/daily/ - Transcendental Punk Rock edition

It's the 15th of October.

Listen to new music, rebuild the pyramids of the southwest, put your hand on a holy bible and screamwank, do cocaine with the clergy, come back to me it's almost easy, don't throw all of your spaghetti at sshx, don't piss off a ghost on top of this, and just let the good times flow.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>come here to make charts!

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>come here to endlessly circlejerk over meme videos and maybe sometimes hopefully music

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>come here for he same thing as plug but with emotes

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>go there for op pics, charts, listenalongs, misc. stuff

discord.gg/s5Rv7zJ
>come here to get bullied

Our Skype group is looking for professional, classically trained musicians only!

Most importantly, didn't see this in the catalog. Didn't we make an edit of it though?

Previously, on the /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

last.fm/es/music/もっふーP/ハイカラレコード
youtube.com/watch?v=T-lsd4mhvPA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

lamo

comedy gold!

Where did you get this picture of me?

First for Bon Iver is shite

is that you on the left?

Yes.

>Asiko Rock Group - s/t
Sounds a bit like garage funk, which means it's fucking great. The phat ass farty bass lines is what keeps this album together, grooves non stop. The guitar effects are also pretty interesting, imo. 8/10

What next?

Update for the first time in weeks who cares. Jesus I've been through more in the last week than the last 19 years of my life. Feel fucking terrible, thus haven't been here much.

Reply to this post with a PG-13 meme I can send to my Mormon friend

>eating like shit
>drinking nearly every day
>stopped exercising

Who else /downwardspiral/ here?

and do Happy Sad

I'm not drinking much rn (might change once I head off to college this week) but yeah this is kinda me

>PG-13 meme

it's September isn't it

top memes lads keep 'em comin' if God willing

yeah I've noticed you haven't been as active lately fishbro

what's up?

No, it's October.

you know it friendo

byeap, embrace nihilism

I'm Always at a loss when talking about grindcore, which is part of the reason I wanted to do this chart, lets see how we go...

Gridlink - Longhena
So this doesn't hear like a grindcore album, it's like some mutant hybrid of Metalcore and Screamo, it's alright, but it tends to fade into itself a bit, which I find is a commonality with grindcore music... Seeing a band like this live must be a trip on the bucket list it goes
I /liked/ it, at parts it shreds, but there's this one passage where they slow everything down and it felt a little out of place and hammy...
the model on the front is kind of sort of really attractive too

Insect Warfare - World Extermination
More trve than Longhena, and more consistently visceral... Don't have thaaat much to say here, it's pretty good

nice dubs

idk if I should clutter thread-space with more of my irl probz but if you have my snapchat I'd be glad to rant and shit

Was just thinking about how much I love Sing To God while taking a shower. Spooky. Such a ridiculously good fucking record.

>Seeing a band like this live must be a trip on the bucket list it goes
tuco, i...

pissing in a sea of piss shouldnt be a concern

yeh
>been a month since i volunteered at the animal shelter
>rarely study anymore
>developing binge eating disorder
>still a neet because i blew it in my recent job interview

So I listened to Coloring Book based off user's suggestion.

I really dislike all the Future-style of rapping. So fucking annoying, makes me want to slap someone. Fuck that shit.

However, I really liked several tracks on this. The stripped down Blessings and Same Drugs were great. They didn't whore out all the modern hip hop cliches that I cannot stand and provided a pleasant experience. How Great was another good track with some great flow and lyrics. The closer wasn't too shabby either.

Mixed opinions on this.

>Get so anxious about driving that I can't even try and pull out of a driveway without panicking

Music for this feel?

I think Rudi was right (as usual). I should probably stop doing vidya (and movie) OSTs if they keep promising to be 4-9 hour snoozefests that take up far too much disc space.

But goddamn I completely reverse my decision when I find a good movie OST like Tetsuo or a good vidya OST like Mother 3 which still holds surprisingly great quality after like 7 hours.

whatever I feel like venting anyways

long story somewhat shorter: After 19 years of thinking I was a total loser I lost my virginity and a girl (unrelated) who I've had a crush on for years confessed to me both in the span of like two days. She has a boyfriend and I'm moving 1700 miles away in three days. Just last night she told me she wanted to cheat on him with me but I would feel terrible fucking and chucking her and leaving her with another guy she likes less. She was telling me how she was jealous last semester when I took another girl to prom and when I was telling her the story of how I lost my v-card. It fucking blew my mind because at the time I was wasting all those moments feeling so sorry for myself and being anti-social that I blocked a genuine chance for a great relationship. I literally punched myself in the cock that night and cried listening to So Long, Marianne.

Like I said, I feel like a shitter for talking about how much SICC PUSS I'm (not) getting but the point wasn't really about that. It's more so about how I'm feeling about the situation, which is that I've had about four hours of sleep in 50+ hours and I feel terrible. I've already ranted to givingbear about this (god bless that man) but I just have no idea what to do. The most fucked part is that I've pretty much had no second thoughts about moving so far away from home because I hate this area of the country, but this one girl has had me seriously considering giving up on it, even if it fucks up my future royally.

I wish I were just lonely again. And I guess I'll get that regardless.

just find some good driving music.
American beauty by Grateful Dead is one of the few things which can calm me out when I am driving. So is At Fillmore East by Allman Brothers Band. Just go with something mellow, uptempo and with a sound you particularly like and you'll be fine

Holy hell...

that sucks I guess?

Here's another PG 13 meme if that helps.

If she's willing to cheat with you, she's willing to cheat on you. You dodged a bullet.

Here's a meme you can show to small children.

>It's the 15th of October.
Crap, we finally reached the present!

>bad blur impression with carnival music copy & paste
>trascendental

>You dodged a bullet.
unless he's not monogamous like a real patrician

>willing to cheat
start packing, no matter how "great" of a girl she seems to be that's the red flag above all other red flags. Tell your cock youre sorry cause it got you out of some shit.

Yes, monogamy is very patrician, I agree.

>I intentionally misinterpreted what's being said in order to agree with the opposite of what's being implied, this is a good meme and I am a funny guy

>That Adam's apple

How hung is Keiji?

Yeah, I agree. sdc makes good memes and is a funny guy.

Thanks

And I suppose you're right. I would have a very hard time taking a relationship based on cheating seriously. It's just gonna be hard getting over her considering how long I've had a thing for her not knowing it was mutual.

I'm done shitting up the thread now sorry lads.

How's music, then?

Maybe if you communicated intelligibly this wouldn't happen. Here's how an intelligent person would have phrased that: "unless he's polygamous, like a real patrician". Of course an intelligent person wouldn't propose that polygamy is patrician or use the term patrician to begin with, but that's besides the point.

I think "angry anger" would work better, personally.

But angry anger's this blue one.

Do you even listen to music any more?

u knew what i was trying to get across who gives a fuck how i said it

>anymore

>who gives a fuck how i said it
I do.

i remember a time when sdc wasn't a big grump

Only real 90s kids remember this.

well YOU sir are FUCKING gay

What of it?

Good night /daily/!

Good night bourgeois pseudo-music man!

Really makes me think.

makes me think about how good it is
fuck i should listen to it again

STILL NEED RECS FROM NYARL AND TUCO

*Nyarl and Ruggles

I work pizza delivery.

I only spit in people's pizzas if they didn't tip me last time.

Also, when you do cunty things like giving me a $20 on a $19.47 order and then tell me to "keep the change", you're getting spit.

Thanks

Ok. Check my digits.

wait, what m8, check the previous thread

Instead of spitting on the pizzas of people who might not have a lot of money themselves, ask your boss for a better wage. If he refuses, spit in his face and start a proletarian revolution.

i corrected myself m8. sry.

It just has to be something I haven't heard, correct?

Not even the artist

nothing you've heard, and nothing from artist i've heard or are on my wishlist.

Ok hold on. I have no idea what to pick so I'm gonna go lurk around til I find some cover art I like

Does
Grim- Maha
Fit the criteria? I've had the album art saved for ages cos it's cool but I don't know anything about it apart from what I learned googling it just now

nope. i listened to folk songs a while back.

Just use this

Trans, igot you something good Senpai
last.fm/es/music/もっふーP/ハイカラレコード

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Skeleton Tree (2016)
>singer/songwriter, art rock

I'm not a fan of Nick Cave's music really at all, but I've always really respected and admired him as a public figure, he's always had such an aura of coolness and mystique around him, and I think that's exaggerated with how many of his songs follow narratives and are written about characters, and how bombastic his vocals generally are. In subduing his vocals and making his lyrics much more personal, following the death of his son last year, this album becomes almost uncomfortably sad. When a larger-than-life figure such as Cave nearly breaks down in a song like "I Need You", it's just profoundly saddening on a deeper level than hearing an emotional track from another artist generally known for their emotion, this is something that Cave has never really done on an album before. From a more critical standpoint, The bombast of Cave's music is something I've never really liked, and in stripping his sound down, replacing blues and punk elements with a lot of subdued ambient and drone, he puts out my favorite album of his without a fucking doubt. A lot of influence is taken from Cave's film collaborations with Dirty Three's Warren Ellis, as well as Dirty Three itself, as songs mostly meander and focus more on soundscaping than on straight-up melodies, and there are only clean tenor and baritone guitars to be found. Not perfect, there are a few things that irk me here, like the "whoa whoa whoa" background vocals on "Rings of Saturn", not to mention that "Mangneto" and "Anthrocene" aren't as great as songs like "Jesus Alone" and the title track, but as a whole, this is the most cohesive and emotional work I've heard from the Bad Seeds so far.

3.0+

also i re-did this in topsters 2 because i actually like topsters 2 way more than topsters

NEW THREAD

Nice review.

Bad opinion.

some small one nearby
here's the lineup

ah yeah mikgazer
the first two tracks on that were pretty good but even those couldnt transcend being mere shoegaze
im looking at the tracklist and what is it with "-P", theres 5 diff guys with that inna name
those and pic related, one of the best melodic metal albums i've heard ever btw

+++Listenalong, wohoo+++
The Avalanches - Electricity
>Plunderphonics, Downbeat, you all know this band
>EP, 14 minutes long

Free to listen here: youtube.com/watch?v=T-lsd4mhvPA

I try to post again on Saturday/Sunday

How do I buy condoms at a pharmacy? What do I say? What if the pharmacist is a girl?

>Mac - World War III

This might actually be the best album released by No Limit. Even though Beats By The Pound, NL's primary producing group was gone, these beats are some of the best I've heard from them. And even though the label was on its way out, this is one of the more cohesive albums they ever came out with. There's only about three songs I'd want cut out, which is really surprising for a 70 minute album.

Mac is a pretty solid MC, even though he isn't the most original. He doesn't sound like a Pac ripoff like most NL rappers but he still manages to carry songs with a gruff flow and a whole lot of emotion. The middle stretch from "Battle Cry" to "That's Hip Hop" is maybe my favorite stretch in a No Limit album, it's so funky and catchy.

>Masta Ace - A Long Hot Summer

Once again, MA proves that he's the master of loose concept albums. This basically focuses on a summer in Brooklyn and his nationwide tour with gangster Fats Belvedere. Fats uses the tour as a front to run some illegal activities, while MA promotes his new album. The skits on here are pretty short but entertaining, so it helps the album flow pretty well from front to back.

The production on this is so good, super soulful and uplifting. MA is a solid MC but my biggest issue with this release is the guest features. Most of them are fairly average/boring so it brings this down a bit.

Not quite as good as Disposable Arts but still a great listen.

"Hey, can I buy condoms please? I'm gay, so I need them very much"

I'm not gay...

Heh, good joke

First for givingbear sucks weiners

why does sshx like that FAGGOT

I heard they hung out. Fill me in?

They made gay sex with each other

Still rocky, sorry

GB told me over the phone they hung out and that apparently she goes to school near me but didn't tell me how to contact her cuz he sucks weiners so here I am

That'd be hard for them to do I think

What's your source on this anyway, does sshx even post anymore ever

[spooker]are there photos[/dooker]

Why ya'll bullying GB? He's like the nicest person on the internet

good opinion
boo

Where do you find all these amazing, terrible-cover rap tapes?

I'll copy the post, thanks. Enjoy the gothic pogo party

I bully GB because of the fact that we've, weirdly, known each other for almost two years now.

Also because he sucks weiners and dropped a bomb on me then left me to figure stuff out

Perfect, thank

pretend you're just getting them for your mom
oh rip

hope you don't mind me changing the cover for the tower recordings, looks a lot nicer imo

Seriously tho y'all catch me up

booooooooooooooooo