youtube.com/watch?v=P1KDyYZoIH8
rateyourmusic.com/list/burberryusb/music_to_read_to/
youtube.com/watch?v=H5uNiyEfMdI
soundcloud.com/experimedia/en-the-absent-coast-album
soundcloud.com/experimedia/john-davis-ask-the-dust-album
soundcloud.com/rootstrata/sets/sean-mccann-ten-impressions-for-piano-strings
twitter.com/AnonBabble

definitive edition

I'm one of the many who are looking to get more well versed in his stuff beyond Gas, this chart is exactly what you needed.

I'm looking for something for fall. Something like this. Barns, apples, wagon wheels. Any recs?

youtube.com/watch?v=sEVxR-dssIA

I'm not big into ambient but i listened to Soil Festivities by Vangelis the other day. It was preddy good.

more like this; animal\ nature samples.

Can't find this album anywhere, anybody have a mega to it?

Which album?

forgot pick senpain

Can i get a rec for something with an organic sound but be in the taste of dark ambient? Pls no techno aphex twin shit.

Yes, please give The Haxan Cloak's self titled album a listen.

youtube.com/watch?v=iZJ-vfCqDik

You might like this. A cold, autumny, scratchy, mysterious sounding album

not the sound i was going for but still pretty good
Not bad, thanks for the rec

>organic sound
?

Do A Winged Victory for the Sullen and Stars of the Lid share any members?

I guess something along the lines of The Caretaker or Brian Eno, nothing that sounds electronic really, you feel me?

Yep

Swag.

the one in the OP
boomkat.com/products/seleya

sleep research facility - deep frieze
very evoking of dark and desolate landscapes of the antarctic
does maybe get a bit unnatural at points, but it sounds much more like hallucinations or just general eerieness than computer sounds

Perhaps Eluvium

Guys, is it bad that I only use Ambient as background music?

Damn thats eerie, thanks for the rec.

Nope! There's both active and passive listening records in the ambient genre.

any fax man in??
some true hidden goats on there
youtube.com/watch?v=P1KDyYZoIH8

For some reason I like that this thread is mostly text. It's comfy and nice in here.

best ambient album of all time coming through

digging some Tim Hecker - Virgins rite now. Very brooding and dramatic stuff

anything album(s) similar to HCTI??

could you rec some active listening records?
What exactly is the difference between the two, are passive listening records designed to be background music? I suppose music for airports was supposed to be that, but I just find it odd that an artist would consider their own work as "background".

thoughts??

stop shilling

most ambient is fine to listen to either passively or actively tbqh

there's nothing wrong with either approach

Well, something like Brian Eno's Music for Airports was made with the intention of being background music. Whereas an artist like Tim Hecker clearly makes ambient music to listen to actively.

Great album that. Can't think of another SRF album that has the same vibe, most are pretty unnatural-sounding.

None yet. What is it?

Also bumping with a great classic.

Can anyone recommend some good studying ambient? I'll share one fantastic ambient album I found recently, someone on rateyourmusic described it as "pause menu music for your life," which I think is a fantastic description

>studying ambient
literally any ambient

yep, this is brian eno's theory, i guess, to ambient music.
that's pretty messy and i have no actual thoughts on that, don't ask.

yeah pretty much anything, at all, will work. just pick the ones that aren't your favorites, but you still enjoy and sometimes forget are playing.

spinning this right now. ian deserves so much more attention for his approach to tape and voice within the genre. glad he's getting at least some traction now.

rateyourmusic.com/list/burberryusb/music_to_read_to/
this is a really great list. some gems, some shitty ones. it's worth just picking a random album or trawling through it until you find something you think you might like. either way works.

Good point
Thanks for the list, and I agree with you on Centres. A Single Hope is one of my favorite songs of the year, sounds like William Basinki trying to make pop music. Gorgeous stuff. Eluvium's new album gives me similar vibes but the vox on Centres pushes it to another level for me

Any. But this and Rest You Sleeping Giant - Frost in particular.

i see why you'd say that. good taste my Sup Forumsro

thanks man. have you heard any other machinefabriek albums?

its Albur! - She used to feed me

I always thought this song, whilst not being strictly ambient, made really good use of atmospherics

youtube.com/watch?v=H5uNiyEfMdI

0.02 is clearly their best tho

Bumping with unexpected surprisingly decent album.

love this
bumperino

Didn't like this at first, but the more I listen to it the more I am enchanted. The background ambiance really makes it work.

Most the FRKWYS series is worth checking out too

Everyone thinks they can are able to make good ambient/drone music, but 98% is fucking bad and boring. Looking for gems to add to my collection is virtually impossible. Please rec me something similar to the discography of En. soundcloud.com/experimedia/en-the-absent-coast-album
Or soundcloud.com/experimedia/john-davis-ask-the-dust-album
Or soundcloud.com/rootstrata/sets/sean-mccann-ten-impressions-for-piano-strings