Daily reminder that this is overrated garbage

Daily reminder that this is overrated garbage

do you meditate?

Well, you did it, faggots. Love and Mercy comes out and every millennial white boy feelsfag fuckwit comes along and dickrides this album because muh sad lyrics and muh tortured artist without actually understanding the immeasurable harmonic complexity nor the sophistication of the vocal or instrumental arrangements, and now this is one of those albums people trash on because you dipshits inundate the board every single hour on the hour with the most inane, cursory praise the likes of which not even this trash board has previously been able to match. Now I can't talk to the four people on this board who know anything about music theory about this album without some jaded, mouthbreathing degenerates trying to derail the discussion.

For the love of christ, PLEASE just go make some infested plague ship of a containment thread called "surface level appreciation of Pet Sounds general" and worm your way over there and stay there, you inbred buttfuck whorespawn. I IMPLORE you: act like the subhuman parasites of society you are and quietly flock to the hovel in which you fucks may waste your life without bothering others. Have the decency to do that, rather than let the manic obsession of an unrealistic impression of "muh troubled artist ;_;" clog every struggling channel of your mental processes, leading to your fervent and unrelenting shilling of this album, which in turn is only making people turn against it like the sweaty kneejerk contrarians they are.

I swear to god I want to find you uneducated shills in real life so badly. I doubt I'd even punch you or anything. I'd see your faces, I'd see the empty mechanics of your eyes and know that your animalistic, fevered middle finger to god of a brain deserved nothing more than pity. I'd walk away knowing that to beat the shit out of you would do nothing.

Just do me a favor and fuck off. I'm sick of this album getting the ITAOTS treatment.

WOOUUULDN'T IT BE NICE

>I WANT TO CRYYYYYY

It's not garbage, it's not GOAT, it's just ok

>it's ok
>"I WANNTT TOO CRYYYYYYY"

Nah son

Teenagers think Pet Sounds is some kind of experimental emotional masterpiece when really it's just The Beatles 2 Faggotronic Boogaloo

I'm 28 years old, I'm probably older than the majority of people on Sup Forums. I've studied music theory in college for five years. I play more than five instruments including guitar and violin. I'm part if a rock duo and I perform monthly at various places. We've been working on an album since 2014. I think I know what I'm talking about.

To all you Pet Sounds fags, how much music theory do you know? What instruments do you play? I'm guessing none.

It's the greatest album of all time.

saved

Not going to defend Pet Sounds, but do you seriously need to know music theory to enjoy what you like?

i have an idea you fucking retarded cumstain

weasel your way over to your infested plague ship of a containment thread, you inbred buttfuck whorespawn

were you one of a few moderates who occasionally brought it up, youd get some honest responses

instead you let the manic obsession of an unrealistic impression of an unremarkable common bitch clog every struggling channel of your mental processes, but instead of just crawling like the subhuman parasite of society you are to the hovel in which you fucks may waste your life without bothering others, you worm your way into other threads & dont even have the decency to use HER FUCKING NAME SO I CAN FUCKING FILTER YOU FUCKING OUT

i swear to god i want to find you in real life so badly

i doubt id even punch you or anything. id see your face, id see the empty mechanics of your eyes & know that your animalistic, fevered middle finger to god of a brain deserved nothing more than pity. id walk away knowing that to beat the shit out of you would do nothing.

just do me a favor & fuck off

This is copypasta, need not reply.

thanks for this thread
i fucking hate the beatles
they are sooo old,
i only listen to modern music and non mainstream-shit

Here (You) go.

I've been a professional musician for 10 years, have an LTCL diploma in piano performance, and I consider Don't Talk's chord sequence to be the GOAT in pop music, for what it's worth. Brian really knew what he was doing.

You Still Believe In Me is achingly cringe worthy, that fucking clown horn man. The rest of the tracks are either unremarkable, twee or both. Not only are the songs poorly written, the record as a whole is poorly put together. It drifts from track to track. You don't listen to this record, it just happens in your ears.

>songs poorly written
How so?

Here's that (You) you ordered.

Maybe 'poorly' isn't the word I should have used, from a technical point of view they're soundly written. They're just so mundane and simple. Literally Muppet-core.

>They're just so mundane and simple
How so?

>"I want to cry"
>good lyricism

>How so?
How so?

No I mean the harmonic structure.

Care to comment?

I'm commenting about the shit lyrics mate

So you are ignoring half the song?

That's not a correct way to judge art.

well let's look at this lyrical sample

>It makes you feel so bad
>It makes your heart feel sad
>It makes your days go wrong
>It makes your nights so long

Legitimately babbys first poem

If you wanna talk instrumentation, then i would point to the fact that most of the songs follow a monotonous fast/slow chorus/verse structure which grows tiresome by around the third song.

>well let's look at this lyrical sample
Have you never been in love before user?

>instrumentation
>fast/slow chorus/verse structure
That's not instrumentation. That's structure.

nigga, every single pet sounds thread has the same two or three retards making the same surface level criticisms about verse-chorus and the lyrics then ignore every single person that replies to them

give it up

Just because you don't like those lyrics doesn't mean they're bad user :^) we respect your opinion though!

brian wilson here
ask me anything

>Have you never been in love before user?
Yeah, i have. Which is why i don't find his blindingly obvious observations even slightly compelling.

>That's not instrumentation. That's structure.
ok. sorry senpai.

>Yeah, i have.
Did your heart get broken? What did she do to you user?
What are the four Elements?

Thanks Mang

1. Vega-tables
2. Fire
3. ?????
4. PROFIT

umad

>implying you know what you're talking about

>Did your heart get broken? What did she do to you user?
>she
Disgusting.
The problem was, he was kind of gay in the way that he was happy to use me for sex but not gay enough to actually love me back or acknowledge me as a person.

>What are the four Elements?
I know not

I have studied music for 2 years and I am skilled at playing multiple instruments, I can understand that you have criticism but it's meaningless if you can't play an instrument and have experience in music theory. I'm guessing you're just a basement dweller who haven't even had experience in the real world lmao go and get some experience in the music industry before you go and comment on how bad a band is faggot. Grow the fuck up.

>homos
>in charge of understanding Pet Sounds

I happen to be a 20 year old with musical talent who's studying music at university. Who are you? I'm guessing a basement dweller lmao