What are the best/most important post-2000s albums?

Other urls found in this thread:

demonspawnblackcauldron.bandcamp.com/album/mist-above-the-necro-stream
youtubedoubler.com/?video1=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDpmVUEjagg&t=0s&start1=&video2=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHM_mzgwXpA&start2=&authorName=aphrocarlin
youtube.com/watch?v=xqOWopNNBYA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

not this one

it kinda changed the whole electronic genre, maybe not in a good way, but it's an important album

This is objectively true

No one in europe likes it

Im from europe and I like it now what

you liar

+1

This. I hate Discovery but it was a large part of how electronic music became palatable to a large mainstream American audience.

hahahahahaha

nice bait
you have shit taste

In Rainbows

like it or not, big impact in underground, and starting to affect more popular acts.

Made pop artists say "oh shit" and scramble to make more nu-funk because they now know that can grab popularity.

Classic new era rock

Silly as it is

That's a very important one, no jokes

sure it has friend sure it has

fine you got me

i could get behind that, seeing how Dubstep/Brostep got huge as fuck, although i think Bangarang is his best

This is the worst record of all time.

But I agree with you.

>mfw this is true
>mfw this will probably be hailed by critics in 15 years
kill me

Rock N Roll (Will Take You To The Mountain) is a pretty solid banger, the rest is sort of meh.

Will be one of the defining records of the 10's.

MFW idiots still can't admit Discovery is important to the electronic scene

It definitely made pop artists think about their roots and go more analogue
And it's a good album, contrary to what Sup Forums will tell you

not necessarily most important but i definitely think it's one of the best

Shut the fuck up you underage piece of human trash

Literally everything on the album had been done before, popularly. Homework changed electronic music more than anything.

>Anonymous
Who's homework?

So what's more influential then, Homework or Discovery? Homework helped shape and reinvent house, but Discovery helped make it mainstream. Also made the "DJ with a helmet" thing popular

SAME OLD HAT

BIG DIFFERENCE

Discovery of course. If they just stopped at homework, nobody would know anything about them or their gernra of music.

>discovery
>important

this right here m8

Also I like Homework much more then Discovery

:+)

It got me into music production, personally, and now I work in IDM and things like that. Dude is a big fan of Warp and stuff, it's a pop-ified version of those kinds of music, I think.

I feel like this was a really good record to get (rock) kids into electronic music, like a gateway to more actually artistically viable electronic music. Even then, it remains one of the best EDM records ever, though I don't know how much that actually matters. I guess it sort of has to do with the fact that there wasn't quite a cookie-cutter "EDM sound" before it (unlike Monstercat-type shit now).

Are you kidding me? Even if you don't like it, this and GKMC will be considered classics of this decade.

>End of Bowie's career

Yeah sure
(no, it won't, are you kidding me?)

>trolling
meh
It's the first Daft Punk album, in case you really didn't know.

This

not the one I would pick, but the quote on the cover sums up B's contributions this decade

I agree friendo

These

This makes me feel old already

theses will be forgotten by pretty much everybody excepted people with "good music taste"ie retarded hipsters in denial.

i really wish the album art wasn't so shit

maybe not influential, but definitely one of the best. 10/10 in my mind.

This

demonspawnblackcauldron.bandcamp.com/album/mist-above-the-necro-stream

What's your idea of a good album, then? Some Top 40 basic teenage white girl shit?

Not him and he was pretty rude, but Blackstar isn't really something genre defining. It's an amazing way for an artist to end their career (and life), but Bowie's already made his legacy. Ziggy Stardust and Low/Heroes are typically considered game changing albums. Something that'd be a defining album for a decade would have to have had a major impact on music and pop culture. Scary Monsters & Nice Sprites, Discovery, Floral Shoppe and LYSF are the only things I've seen in this thread that've had a major impact on music. Floral Shoppe wasn't as public reaching like the prior two, and LYSF doesn't even touch Floral Shoppe.

>Homework
Literally everything on the album had been done before, popularly.

Didn't Blackstar and David's overall death influence Flea's new album? Blackstar hasn't even been out for a year, we're probably going to see more trippy albums like it start to come along, although current pop trends are kind of fucked at the moment.

>TRIPPY

Wasn't even aware of Flea's influence. The album's influenced me a bit too (I definitely wanna make an album about my life if I'm ever told I have cancer now too). It's only been out a year, but by that merit, so did Skrillex's EP. That blew up and kept going. It's still going today, people are still throwing dubstep sounds and drops into their songs because Skrillex did it.

Both best and most important

jesus christ how can time go so fast

Stop trying so hard guys.

Not only that, he brought bass to the mainstream.

I wish I could say this is one of the most important.

It could have been such a game changer for modern rock but nobody has been able to pick up where it left off, not even Battles themselves

I don't think it's even his best album to be honest

youtubedoubler.com/?video1=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDpmVUEjagg&t=0s&start1=&video2=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHM_mzgwXpA&start2=&authorName=aphrocarlin

Best Daft Punk mashup tbhfam

Would be better if it was at least slightly in beat

what about Zs?

youtube.com/watch?v=xqOWopNNBYA

lol no

THEY

I don't think you know half of what you think you know.

ARE THE CRYSTAL GEMS

>too young to remember when Justice was great

>muh whacky time signatures
>muh synth twiddling

JOANNA NEWSOM.PNG

But yah didnt post GKMC did ya? m888

Best and most important are two completely different things OP.