Sup Forumsartans, i have a few questions:

Sup Forumsartans, i have a few questions:

1. if okc beats golden st tonight, how long with the shitposting and piling on go tonight?

2. how deep will it get?

3. will this be bigger than 18-1?

please reply below, and thank you in advance for participating.

pic related: sir charles picked the thunder to win.

Chuck and Carlos Beltran could be twins

>tonight

Not even close.

Nothing is bigger than 18 and 1.

OP here

thought i'd add a relevant picture that i forgot that i had on my hd.

The only way it could've been a candidate to be compared to 18-1 is if they went 82-0, swept their conference in the playoffs in 4 games each, went up 3-0 in the finals, and then lost in 7. That will never happen. 18-1 is a huge deal because nothing can match it.

another pic.

please add any relevant pics that you might have

Nothing will ever surpass 18-1 biggest choke job on the biggest stage in the biggest American sport watched by nearly every goddamn American in one night.

A warriors loss would be enormous though and I can't imagine the shitposting would ever stop

sample size bro

its much harder to go 82-0 than it is to go 16-0

Tfw I got into sports too late to witness 18-1 on Sup Forums

Feels bad man

True but it was the NFL and it was the Super Bowl. Everyone and their grandma knows 18-1. It's the 9/11 of the sports world

It's not 18-1. It never can be. 18-1 was an epic moment in time, a handful of fleeting seconds that transformed an undefeated and soon-to-be hallowed team into the most disappointing finish in NFL history. It was a David beating a Goliath, combined with the fact that the Patriots are one of the most reviled teams in sports.

The hamstrung Warriros slowly losing to a supremely talented OKC over the course of a 7 game series isn't even close.

....lurk moar fgt

>this post

>it's the 9/11 of the sports world

>18-1
>7-1
>lelbron getting his ship*

Not even close to any of those events

4/10 almost got me

I disagree with the posters above me, I think it is at least on par with 18-1. Going undefeated in the NFL season is extremely difficult, but it's not seen as impossible. Breaking the Bulls 72-10 record was genuinely seen as impossible, that was on many of the "unbreakable records" list throughout the last 15 years. In fact, the closest any team got before the Warriors was 67 wins. In the NFL, teams finish nearly undefeated every season. Literally just this past season, the Panthers almost went 18-1.

Also consider that if the Warriors lose this series, they won't even make the Finals. They were projected to easily win the whole championship, but if they lose in 5 or 6 games to a team with 20 less wins than them before the Finals even start, that just reinforces the level of the chokejob.

ALSO, most importantly, the Warriors have to get beaten 4 times to lose the series. The Patriots only had to lose one bad fluke game, the Warriors have to get consistently dominated to lose.

To me, all those things make this a bigger chokejob than 18-1. If the Warriors lose tonight, it's the biggest chokejob in sports history.

Negative wouldn't have to be that impossible them losing to the Pistons in the finals would be the NBA equivalent of 18-1

18-1 is still golden

Only way this could compare is if they got swept by an absolutely atrocious Houston team after being named the "greatest of all time"

Or the Hornets somehow luck their way into the finals vs Golden State, and Jeremy Lin hits a halfcourt three to win them the series

Yeah but it's not quite as shocking or brain exploding as 18-1. Missing the finals is just kinda pitiful

thank you for your answers so far. i appreciate them.

73-9>18-1

Especially sine NBA has a best of 7 format instead of single elimination knockout rounds.

You have time to strategize and try to overcome an opponent. If you fail to do that with as much time as you're given it's an even bigger choke.

reminder that the Lakers beat them and gave them the 1 out of 9 losses

how did that even happen anyway

>18-1
>on Sup Forums

Anyone saying 18-1 is a bigger choke is just a biased NFL fag that doesn't watch basketball and completely comprehend just how good this Warriors team is and how badly they're being dominated by OKC.

So did the nuggets...with like 2 key injuries

>Literally just this past season, the Panthers almost went 18-1
which has only happened 3 other times in the entire history of the NFL, between the 2007 patriots, the 1985 bears, and the 1984 49ers. teams do not "finish nearly undefeated every season", the good teams are usually at around 12-13 wins. being able to get to over .900 is seen as a monumental achievement since it doesn't happen very often.

game is on way too late to watch

There were well over 100 10-1 threads when the patriots lost their first game.

but anyone who actually watches basketball knows the regular season doesn't mean shit and would realize that chucking 3's is incredibly easy to counter as soon as playoff defense rolls around and that not resting players is a surefire way to leave yourself open for injuries

>Lose SB to a team who should have beat them in the regular season
>Patriots shouldn't have even gotten to 15-0 because they were given the game in Baltimore on a silver platter by the refs
>Everyone hates the Pats

vs

>Team going 73-9 in a league where winning 60+ games in a massive achievement
>Gotten blown the fuck out in all 3 losses in the conference finals they were expected to coast through
>Was considered by many to be one of the greatest teams of all time
>Gets excuses made left and right because muh golden boys

Nothing will ever top 18-1 just because it happened to the fucking Patriots, but if the Warriors lose tonight it should be considered worse because it'd be like the Pats getting blown out in the AFC Championship game that year 45-7.