, Seigfried are the best tracks.

What songs are about gay love? I'm gay and none of the songs registered as being about a guy.

The new TMB

Am I the only one that thinks that Chanel orange and blond are on about the same level?

I looked into the lyrics meanings on genius and it seems he's drawn a lot of inspiration for the songs from a relationship he had with a guy, which was, as he put it, the first time he fell in love
Seigfried is about it, Ivy has references to it I think, and Pretty Sweet is about being gay and like how religious people talk shit about it or something

its my aoty op

I kind of forgot about this album a week after it came out. All the hype died pretty fast. Although I feel the same about every major album this year, hasn't really been anything I really feel strongly about.

no fucking way.

Yeah it's mine AOTY. Futura Free and Self Control and best tracks.

more like disappointment of the year.

LOL this is actually so wrong. There is no ambition on CO except for Pyramids. Production wasn't as good as Blonde. Lyricism was a lot more simple compared to Blonde. Wasn't as cohesive.

Blonde is superior in many ways.

I know this is a meme at this point but nothing has topped pic related 2bh

Overrated meme album of the year

snoozefest

Yes

only thing that might beat it is the new bon iver album, if that's not great then yeah blond will be AOTY

I'll be the bf in your wet dreams tonight ;~)

Dude, retards just cluttered the genius page with references to him coming out without any evidence just for points on RG. Ivy and Seigfried can be about any lover. But he does play with concentions about masculinity.

Blond has no bangers tho

Nah

will you degenerates ever realize that blonde isn't the name of the album?

it's blond

Excluding the fact that my most played album from 2016 is A Moon Shaped Pool, I feel the same as this guy.
Still, Nick Caves is my favorite thus far

wow look at how many people care

#2 of the year. A Moon Shaped Pool is still my AOTY.

For me, it's Bon Iver (still waiting on a leak that isn't shit), Opeth, and Danny Brown that could all fuck up my top 5 of the year.