PICK YOUR ENGLAND XI

What team would you select for England Sup Forums?

bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36163625

Don't care lol

8 black guys plus Kane, Drinky and Hart

Classic United supporter mentality

I was gonna make a team but don't want to post it in a troll thread

>inverted fullbacks
wew

objectively

Here's one which is actually serious.

Yes I'm sure you will argue about who should be in those midfield roles but I think this is a good balance of playmaking (Rooney), central defence (Dier), and pacey width (Sterling and Alli). Yes I know Alli's not really a winger but he's fast so he's going there.

Obviously there are other great players that could go in that midfield, especially Drinkwater, and Henderson is a pretty solid central midfielder, and so is Wilshere obviously, but they can be my impact subs.

I just think the most important thing is having both Kane and Vardy up the top as a pair because it causes real problems for the opposition defence. I suppose the alternative is just play one or the other but I don't think that's as good as the pair. And I think playing three wide up top with Vardy on one of the wings is a waste of his talents and just a dumb idea to be honest.

Also yes Sturridge is a great striker but he's played little football recently so again, I think he should be an impact sub.

Wingers are scum edition

>Here's one which is actually serious
>Alli on the wing

>Vardy and Kane together

Shiggy

>that's the only criticism you can come up with
I win

I think cylne I better going forward

Both pretty bad a defending

You seem to have self confidence.

Why are you wasting time on Sup Forums instead of making something of yourself?

Reminder that the only two formations woy has played in the last two years are 4-3-3 and the diamond with two strikers

Any other formation you post is pointless unless woy is planning a master ruse

Literally the only correct answer. Clyne and Sterling are shit yes, but alternatives are even worse.

------------Hart
Walker-Smalling-Cahill-Rose
------------Dier
-------Alli--------Drinkwater
-----------Sterling
-------Kane-----------Vardy

>clyne and rose bomb forward at every opportunity
>defence gets exposed even more than it's gonna

We need to capable DMs. Dier and Drinkwater/Milner to protect the defence when the fullbacks push on. Rooney won't do that. I don't even know if Drinkwater cna do that.

two*

Hart
Clyne-Cahill-Smalling-Rose
Dier
Alli-Drinkwater
Kane-Vardy

Drinky is a must to supply Vardy

I think Rooney would be ok defensively, but he's more of a box-to-box midfielder so yeah defense might be a little bit exposed. I'm ok with that though, England have played boring football in all major competitions for as long as I can remember, so a bit of all-out-attack would be nice to see. Can always bring on more defensive players later on.

Why the flying fuck are you playing Vardy in that position?

This lineup is objectively better:

Rooney is a pretty good playmaker too. I think they should both play in that position, probably Rooney starting and Drinky off the bench

No shitskins/nigs edition

Only true white Englishmen can win us the Euros

Since when was Alli a must-start for England?

It's the shape that they've been working on in training and practice games. Vardy should sit much further forward than Sterling and Alli though.

Since the alternative is Rooney. Alli should start behind the front 2. Put Rooney in CM if Woy is adamant on playing him.

Dier is Portuguese lad
99% black

He's got to play, he's the captain.

WE

I guess my question should have been; was alli really that good this season for us to build a team round him? Not memeing, just that I haven't watched spurs much

Fuck off

Alli can fuck off to be honest. No doubt he's been good this season, but we don't need scum that will punch and kick players for no reason.

I think it's weird how Hodgson has just let him straight back into the team after what he did. Can't be a starter until he grows up a bit. Definitely shouldn't be keeping Rooney out of the team.

The team wouldn't be built around him though. He definitely deserves a place in the team, especially when Roy starts likes of Sterling who has done fuck all all season and Wilshere who's played 3 games.

Kind of unfair that there is no UK national team tbqh
Imagine how much worse Spain would be if it was Castille and they could have no players from Catalonia, the Basque Country etc, Germany if they could have no Bavarians, France if they could have no Occitans or Bretons etc.

I agree but we would be forced to play shitters from Norn Iron and Scotland just to keep them from revolting, so it's not worth it.

Don't be a softie
We've always been a soft team - it's about time we had someone to ruffle some feathers to compete with the likes of the diving Spaniards or the dirty Italians. Besides, he seems to have this costa-esque skill of avoiding being sent off all the time

dont you remember how much of a cunt rooney was when he was young? its normal tbph

I'd have Stevie Davis tbqh, most underrated player in the league by far
Can't think of any Scots, Scottish football has really gone shit at producing players

People who want a UK team are ultimate cuckolds.

I'd rather lose every game 10-0 as England than win a world cup as a UK team.

The entire reason Rooney is hated on this board/in England is because he's gotten red cards etc in major tournaments and therefore couldn't ever make an impact.

Now that he's calmed down a bit in his later years and is slightly less of a hothead, he's playing with a lot more experience.

But nah fuck him, let's put another short fuse in the spotlight and see what happens. Honestly, I can see a lot of the starters fouling out of this tournament.

Alli, Kane and Vardy being the most likely candidates. Especially if Vardy doesn't stop diving for pens.

le epic Sup Forums buzzword

The only good option

Swap Rooney with wilshere if wilshit continues being shit

What? Kane is a clean player
Did you mean Dier?

England's team doesn't convince me. Most of their players are very young or inexperienced.

>Most of their players are very young or inexperienced.

Dogshit too

only alli, dier, kane, wilshere and barkley are under 25, and only 3 of those will start

Inexperienced at an international level I agree. Germany has the benefit of mostly keeping the same core between tournaments

Nah, I meant Kane. He's very passionate and he gets frustrated quite easily.

In all honesty, he reminds me of a young Rooney. Can see it coming back to bite him in the same way.

This is his biggest test yet, after all...

Rooney could have been sent off in the cup final for kicking out and diving into challenges. He's not mellowed out at all, he's just less mobile now.

why does henderson deserve to be anywhere near the starting XI?

He really doesn't. I hope you're not basing this on that gif of him REEEing after the chelsea game - he was the most composed player that day even. He's well known for not letting frustration get to him, he works hard for 90mins and it eventually pays off. He hardly showed signs of frustration even when he started the season horribly and people were labelling him a one season wonder. Doesn't dive, doesn't get into fights

Nah, the one challenge he dived into was actually pretty clean. Definitely should not have been a card nor a penalty. Ref actually got it right.

He kicked out at someone towards the end as well.

I'd still play him, but I don't think he's any calmer.

>unironically posting teams without Rashford in them

Disregard the REE shit. He was getting hotheaded against bloody Turkey the other day.

It can be good and bad. At least he seems to take his frustrations out on himself for the most part. But I can see him cracking under the pressure at the Euros. He's literally the most prolific player England has going in and he has pretty much got fuck all experience internationally.

I still hope he does well. Really quite like the lad.

he plays for Liverpool

GET AHT ME CHAIR

>muh Sup Forums boogeyman

fuck off nigger

WUZ

Congratulations England, Euro 2016 Champions!

4-1-2-2?

the only correct answer

>playmaking (Rooney)

You cannot be serious.

they should have brought in Simpson from Leicester.

Same fagging to boost your own ego.
>retarded brits

who says no

Its a winner PES confirmed so

Its coming home

Best XI in the thread by far, though would Clyne be a better choice at right back?

u avin a giggle m8

>chatting shit

>England

I thought I was looking at the French team there for a minute.

Sturridge? Trying to get the inevitable injury out of the way early?

The funny thing is that the English complain that Rooney never does anything but he's the top scorer all time for the NT

its disgusting that Rooney is our top goal scorer despite doing fuck all and taking over from the legendary bobby charlton

He literally drags you kicking and screaming through most of your big games. Just admit it, you just hate everyone and anyone because it's a completely ingrained facet of English culture to do so.

Who can stop us?

What are you on about? He didn't score in three international tournaments in a row, most of his goals are stat padding against San Marino.

Why didnt other players score more then

stfu

Because Rooney was playing as a striker meaning that others weren't.

>He literally drags you kicking and screaming through most of your big games.

lmao

Sorry what cunt? Which tournaments are these?

Please name three in a row.

06, 08, 10

Six years without a goal in international competition.

And in 12 and 14 he scored a grand total of two. One in each tournament.

Rooney is shite,

But that is literally the role he will be playing for England in the euros. It's the role he played for Man U in the FA cup final

How goddamn stupid are you?

Yep you got me. I remembered him scoring against Russia in 08, forgot it was in a qualifying match.

Regardless, I'm sure you'd tell me that he was just "stat-padding" despite Russia finishing above England in the group stages.

Also, I'd like to know your thoughts on the rest of the players in that England squad?

>implying this isn't the perfect team

Mate its a well known fact that Rooney has disappointed in tournaments. Most of his goals come from qualifiers and friendlies against shitty sides in nothing games

Go shoot yourself in the face please because you clearly don't know anything about English football

Thanks

I know that, what I'm baffled about is the implication that Rooney will actually create and dictate in the MF.

>Milner

>let me get extremely angry because I have to use my nitpick no jutsu to defeat you

Can only beat who's in front of you, lad.

>you clearly don't know anything about English football

Well, I seem to know quite a bit more than you. For starters I know that football in general is a team sport. Therefore, it's a pretty unusual way of thinking to decide that the entire fate of one country's success rests on one player's shoulders. It sounds like you might just have some sort of social incapacity. I know of this really interesting site where folk like-minded to you hang out.

>inb4 I don't expect him to be Messi, I just want him to pull his weight

He already has. With 51 goals you fucking nog. Want to know who England's second highest goal scorer is right now? Danny Welbeck with 14 (fourteen) goals. That is your alternative. That is your PROVEN second-best striker.

Here's some food for thought. Maybe Rooney isn't the problem. Maybe it's your shitty team failing to live up to the unsurmountable hype you create for them. They fail each and every time. And you apparently need someone to blame for that. Blame yourself for being a gloryhunting cunt instead of actually supporting your team.