Why do burgers hate public transportation so much?

Why do burgers hate public transportation so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qk_ZiMjU6Xw
youtube.com/watch?v=E7kor5nHtZQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Input–output_model
usatoday.com/story/money/business/2014/09/13/24-7-wall-st-most-educated-countries/15460733/
youtube.com/watch?v=RZrsAGlB6R4
youtube.com/watch?v=mRwXMlEcg34
youtube.com/watch?v=mzmVKTvzQcc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_equilibrium_theory
youtube.com/watch?v=GN-SnmfL0JA
youtube.com/watch?v=oW25-1ehTJo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because public transportation is for creepy maniacs and for pensioners who like to sniff each others shit stink

In your country maybe

Propaganda that you are poor if you use it, it was spread by car companies
When, in American movies and shows, has public transport been shown in a positive light? Hardly ever.

There is such a thing as 1st class and 2nd class.

because shit

Because jews brainwashed them into buying cars big time

Because petrol is so cheap and they have enough space to give everyone a big house with s garden

red rural voters bring down city folk

I dont live in a city. Literally no reason for a small county to have public transportation.

if you live in a big city or commute to work, public transport makes sense here, too. but it is mostly mass transit from/to work.

BTW it is a myth that public transport is the most popular choice everywhere outside the US. That is just not true. You guys love stereotypes.

Why do Germans pay for rapefugees bus passes?

To be fair, what do rural folk have to gain from any feasable public transport projects?
99% of them will just be ignored by it, and their tax money would be wasted.

It's becoming more common. A bunch of cities have built light rail systems in the past decade.

Public transport is for people too crazy to pass the driving test or too poor to buy a second-hand shitbox.

The problem is when cities earn more than rural counties and they never benefit "fairly" because of skewed voting.

i've seen quite a few of these characters in the NYC subway.

Talk to him, maybe he'll give you a sidequest.
Or some bath salts.

because we are nice people :)

Not only that but we don't really have small cities like Europe. We just have random spread out shit because urban planning in this country is a joke.

Real answer I'd because big vehicle companies lobbied hardcore so that all major infrastructure was car based instead of people based, coupled with the fact that our country has a stigma that if you're using public transportation outside of a big city you're poor.

Meme answer is because public transport blows and takes 10x longer then just driving yourself, with the exception of big cities.

Because our geography and population distribution makes High Speed Rail less economically viable than planes or roads. We do have Metros in big cities though.

This, mexico has been cucked big time too, i line in a 4 million habitants city and the main avenues seems like parking lots in peak hours, after living european public transportation i realized why 1st worlders see us as fucking peasants

> and takes 10x longer then just driving yourself,
But there are traffic jams. And suburban trains don't have to wait in jams.
It's much faster to get to city from suburbs on city here on a train.

>suburban trains
good joke

It's full of poor people

Why is that a joke? Google s-bahn.
Japan has it, Germany has it. We have it.
You have it too I'm sure in some places like bay area.

I don't have a car I use public transportation.
I don't mind I read till I reach my destination,
sometimes a newspaper, sometimes a book.
The amount of money I save that shit is off the hook

Here is train map of Moscow region(17,722 mi2). Trains come every 10-20 minutes. You can get from any small town or village to Moscow. A lot of people use it to commute to work.

Hmm, have you heard of, say, Metra in Chicago?

bay area native, can confirm. It's called the light rail here.

Private cars should be banned since they just contribute to traffic.

its still pain in the ass to use because moscow region is the size of estonia

America is a sloppily planned capitalist shithole

Of course they love inefficiency and autistic individualism

they will be replaced with network of bot taxis

Yeah, it looks like this, right:
youtube.com/watch?v=qk_ZiMjU6Xw

Because i can go where i want in my car and not be chained to someone else's schedule

Sometimes. But alternative is picrel. You would spend hours staying there.

You wanna see cucked? here:
youtube.com/watch?v=E7kor5nHtZQ

most places are not connected to any railway in a meaningful way. the suburbs there may not be a station for miles, I would have to drive 10 miles before even crossing a rail line.

a country of our size shouldn't be expanding government. if the individual states want them, then fine, but it shouldn't be at the national level

Here you can get anywhere and schedule is like:
subway trains every 40 seconds
bus every 5 minutes.

I've lived in the Chicago suburbs my whole life and I've used the metra extensively, can't beat living in a town that has a lot of express trains.

Quite a few reasons
Once you couldn't get away with beating minorities for being in your general vicinity people fled to the suburbs (which were almost entirely created during this time, thanks to this and massive funding for road projects), since blacks couldn't get there since they couldn't afford cars. People thought that if there was any sort of public transport the 'undesirables' would flood the neighborhood anyways, since now they didn't need the car. That's basically persisted to this day, although nowadays people say the main concern is crime, even though it's been shown for 30 years that mass transit doesn't bring crime.

Even with that, we were actually building quite a lot of transit infrastructure (Five cities built metro systems between 1972 and 1984!), but Reagan, who notably said that 'for the price it cost to build Miami's system, they could've given every rider a car', clearly ignoring the fact that the reason they built the metro to begin with was because they couldn't fit any more cars on the highway, made sure to put an end to federal funding for that.

(1/2)

but muh transcontinental railroad

because american public transport a shit

I doubt it can get you anywhere but i see the advantage of it in a city off 12 million people

Right. But still you can't claim that public transport is a real solution. Either way Moscow just seems so overcrowded. Just like Tokyo

a relic, which is operated by private companies anyway

It's 10am in that pic btw

>Reagan
biggest cunt ever

oh shit. i thought it was late night!

That's how it looks when we go to work

Tell me again about London's street system.

that only proves they dont have enough investment in public transport

Absolutely anywhere. There are over 700 bus routes, 417 km of tram routes, 584 km trolleybus routes and over 1500 trolleybuses, 200 metro stations, suburban trains goes through the city to center, etc. Even monorail.
Most people had no cars in commie times and public transport should be able to get you anywhere.

I lived in the Nortwestern suburbs too. I worked nearby so I didn't use Metra but I agree Metra is convenient and it goes all the way to far North suburbs which is like 1.5h away from the loop by car (with no traffic!). So those who claim that there is no such thing as suburban trains are full of shit.

London was around long before capitalism existed

Sounds excellent. Did the USSR invest a lot in public transport?

mass transportation is one industry that consistently loses money more often than it makes.

> Did the USSR invest a lot in public transport?
Place without public transport would be not livable because few had personal cars. So yes.

No it only proves that everyone wants to live and/or work in Moscow which tells you something about the Russian economy. So that's a lot more complicated than simply "investing in public transport".

thats how economy works, my uneducated friend

>russia
>education

Which suburb? I've taken the UPN all the way to Kenosha just for the fun of it one day and I couldn't imagine doing that commute on a daily basis, but a lot of the north suburbs seemed pretty accessible.

>russian economy
>working

pick one

that's why your country will always remain a shithole

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Input–output_model

usatoday.com/story/money/business/2014/09/13/24-7-wall-st-most-educated-countries/15460733/
According to data recently released by the Organization for Co-operation and Development (OECD), more than half of Russian adults held tertiary degrees in 2012 — the equivalent of college degree in the United States — more than in any other country reviewed. Meanwhile, less than 4% of Chinese adults had tertiary qualifications in 2012, less than in any other country. 24/7 Wall St. reviewed the 10 countries with the highest proportion of adults holding a college degree.

Because it doesn't make sense for us to invest shittons of money in high speed rail. For commuter train/subway systems it would be good but between cities no, we already have plenty of planes and highways (although we need to fix those, thanfuklly Trump claims he will invest in infrastructure and contrary to pooular belief politicians keep most of their campaign promises) and don't need to spend so much money on things only hyper rich people will use.

Your country is one of the biggest shitholes imaginable in many regards, public transportation is one of them.

I lived in Mundelein, but I know people commuted all the way from Waukegan and that's a long fucking way but still better than driving.

The whole automotive lobby and GM buying streetcar companies was a thing, but that was really more in the 40s and 50s, and while it did more physical damage, the events of the 60s did much more emotional damage, assuring that people would have an anti-transport mindset. Like said, we're kind of having a transit resurgence, luckily. In smaller cities with no existing transport, they're building streetcars in the city center, since they help gentrify and develop the area, and in the cities with existing transport, they're building a lot because if they don't they'll have a Tokyo-tier situation (and some already do; The Lexington Avenue Line transports 1.3 MILLION people a day). And to top it off, the feds have been very pro-transit as of late, giving quite a bit of funding, and people in general are finally waking up, and on a local level voted to give $200 Billion to transit projects this year (granted almost all of that went to LA and Seattle), but even on a non-monetary basis, a lot of communities which previously wouldn't allow transit, are now saying they want it (thanks to the fact that their commutes are shit, or they see the prosperity it can bring an area).

(2/3)

are you freezing your ass off waiting for that bus, mr kraut? public transportation fags hahahaha

>the US is one of the biggest shitholes imaginable
Really makes me think

That being said, our lack of public transportation is one of those I'm not the most proud of.

>America is a shithole
When will this meme end

Inb4 black people, yes we know they are mostly imporverished and are a drain on this country, that doesn't make us a shithole that just makes the partially segregated areas where blacks live shitty.

And also its not that simple to just build light rail everywhere we have like 4x the population and 5 quadrillion times the space as Germany.

>posts a failed model
did you even read what you posted?

we prefer not have such monetary sinkholes. like i said, many of our states have public transportation in highly dense urban areas, and that's where it serves it purpose. a majority of our country is not nearly as densely populated which would warrant such an expansive transportation system

What are you talking about? Cities receive 90% of the public funding.
In fact the only sizeable chunk you could justify as being rural is farm subsidies, but they mainly go to large farming companies now days instead.

Why would you not hate public transport? It's shit.
>Cunts are never on time
>Have to share space with some of the lowest dregs of society and overhear their bullshit even though you don't want to
>Racial minorities use it
I hate riding the bus; the second I can afford a car I'm off that shit.

Distances between places are generally too far (unless a large city) to make Public Transportation viable/economical

Every candidate always says they are investing in infrastructure. Then when it time to work on a budget shit falls apart because of riders, and then everyone goes on vacation.

You can see where each bus is on mobile phone

dude, this meme doesn't have to end. this makes it fun. poor euros will always be jealous. let them do it.

And to the Russian user:

While local and federal funding is quite (comparatively) high, most transit systems that traverse more than one city (which is commonplace for larger systems in the US) get the bulk of their funding from the state, and most state legislatures are set up to give rural areas a proportionally big say, and they don't want the cities getting transit because that doesn't benefit them. Construction in cities is also VERY expensive, so most resources a city has are devoted on large, capital, projects, so they can't run trains that frequently, even if they have to. Sometimes it's not even that, but extremely small things that prevent them from going full balls to the wall with service levels. (LIRR for instance, has been in court for years trying to be able to expand the train yard, even though they already own the land).

As for suburban services (called commuter rail here)...
They're the ones usually held up by petty shit like the example above (LIRR is the commuter rail for Long Island, part of the New York City metro area). They also have really high standards, such as wanting a guaranteed seat (The LIRR is considered crowded, despite only a few trains each day having standees), and they don't really run trains outside of rush hours, limiting it's usage. Metra for instance, runs trains every few minutes during the rush, but only every two hours on weekends. Plus, because suburban developments are so vast, most people drive to get to the commuter rail station to begin with. For newer systems/lines, the problem is that they don't want to risk large amounts of funding, so they make it as bare-bones as possible, with very little service, preventing it from really catching on.

(3/3)

Whoops, forgot to have them reply to each other

i love subway
youtube.com/watch?v=RZrsAGlB6R4

that map isn't true to the story.
Half of the land in our country isn't lived in
Why would be have every single road in the country covered by a bus if there's nobody there to serve????

Which country is this paradise?

youtube.com/watch?v=mRwXMlEcg34

youtube.com/watch?v=mzmVKTvzQcc

nice.

wish we had better public transport. fuck cars especially in cities

>Why do burgers hate public transportation so much?

Because we have to share it with crazy, violent minorities.

Only efficiently works in major cities

Cars are easier than mass transit outside if major cities

Mass transit is full of obnoxious brown people who ask for money and smelly homeless people who also ask for money.

Okay and outside of Moscow how is the public transport

Because theirs (when available) is a real piece of shit purposedly designed to be a real piece of shit for the use of those that can't afford a car.

not used in ussr =\= failed

this is probably better page
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_equilibrium_theory

Most Americans own cars and have no need to use public transportation. For long distances we either drive or fly. City buses and services like Greyhound are reserved primarily for impoverished people living in urban centers. If you go to the CATA station in Lansing, Michigan, almost everybody waiting outside for service is black or trailer-trash. Fights routinely break out and the place is infested by panhandlers and drug dealers.

Over near Detroit, the line running from the suburbs to the city has a reputation for hauling low-income commuters and young junkies going to get their fix.

Public transport in the US is for poorfags. That's not to say I don't support the expansion of public transportation. Being able to get around cities like New York and Chicago without a car is wonderful. I also wish we had more affordable long-distance options. Interstate flights are ridiculously expensive when compared to international flights in Europe.

Norwegian Air flies from Norway to NYC and Boston for $100-$200 one-way in winter. I can't even fly from DTW to LAX for that little. I can't turn to Amtrak, either, because they're slow and expensive as fuck outside of some small, traffic-heavy lanes.

European public transport is full of crazy people.
Here is their daily experiences:

youtube.com/watch?v=GN-SnmfL0JA

these guys seem to be enjoying the company:
youtube.com/watch?v=oW25-1ehTJo

Americans have an ultra-individualistic mindset as opposed to a collectivist one like you'd see in East Asia. This results in people wanting to control their own transportation needs.

>why do burgers x?
like everything else, it depends on where you are. when i lived in Chicago i exclusively took the train. i literally did not drive a car for almost 10 years straight. there was no need to because the city was dense and i could get to wherever i wanted by walking or talking the train

now that i live on the west coast though everything is super spread out, there arent any public transit because there is too much distance to cover, its easier for everyone to just go their own way in their own private transport

i personally LOVE public transport. there is nothing comfier than putting in some headphones and looking out the window on a train. i hate driving

Public transport is developed all over ex-ussr. At least in towns/cities. Because we had little cars - no public transport - place is unlivable.
We have 7 metro systems in big cities. In smaller cities it's mostly trolleybuses, trams and buses.
Where there is no public bus line private companies launch buses or minibuses because there is a demand.
And there is train network all over the country with passanger trains.

>i will never live in a country where walking is a good alternative to driving a car

You sound like you're just making up excuses for being fat.