Post your album of the life - an album that you witnessed the release of and that affected you greatly immediately (...

Post your album of the life - an album that you witnessed the release of and that affected you greatly immediately ( and you still enjoy).

Pic related for me. Came out a few weeks after we found out my grandma had cancer.

She'll be okay

She's dead now

Holy shit, Sup Forums is total autism tonight.

not real

Only album worthy of the lifetitle for me.

You're gunna be okay, please don't fuck with me if this is somebody out there. :)

Seeing how this took over the world was something pretty special at the time. I was just too young to remember Dookie's impact but will always remember this as the last rock album that really affected culture periodically.

Call me a fag below, but this album is pretty special to me as it came when I assumed Green Day would never release another album.

I don't have to prove anything to you. But she died because of tumors in her brain in late march.

Why the fuck would I lie about this sort of thing cancer is real and very sad and it would be horribly insensitive to make this up.

Also I've never gone a week without listening to it since release. I love everything about this album and it did a lot for my love of music

You're fucking with me

year of the bleep lad

No it's an amazing album that for some reason along the way picked up a lot of hate.

I think this is partly due to a vocal portion of the new fanbase upon release being teenage girls

>Being shocked someone on Sup Forums likes this album

Senpai its pretty loved here, seems Sup Forums has always had a soft spot for green day kinda

hahahahahahahahahaha

Excellent discussion lad, quality Sup Forums post

You are so new that it pains me

Do you prefer Jesus of Suburbia or Homecoming?

People will make fun of you, but I wholeheartedly agree. Album of my preteens

Op this is one of the most autistic threads I have seen today

How can an album greatly affect you, you sound like an overly-emotional faggot. Your grandma and the album release have nothing to do with each other, you are just trying to make a connection to feel special in some way.

You are not special, you are a faggot, and this album is a piece of shit that has nothing to do with your life or your grandma's lack of life

An actual literal form of autism is being emotionally disconnected from the world like you seem to be, as well as needlessly aggressive

look, i know this is bait. idk why I'm even replying to you. but I'm bored so shutting down trolls is far from the worst thing I could do rn.

>How can an album affect you greatly
>you sound like an overly-emotional faggot

you realize not being able to form emotional connections to things is literally a symptom of autism

>Your grandma and the album release have nothing to do with each other

obviously. But this album came out and was about death, mortality, etc., which mirrored a lot of the thoughts I was having at the time due to finding out about my grandmas cancer. Having Bowie actually die from cancer soon after releasing this album just made it that much more powerful.

>you are just trying to make a connection to feel special in some way.

why would I do that. I don't "try" to connect with albums to "feel special". I listen to them, and if they connect with me then that's just how it is.

>You are not special

I know

>you are a faggot

why are you so angry

>and this album is a piece of shit that has nothing to do with your life or your grandma's lack of life

If you don't like the album that's cool. But i honestly pity you for having such a shitty life that you troll an anonymous person about an emotional time in their lives to derive happiness or pleasure.

I'm with you OP. Sometimes this place is edgy for the sake of edge and it's just getting real old.

I haven't heard this particular album, but I'm sorry about your grandma.

Thanks user. Should have known better than to bring up personal shit on here anyway desu

Well, I'm one of those that can't stand American Idiot. I listened to it a LOT back when it came out but somewhere recently I pulled a 180. But I'll bite since I can relate to the OP.

My sister and sister-in-law died in a tragic car wreck in 2014 and I was lost in a haze for several months. While I know objectively it isn't a great album, Pink Floyd's The Endless River really helped me through this tough time (along with Dire Straits, Rush, Random Access Memories and Aja) and I still listen to it once in a while and wonder what might have been, both for Floyd and my family members.