Ireland?

Why does this country have 2 national soccer teams?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZQJrovKgrTw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>amerifat edumacation

North Ireland and Ireland are different countries.
Britain, on the other hand, has a lot of teams. There is Wales, Scotland, England.

Because the UK is retarded and they insist in breaking up their federation in four pieces.

Which are also all different countries.

WE DA NORTH

We only had one until Partition, then the Republic set up a new one with Independence

both teams were taking each other's players right up until the 50s

I hope we get a United Ireland to see the NI fans tears.

There wont be 1 player in their squad picked for United Ireland.

Bangor reporting in. BBJM is bringing it home.

Because the Republic of Ireland is a separate sovereign nation, whilst Northern Ireland is a constituent country of the United Kingdom along with England, Wales and Scotland.

>breaking up their federation in four pieces

There was no breaking up to it, they have always been separate bodies and never merged into a UK team.

We created the game, that's why we're allowed 1 vote each on the IFAB whilst the entire rest of FIFA gets 4 votes between them.

lafferty would

>There wont be 1 player in their squad picked for United Ireland.
Just checked ROI squad. Steven Davis would get into that midfield no problem.

Kill all proddys desu pal

Yeah it was pretty weird, two teams called Ireland took part in the 1950 WC with a whole bunch of players in both teams being cross-border.

the republic was not in the WC until 1990

Qualifying sorry.

The Irish rugby team is of course united so it wouldn't be completely unheard of

coz rep. Ireland are traitors

Can't wait til Brexit and we go bankrupt and have to rejoin the UK

>50 (fifty) states
>federal (federal) laws differ from state laws

>too much ass

I want Ireland to rejoin. Have your own parliament and shit, but be part of the 'union' in the sense of you'll consider yourself British in that regard.

Why? Because I respect the Irish who fought for the British in all it's wars prior to Independence. I also respect the Irish killing the Nazi's who tried to incite the Irish into attacking UK.

It's why I think Scotland wanting Independence is one of the most sickening things ever. It's literally gonig "lol fuck the Scots who died for Britain, let's spit on their graves!". Also

>Lol we don't want to be controlled by London!
>gib independence!
>But we don't want to leave the EU!
>Ignoring the fact they'd be controlled by Brussels

It's disgusting. Join us, at least rejoin the Commonwealth. I want Hong Kong back the most, after Ireland.

We've too many fuckin legends to only field one team

/s

My problem with that is that fucking song

because MISSUS BANFIELD

If England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland just became Team UK, would they be any better than England currently is?

Not really tbqh

Federal law trumps state law. The Constitution ostensibly defines which matters Federal law can deal with and which are left to the states. However, given Supreme Court precedents (particularly with regard to the Interstate Commerce clause), Federal law can basically do anything

Would Northern Ireland be rejoined with the rest of the island, or is the Protestant/Catholic divide still too much?

Yes. We would have won a lot more. Imagine George Best in England's team? Or Bale? Or Giggs? Or Strachan? Loads of top players.

Possibly be too much, but if the two combined, it'd be 'killing your own'.

cuck

>I want Ireland to rejoin

never

>the Irish who fought for the British in all it's wars prior to Independence

because Irish people were poor as shit and needed the work

> Join us, at least rejoin the Commonwealth

fuck no

on an ideological basis, along with the fact that we wont benefit in a single way

Pathetic comments

There's already an all Ireland rugby team. What do you think m8

Because Northern Ireland's players are so shit they wouldn't get a game otherwise. NI literally only represents about 800,000 people and is San Marino tier

Oh

>George Best in England's team

>tfw liberals will finally ruin the nation if hillary wins through the supreme court

Soccer is for low iq chavs though

>hillary clinton
>liberal

This trend began with Gibbons v. Ogden in 1824

The general opinion of the courts has been that issues which affect interstate commerce are within the purview of the Federal government. The courts generally have found that damn near everything affects interstate commerce

>Trying to claim Best when you're taig scum

Fuck off you gypsy bastard

he played for hibs and cork celtic, lad

when did he play for rangers?

best would play for anyone who would pay for his drinking habit

he was raised in a protestant ulster scots family though, his dad was an oragemen but i doubt george gave a fuck about religion or national identity

>he was raised in a protestant ulster scots family though, his dad was an oragemen

sure we all make mistakes, he is forgiven

half the ROI squad was born in NI anyway

and you lads are forgiven for your wee taliban-like insurgency in 1916

no one recognizes them as independent nations though. You guys are just special snowflakes when it comes to non-Olympic sports.

>implying any of your faggot ass descendants knew what they were doing
>british cuckoldry

So these are their badges?

be some banter next season

because England, at the height of their empire, were just too beta to maintain full control of a tiny island nation right beside them

>Rebels pissed at home rule (UK were all like we won't make you a country but you can be this thing) so they get themselves killed, (with hilarious planning)
>People get pissed at executions so UK start a make a treaty thatll make Irish Free State (now known as the republic) a dominion similar to Canada
>treaty gets mixed reaction but after referendum, Irish were sick of violence so they voted to keep free state and north separate.
>William Cosgrave becomes PM literally the hero of Ireland, shows UK that Ireland can be a country on its own and very sneakily slowll develop the free state as a indepedant nation (1 method was sending ambassadors without Brits' permission making them pissed)
>Cosgrave and co. find true definition of the UK Empire via "The Balflour Definition" outlining that they are not under the control of Britain rather theyre allies.
>De Valera wins next election, uses King Edward VIII's abdication to create the Bunreacht na hEireann to remove all reference to the king
>Govt. of Ireland act 1940 is signed by Costello and the Brits make the Irleand Act both recognising Republic as an independant nation.
>Meanwhile in the north protestants were holocausting catholics until Gerry Adams and Margaret Thatcher saved the day so theyre still with the UK not an independant nation (same as Scotland and Wales)
>But will the North and UK vote to leave the EU? Find out next time on Sup Forumsball z!

the song is grand what are you on about

Amhrán na bhFiann triggers everyone in Twickenham are you trying to kill the queen guv'nor?

What are you suggesting "God Save the Queen" be banned in Aviva and Croker? w e w lad

you answered your own question with the picture you posted...

WIll get further than ROI faggot

Yous rape our youngsters

we gotta play dat gaelic you know how we do

FEEL THE BURNNNNNN

They can't admint to themselves N.Irl > ROI

"I love Northern Ireland" - absolutely nobody

we're beloved the world over, all ye have is fucking Israel and apartheid south africa

Aaaaaas down
The-uh Glenn
Woh-hon Easter morn
To a ci-i-ty-y fairrrrrrodeaye

Theher aaaarmed lines
Oof marching men
In squaadroons passed me by

No pipe did hum
Noo battledrummm
Diid sound
Its loooud
Tattewwwwwwwwwww
But the angelus bell
O'er the liffys swell
Raaahaaang out in the
Foggyyyyyyy
Dueeeeeee

NO-NO-NO-NOTORIOUS

Ireland truly has the goat anthem

>Takes FIFA Rankings seriously
>The same FIFA rankings that put LELGIUM at no.1
>The same FIFA that gave QATAR the world cup

o im laffin

Because the Irish take life too seriously so had to be seperated based on how they worship the same god

cry more .. makes me laugh

>it's literally illegal for a Catholic to be in charge of England
>they try to call others sectarian

the eternal anglo never stops

Tbh

Nice friendly win by N.Irl.. 3-0,

How's ROI doing?

>How's ROI doing?

doing grand, we actually run our country

kek, what was this about? Was the murder weapon a concealed spud?

>we actually run our country
>bailed out by the EU
kek

Don't you mean Europe run it..

EU treaty yous even voted no and EU made you have another go till you cucked like good little leprecauns and changed it to a Yes. You're deliusional

Ohh look you can't even win tonight. .. you're likely not even watching it.

>NI at 26th and above Poland

lol these are going to change dramatically after June

>m-muh EU

I'll be fucking delighted when you leave and nothing gets better, and in fact you'll find that things get worse under a tory fucking maority government

>w-we'll match EU spending, p-promise. Y-you'll even save money

lmao, classcucks

Agree, we'll be under 20 :-)

The last time the Nederlands played Northern Ireland they won 6-0.

ohh getting angry .. bringing out the murdering scum gerry for moral support. mmmm taste those sweet tears

Yes you're right, you'll be far below 20

You mean when they were 8th in the world and not 18th like they are now...

scrathch that.. my bad.. 2nd in the world..

You are..actually serious about the Fifa Rankings?

>brits getting uppity about the morality of murder during war when you've literally committed genocide on every continent

not even the nazis accomplished that, congrats

Far too much divide. Fighting and sectarianism still going on for bizarre reasons (there was a entire riot over a flag being taken down a couple of years ago), useless government who do nothing but try to rile of both sides

Gerry never harmed a soul. He's just a kindly old gent.

>britbong and too much arse fighting over subjugation

chill out ahmed

youtube.com/watch?v=ZQJrovKgrTw

literally 9/11

>muslims
>norn iron

>Americans saving the day

This is too far-fetched even for anime

I like that they think we're sophisticated enough to have nukes

didn't they call somebody a "proddy fenian" in this?

Lads, what would happen if NI and ROI face each other in the Euros?

Would there be riots / guns / deaths? I'm English so I don't really know how fervent the hostility is these days

I'd assume it'd be like Celtic/Rangers but with more fighting

there isnt much

ireland wants us back, we want to stay and thats the end of it for now

its like if you have a husband that beats you, and leave him for a much taller husband who treats you right the old guy gets jealous and wants you back. well too bad

the only tension is the catholics who still live up here

>its like if you have a husband that beats you, and leave him for a much taller husband who treats you right the old guy gets jealous and wants you back. well too bad

you just called your country a slut

Yeah but if there was a game between you two in an international tournament (and it would be past the group stages since you're in different groups) surely that would inflame passions quite a lot?

RULE BRITANNIA
BRITANNIA RULES THE WAVES

BRITONS NEVER NEVER NEVER SHALL BE TAIGS

all the hardcore lads are dead or have given up. it might start some meme shit but nothing serious nobody really cares like they used to

we are senpai. protestants then catholics have been railing us in turns for 1000 years

Here's a question (Englishman here)

I just read how the orange in the Irish flag represents the Protestants, the Orangemen

Doesn't that piss Irish people off? I thought the whole point of forming Ireland was so you could get rid of the Protestants and be a proud Catholic country

Reminder Ulster is rightful Gaelic clay