Going to vacation in Nicaragua in January. Anything I should be aware of?

Going to vacation in Nicaragua in January. Anything I should be aware of?

Wear a construction hat, no one wants to shoot someone who is trying to help the country

You're not going back

What do you mean. The turn im going to looks very nice and historic, San Juan del sur

San Juan del Norte is situated in the South of San Juan del Sur.

OK, have you been before?

Contras

Why not Costa Rica?

Shitty American satellite

Don't ride in the bus with the locals
Avoid the street food.
Politely decline beggars and swindlers

I've been to Costa Rica twice already (Tamarindo)

Once you've seen Juan, you've seen 'em all.

No

Don't take public transport. Don't explore the cities by night, and if you're going to do it by day you do it with a local.

That's pretty much how tourists avoid getting in trouble here, so I imagine is the same for that country.

Go to granada. It's like antigua but with less tourists so feels less crowded.

>Tico con detectado

GET OUT REEEEE

>nicaragua
I stayed at a """hotel""" where the front door was made of steel and the doorman had a shotgun when i was sent to Managua on business.

This is the place you are going to avoid doing dumb shit like going out alone or taking your expensive camera and phone anywhere

>San Juan del Sur

Great placed to get robbed or raped these days. Watch yourself.

Avoid the fucking pot-smoking backpackers and lock your shit up solid in a hostel. Those fucking deadbeats will rip you off blind for their next bag of weed.

Be careful around Masaya. There have been reports of fake police roadblocks, just general armed robberies in the middle of nowhere.

Don't get yourself in too rural zones, the people tend to be somewhat more violent

We're renting a nice new house via AirBNB. I'm just curious what the town is like. I hear it's better than Tamarindo in terms of tourists etc. I'm not sure what to expect though

Hey! I went to Tamarindo over the summer and winter break, how does San Juan Del Sur compare?

I think is more "tourist friendly", because it is actually one of the more visited places there. Apart from that, I think the weather and the environment is very similar (that's from a friend that went there, I have never visited)

Alright cool, thanks for the info