There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games

>There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

How does Sup Forums feel about this Ernest Hemingway quote?

He was a writer obsessed with being manly..

He must picked the three things most associated with masculinity

Guy doesn't have much taste for sports I guess

So if you aren't risking your life you're not playing a sport?

I'm surprised he didn't include hunting. I guess he only saw it as a passion

what about bull racing

I took it as sports including things that could easily kill you. If you weren't risking your life, you were playing a game.

>bullfighting
ok

>motor racing
Lel @motor"sports"

>mountaineering
No

>bullfighting
>dancing around a bull thats been bled to near death

Wow great "sport"

The only real bullfighters are the guys in PBR, not the riders, the guys that distract the bull so the rider can get to safety.

>Phil Hughes

CHECK MATE HEMINGWAY

I feel nothing

>le I kill myself before killing yourself was cool man

Kek

Just because he can write good books like Mark Twain that doesn't make him a sports expert.

He was a war hero, he's more manly than you

>stabbing a cow 50 times until it dies
>sport
>Spain

>Earnestly Hemingwho

what a retard. i read one of his bullshit books once. about the old fisher dude. it sucked major balls, at least it was short.

It's like asking a poet to be a war general. Guy was out of his element with that statement.

Is suicide a sport or a game?

It's a way of life.

he was a rich faggot prick who was out of touch with poorfag kids who only had a ball to chuck around

>bullfighting
Noncompetitive
>mountaneering
Noncompetitive
>motor racing
Nonathletic

Sounds like he doesn't understand the word "sport"

Is shotgunning yourself a sport?
Twain was the GOAT of his era memeway was a pussy compared to him

I really don't care what some old alcoholic fart thought.

Go with a group of 10 to climb K2 and try not to be one of the 3 who dies, then tell me it's not competitive.

Twain would knock Hemingway the fuck out of they ever boxed.
Hemmingmeme would get put to sleep

It's not. You don't get points for trying not to die and you aren't facing other humans in that challenge thus it's not a competition

This. They're bith just dead dudes whose quotes end up on oh so witty greeting cards like Schopenhauer, but at least Twain managed to be a poor Dixie man's Cornelia Funke.

Edgy teens, the thread

Started with a quote and photo of an edgy gramps tho.

How do I feel that the sport I like wasn't taken seriously by a guy who blew his own head off? Pretty apathetic, tbqhf.

>Hemingway
>"""""war""""" """"""""""""""hero""""""""""""""

like 90% of the shit he claimed about himself was a lie

>it's a Germancuck pretends he knows what he's talking about episode

golf is more of a sport than anything Ernest Hemingshithead thought was a sport

Is their competitive mountaineering?

The competition is to not slip and fall to a gruesome death where nobody will ever be able to retrieve your body due to where you are and the cold will keep your dead corpse in tact and for as long as there are climbers willing to climb the mountain you died on your frozen corpse will serve as a marker to future climbers so they can get their bearings by knowing they're at your corpse.

He got injured as a volunteer ambulance driver, so he's not really much of hero desu.

[citation needed]

bullfighting is competitive wtf you talking about. Matador vs the bull.

Boxing and bullfighting are the only sports you don't "play".

seems a bit fucked that they cant at least cover the bodies with snow.

FFS humans have been doing burials for like 10,000 years

Except its more like Matadore + 5 cocksuckers on horseback with lances and 2 clowns vs 1 bull

Most of the mountain will look the same in a lot of places. You'll pass corpses on most dangerous mountains on your climb, but the corpses really are useful. They're like mile markers for mountain climbers.

>Bulgaria
>Capable of reading

Doesn't check out

Hello, Loserbernd. Still not killed yourself, eh?

>not boxing

dropped

You actually only stab the bull once, maybe twice if you suck

Stick to your sports for fat people

The bull still "wins" by occasionally killing the matador. Athough they always kill the bull in the end.

>USA
>Erectile Dysfunction (came an hour late)

Checks out

I think he died a lonely man with half his skull missing

>listening to the "athletic prowess" of a drunk expatriate writer
Kek

ITT: Old Man Pissing contest

pic related, the manliest man that ever lived

>tfw a man like Roosevelt would never even be allowed within 10 square miles of the white house today

wow, what the fuck happened

As a person that read many Hemingway books and did a report on the man himself I can assure you his valiant war efforts is fabrication and bullshit.

Go back to Cracked.com you faggot

>le motorsport is non-athletic meme

when will normies learn

This
I saw a bullfight when I was a kid. I felt sorry for the bull when it ran in, then got more and more fucking angry as multiple goons chopped it slowly to pieces, waiting for the top goon to prance about for ten minutes then finish it off. Repeat x 3 and slowly get more and more depressed.

I was internally begging one of those bulls to fuck somebody up, but none of them did.

>killing a dumb beast
>driving a car
>hiking
Kek wat a hipster pleb

Is blowing your brains out a sport?

>rich manlet with asthma and was bullied for his pussiness all his life
Oh but he lived in North Dakota for a year!

Fuck off kindly.

>Motor racing
>An sport

>hollywoods favorite cumdump

>Go back to Cracked.com you faggot
>implying Im some kind of alphabet of manliness/maddox nu-male who has a beard but cant even tie a square knot

No, fuck you user. I grew up scouting and hunting and we learned about and revered him back then, when there were no pre-made pb&j sandwiches and you had to dial up to get onto the internet with aol/netscape. A nancy-boy like you prolly can't even go a day without a constant connection to your nsa pocket-spy.

>is a T. Roosevelt fag
>calls someone else reddit
Jej

Sorry, your pinnacle of masculinity was mostly a silver spoon little bitch

Nobody in North Dakota gives a fuck about that little bitch. Trust me I live there.

His supposed masculine endeavors are complete bullshit and he never experienced a day of hardship in his life l. Even in the hard weathered untamed North Dakota do you believe he even lived like the AVERAGE person here? He had thousands of dollars to play with.
Please enlighten us about the time he shot a bear on a "hunting trip" with a bunch of Yes men and actual NoDak hunters.
Or maybe you want to copy and paste a story where shrimpy little 4 eyes sucker punches someone, that's so badass!

Dude's a fucking cuck. Hell go look up his guns he used in NoDak, they were detailed and had ivory stock. Probably worth more than most residents 5 year pay.

Cool boy scout stories tho

In his day motor racing went about 50mph

Nigga fought in a war and charged a machine gun nest

and regularly went wild game hunting

he might have been rich but he wasn't a pussy

You're just mad the only time North Dakota shows up in a book is when someone famous visits it lol

he was a gay ass reddittor

Poor guy died before mixed martial arts

That he was probably shit at all 3 of them

sitting in the crowd was more dangerous than playing any sport is today

you dont understand the word competative.

Nice """""sport""""""