What is the quintessential House album? Like the Kind of Blue or Illmatic of House...

What is the quintessential House album? Like the Kind of Blue or Illmatic of House? Something that can tell me "this is house music" preferably for ambient house but any things fine

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QV8eiSA4vqc
youtube.com/watch?v=UeiH9Mm0E5Y
youtu.be/MWoPYICAbw4?t=12m30s
youtu.be/wPIFUWOLc2A?t=16m21s
youtu.be/kFzt5gVq3t0?t=30m55s
youtu.be/aP0FRZA11dY?t=11m21s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Random Album Title

The White Room

House and edm are shit

a lot of electronic music, especially dance music, is not centred around albums, but more singles & live sets, so i'd argue there is no 'kind of blue' of house

Then what are some good songs?

Is deadmau5 a meme?

deadmau5 is shitmainstream edm

idk the definition of house even desu electronic music is so genre fluid who cares

it's more that EPs are a more popular format than LPs

That's kind of a silly question because electronic music isn't about albums - it's about singles, which are then played in live sets.

That said, I think the first two Daft Punk albums will be remembered as quintessential house albums in 30 years time. Discovery *probably* edges out Homework because you bloody americans took ten years to discover DP, and then it was all just ONE MOOORE TIME FAGGOTS!

>inb4 french touch isn't house. Fuck off it is.

youtube.com/watch?v=QV8eiSA4vqc

Deadmau5 is good, not my thing but I like this song. He did something different. Wasn't much else going on that I heard about.

youtube.com/watch?v=UeiH9Mm0E5Y

Aurora got me this on wax for my birthday, my favorite album I own.

> electronic music isn't about albums - it's about singles, which are then played in live sets.
I really wouldn't say that's categorically true.

I used to have illmatic too but I sold it for a dime. It went to a good cause though, the guy I sold it to is a real head. Where I learned about hip-hop from. He grew up in cali and used to trade mixtapes in his school yard.

Yeah, you're right. A minimalist album is a thing of wonder, but as far as the popular genres are concerned (house, for example), albums are very much second fiddle to 12" singles, and digital sources like beatport.

He probably meant dance music - at least certain genres.

Larry Heard was in Melbourne last week. I am still angry that I didn't go. Such a chooooon

He ended up playing piano for a church for a while if I'm not mistaken. He made lots of religious music later on, it's a good gig.

Ok. Individual tastes, obviously, but here's what has been tickling my fancy setwise recently (Aussie here)

youtu.be/MWoPYICAbw4?t=12m30s

This whole set is fantastic but it moves around Disco-Tech-House quite a bit. This track at 12:30 is fucking mint. A lot of live sets do, I guess. Mall Grab is moving to London later this year. Expect big things

youtu.be/wPIFUWOLc2A?t=16m21s

Bicep are Nth Irish, and along with other UK house artists have a pretty distinctive style. This is my highlight of their set.

youtu.be/kFzt5gVq3t0?t=30m55s

I expected a wirey little italian sort of dude when I first listened to Julio Bashmore. He's a big, scottish redhead though. This set is great, and the album 'Knockin' Boots' from last year is sensational.

youtu.be/aP0FRZA11dY?t=11m21s

Massimiliano Pagliara has been my favourite club gig this year. This sooooong!

Honestly I think the reason I'm dumping whole sets with markers on individual songs is twofold: Firstly 'albums' are less important for electronic music IMHO than live sets. And secondly, just FUUUUCK these pros know how to play a crowd.

or Homework or Screamadelica.