This is awesome, Sup Forums's thoughts?

This is awesome, Sup Forums's thoughts?

One of my favorite Zappa albums, if only for Inca Roads.

But Sup Forums is generally a bad place to talk Zappa, as he mostly is the topic of shitposting.

I feel the same way. Very fun LP.

Incredible record, OP. Probably my favorite as well

Zappa IS a shitpost

Top 5 Zappa, possibly my favorite. Inca Roads is the obvious standout but I think it's pretty strong as a whole with only "Evelyn, a Modified Dog" being a "meh" track... and it's only like a minute long so whatever.

>But Sup Forums is generally a bad place to talk Zappa
>All I can offer the discussion is that I like it
Yawn

>only "Evelyn, a Modified Dog" being a "meh" track

Can't Afford No Shoes, San Ber'dino, Florentine Pogen are above "meh"?

CANT AFFORD NO SHOOOOOOOOOOES

I'm huge Zappa fan, but, apart from Inca Roads, this album just doesn't do it for me. Can't Afford is dumb, Pajama People lasts a bit too long, and Andy is too schizophrenic to make an impact.

When it comes to mid-70s Zappa, I much prefer live albums like Roxy and Can't do That on Stage Vol. 2.

FUCK YEA Zappa fucking rules. One of me fav albums along with Mr. Bungle debut and Gentle Giant.

I'm not gay, but San Ber'dino is my fucking jam so FUCK you

San Ber'dino the weakest song on that album

I know ur teasing, but i unironically love all of those albums.

I always forget about live albums.

Evelyn a modified dog
viewed the quivering fringe of a special doily
draped across the piano with some surpriiiiiise

inthedarkenedroom-wherethechairsdismayed-andthehorriblecurtainsmuffledtherain

she could hardly believe her eyes

a curious breeze, a garlic breath, which sounded like a snore; somewhere near the steinway or even from withiiiiiiin

had caused the doily fringe to waft and tremble in the gloooooom

Evelyn a dog having under gone furhter modification pondered the significane of short-person behavior, in pedal-depressed panchromatic resonance and other highly ambient domains
arf she said

Pojama People is some of his best guitar work.

It's too bad that Sup Forums started hating on Zappa and calling him sporkcore. He didn't take himself or really anything at all too seriously, that's all, wasn't trying to be a euphoric gentleman. I remember when Hot Rats used to be Sup Forumscore.

I never canned Zappa for being "random", I just think his music is inane, pseudo-artsy and tacky. Which would be fine as a difference of opinion but his fans are also obnoxious children that tell you the music is just over your head but can never make any kind of argument

I guess the best thing I could tell you as a Zappa fan is that it's all part of an act and that he's making as much fun of himself as a professional musician as he is of other people, but I know that's a flawed argument since then you could go on to say that any shit artist "is just pretending to be retarded!!" so I see where you're coming from. It's not for everyone.

from '69-78, FZ could do no wrong.

Yeah let's just keep all off kilter music very serious. How can we listen to music that's a little wacky and humorous? It's simply not patrician.

Cmon now, a little love for pic related.

inca roads sucks?

Zappa is a conundrum to me. I've heard Zappa that I really loved, but every time I try to listen to him on my own I get bored.

66-71*

from 66-81

ftfw