"If your band has been around more than 15 years...

"If your band has been around more than 15 years, you're considered classic rock which means the radio stations won't play your new stuff while the classic hits stations will only play your old stuff. This sucks."

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wd-1UhYqRKA
youtube.com/watch?v=NcbAibPA2yY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Name one rock band that's 15 years or older and is still releasing music that would chart if given the chance

Coldplay?

Weren't RHCP around 15 years when Californication came out?

Even if they weren't, Stadium Arcadium definitely was, and that had a few hits on it.

Also Pump-era Aerosmith was 15 years after their debut album.

Muse

So rock music made by a band that has been active since 2001 is concidered classic rock? no, just no

Nikki should just make better music and stop complaining about everything

Oh well, I give Motley Crue credit. At least they've decided to retire now instead of drag on into their 60s-70s and embarrass themselves like Kiss and the Rolling Stones.

stadium arcadium RHCP comes to mind

Nikki Sixx is a little emo fruitcup and he always has been. Go back and listen to their debut album (Too Fast For Love) and most of the songs outside Live Wire are surprisingly...soft and poppy. SATD was the only really badass album they had and that was probably because of record label pressure. Right after that, they immediately devolve back into poofy pop rock garbage.

Swans

radiohead

I don't trust guys with that beard

they have some new song called dark necessity or something that plays every day on my way to work. It's pretty shitty too

Radiohead hasn't gotten radio play in nearly 10 years.

I agree. Shout At The Devil has all the tough guy grossout/shock songs on it but most of Crue's output is softer and more chick-friendly than that so you're right that that album was probably a one-off done at label insistence.

youtube.com/watch?v=wd-1UhYqRKA

This is more who NS has always been as a songwriter and makes sense as to why Metallica always hated them from day one--they'd heard more of their songs than just Looks That Kill.

Coldplay. Though they destroyed their music by turning it into trap bollocks to stay "current"

Until Metallica thought hiring Crue's producer was a wonderful idea and...

youtube.com/watch?v=NcbAibPA2yY

Green Day

Rolling Stones were relevant into the early 80s, a good 20 after their first records.

Great...he really wanted his band to be Journey with more hairspray all along.

Not true Burn the Witch was on the radio all the time in my area when it first came out

No they werent, they were disco sellouts like any other hack.

80s Stones>>>>>>s/70s Stones

Selling out to disco was the best thing they ever did, outside of a few amazing hits like Gimme Shelter

Qotsa

>new album when?

Maybe your new stuff just sucks, Nikki.

Morrissey - You Are The Quarry

Was Morrissey already past the 15+ year mark when that album came out?

Yes, Hand In Glove Came out in 83, YATQ came out in 2004, though if you're talking solo Suedehead came out in 88 so just barely 16 years