Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1757

Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
djtguide.neocities.org/

Previous thread: Please stay on topic, if you don't like /djt/ anymore because it's on a new board then you don't have to post in it.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11744316
guidetojapanese.org/learn/grammar/particlesintro
guidetojapanese.org/learn/grammar/verbparticles
guidetojapanese.org/learn/grammar/nounparticles
guidetojapanese.org/learn/grammar/negativeverbs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You're the biggest cuck I've ever seen and it says a lot considering the times we live in.

You won't ever reach an acceptable level in Japanese by the way.

No point having two threads on the same topic

DON'T GIVE UP! DON'T GIVE IN! KEEP READING! BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!

Learning Japanese is a very long journey and you need to fuel your mind with the right reasons and the right fuel to sustain that journey! Everyone has a lot of energy at the start and they're very focused on their reasons for learning Japanese, but after you've been going for months then the wear and tear of the grind starts to hit you, you get caught away in the daily challenges, the ups and downs, and you focus on the speed bumps of your daily studies and you lose sight of your reasons! You have to stay focused on the reasons for why you're learning Japanese!

There was once a kid who couldn't speak even though everyone else in his class was speaking. When he was 7 then everyone was reading and talking, but he couldn't read. The teacher brought his parents in and told them that he had to go because he was slowing down the rest of the class. They didn't know what to do with him, so they put him to work and he got fired from every single job that he tried. All that he knows up until 21 years old is failure. He's never tasted success. Then one day he found his reason, he found out what he wanted, and he gave it everything he had! Day in and day out! He tried something over 1,000 times before he was finally successful!

Most people never try something more than 10 times before they throw in the towel, but he just kept trying because this was something that he cared about! As he kept pushing forward then it was all of these failures that kept bringing him closer to success! AND THEN FINALLY THE LIGHT BULB LIT! It was Thomas Edison!

He had been a failure his entire life, but every time that he hit rock bottom then he just got back up and took another step forward! We all fall down in the journey of learning Japanese, but it's our perseverance that determines if we will be successful!

REMEMBER WHAT YOU WANT IN JAPANESE AND GO AFTER IT LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!

Japanese in real life:
Japanese in manga:
Bye.

We need a thread to discuss how we're going to ___ the ___ though.

Learning a language is a very different topic than just chatting in said language.

This thread brings two very powerful assets with it: the guide, as linked in the OP and advanced learners willing to assist by answer questions from their fellow learners.

The "japanese thread" has no particular topic nor such valuable learning assets associated with it, so it is not appropriate for us to move there.

There are dark times filled with a great split between "let DJT die" and "we will ganbare", but I hope those with the COURAGE and WILL to learn Japanese will persevere through this mess and stay with us.

I'm willing to bet the "let DJT die" camp is mostly Sup Forums natives not wanting a general on their board, with some jaded Sup Forums users pissed they have to move here and unwilling to put in the effort to either reclaim our old spot on Sup Forums or to keep them alive on Sup Forums.

That is nothing you can't do in the other thread as well. It also has more Japanese posters in it

That's not what I was getting at.
First word: 4 letter, starts with the 6th letter of the alphabet.
Second word: 4 letters if plural, 3 letters if singular.

Why haven't we merged with these cool guys yet?

Literally or metaphorically? Because I would literally love to do that, but metaphorically it's too much of a hassle.

read the thread

If they are already having their own discussions, barging in with about a million questions related to language learning isn't going to go over well.

Imagine a thread on Sup Forums or Sup Forums happily discussing whatever and then a multitude of ESLs come in discussing grammar points and nuances of a word etc.

It doesn't make much sense, even if the discussion happens to be in English.

And people legitimately upset by flagposting, and the implicit ban of detailed/nuanced grammar discussion in this, the general language learning thread.

Sup Forums is for discussing languages so they should be fine with it. Just report anyone who doesn't like it since they are off-topic shitposters

>fuck the 2hus
2 is not a letter.

Has the 日本語スレッド accused us of not being able to learn Japanese yet?

That happened a long time ago, user, before all this.

strawpoll.me/11744316
Strawpoll from last thread about the preferred destination of the djt in case some of you missed it.

don't let the shills get to you anons, DJT will not die

I WANT TO LEARN IT

sincerely wish you autists would fuck off

we already have a thread and your shit thread got kicked out for being cancer

今日も一日頑張ろうね!

ん、ね。。。

I don't care if the thread dies, I can keep learning on my own. DJT dying only hurts people who would like to start learning Japanese in the future and none of those people will actually find the thread as long as it's on Sup Forums

>They won't find the thread for learning Japanese on the board for cultures and languages
That's stupid, Sup Forums was the first place I looked for a Chinese language thread, a German language thread, and even an ASL thread (which in hindsight was stupid to even think).

the more I try to learn Japanese, the more I think I might be retarted.

Well, you know... "retarded" comes from french, and actually means slower or held back. Sure, you might be retarded, but you still can learn it if you try hard enough. No excuses, user!

>I think I might be retarted.
You are perfect moderator material, you should sign up

>enters a thread telling other people to fuck off
are there are people really this retarded?

I actually wandered into the djt thread a few times because I was bored and it was on the front page, after a few visits I decided to learn Japanese.

Yeah, Sup Forums was also the first place I looked for a French thread... and oh boy, did I regret it.

Are you actually saying you managed to learn Mandarin and German with the help of frog memes and >tfw when no gf?

More so - German/French whatever are closer to our language system and if those generals weren't uber shit, some forced immersion could work.
But that is simply not the case with Japanese. Anyone from a non-pictographic language will have to learn how to learn before everything else.

DJT is way more meta than most practicing spaces, and that's what makes it different from simply jumping into spurdo spardring in a new language.

I was honestly against moving to Sup Forums because politics are too much of a staple in Sup Forums's Japanese threads. Sup Forums is basically /pol's little brother. If we were going to move (not that I see a point), /jp/ would have been a better choice.

Politics are inevitably going to sink in from time to time in any support community where people are basically hanging out and discussing their exploits, but unless it's specifically a political community (which Sup Forums is, more or less), it shouldn't be a main topic.

/jp/ would have put up a more fierce resistance.

The fact is that Sup Forums is clearly where language threads like this belong.

You hate Sup Forums? Well guess what, it won't get better unless threads that actually belong on it (like this one) are post on it.

>The fact is that Sup Forums is clearly where language threads like this belong.
Where does it say that threads for pirating learning materials belong on Sup Forums? DJT is nothing more.

I've been doing reps for years, but I don't know anything. but I won't give up
頑張る

I want Sup Forums back

Read the rules, Sup Forums is for language learning threads, there's even a link to the wiki in the sticky. I'm sorry that you're too elitist to tolerate being on any other board besides Sup Forums.

>Read the rules, Sup Forums is for language learning threads
Where does it say that?
>This board is for the discussion of foreign culture and language. Please be respectful.

>The fact is that Sup Forums is clearly where language threads like this belong.
You are delusional. Sup Forums Mod-tier delusional.

Maybe that was the original intention, but that's not what Sup Forums is used for for YEARS already.

Unless you plan every single board to have a similar exorcism episode with every general being sent to Sup Forums, I don't think our 20~30 survivors will change the board quality for the better.

Why don't we go to reddit and make it better, then? That'd be literally epic, my friend.

>Sup Forums is a board for language learning, guys!
Again, maybe if they reforge it in fire. Like most Sup Forums boards need. But they won't. They're too lazy.

but djt is anime related too. That's like telling the Brit thread to move to Sup Forums because Karen is posted.

Who are you quoting?

lol i'm sorry has there been a misunderstanding of some sort?

fuck off with your shitpost thread

Just let this thread die

Where should I share my brilliant analysis of the virtues of learning nothing but vocabulary?

[s4s]
It's a nice board with nice anons.

put it somewhere in your suicide note

>moved to Sup Forums
>turns into australian shitposting general

Resources on where to learn different dialects?

Why can't we all go to /jp/ instead? Why is it here?

It would be too much for us to actually be exiled to /jp/ after enduring >>/jp/ for so long.

fuck off

Than /trash/ than

Sup Forums is awful and /jp/ would at least make it elite

/jp/ probably has more raving autists who would want us out of their board than Sup Forums does

What do you mean probably? What causes you to doubt that even a little bit?

/jp/ doesn't want braindead attention whores like you.

filthy cancerous weeb trash

ITT: Sup Forums posters pretending to be djt posters and trying to get this thread banned again

>エッチ。セックス。性行為。情交。まぐわい。交尾。アンダースタンド?美奈エッチ。セックス。性行為。情交。まぐわい。交尾。アンダースタンド?
What did she mean by this

nothing is bad enough to get banned from Sup Forums

This everyone else is to blame but me attitude is what got you kicked out of Sup Forums in the first place.

>you

Is he even wrong?

Anyone? Can we have some actual learning discussion in here?

Dunno but if it's manga try

if you can already read japanese usually searching google for "~弁講座" (eg, 大阪弁講座) will bring up some nice results

>one lonely american replies constantly to absolutely everyone to desperately keep shitty thread alive

Huh? It links the very same google docs in their op if I remember correctly. Plus there's ACTUAL Japanese posters there unlike this weird enclave of a thread.

thanks, will give it a shot

>Sup Forums
>daily Japanese thread

I don't think ill ever get used to that.
I dont even consider this a real edition anyway.

Where d oescape anyway? I rarely study anymore anyway tbqh I am more about economy shit.

What in the world does "nights of stay" mean?

it means "stay night" as in "fate/stay night"

>1 Australian endlessly replies to the thread for no real reason.

Don't forget that Japanese namefag too

うそつきだ

出: exit, leave, go out, come out, put out, protrude
来: come, due, next, cause, become

出来る: to be able, good at

How does that work? I get how 大 and 人 make 大人 because it literally means "Large person" but how does 出来る come together?

Two reasons.
1) It "means" "come into existence".
2) する lost its potential form, and it had to be replaced. Thus, 出来る.

There might be some kind of explanation but... languages aren't always perfectly logical would be my answer. Does a hammer "ham", or a finger "fing"?

I don't really see how "come into existence" and "to be able, good at" correlate also what's a potential form? I'm a beginner who's just going through Anki and Tae Kim's grammar guide.

They sorta correlate. It's like how english says "It got eaten" even though "it" is clearly not taking ownership of an object of the adjective "eaten".

>what's a potential form?
"can jump"

>saying anything negative about other countries or cultures is now racist

If something is racist, it follows a race, not a culture.

>religion

Not a race.

>regional politics

Not a race.

>country

Not a race.

>white
>black
>oriental
>Indian
>etc.

Only a question of race if it's referring specifically to their genetic makeup and not a culture.

Good job letting the Cultural Marxists influence your speech and thought process in such a manner that frank, open discussion about social issues is impossible. This is why political correctness must die for the good of the west.

Ah I see thank you.
Mind if I ask some other potentially stupid questions the guide raised?

congrats this post proved why Sup Forums is a bad board for language learning

Literally what are you accomplishing ?

Sup Forums's current board culture is pretty terrible for actual language learning discussion yeah, even if it was originally MEANT to be a place for it.

We might have to bring that old copypasta back from when we were being flooded.

copypasta won't fix anything, only the mods can fix board culture in a desirable way

>tfw このスレに同じ国の人がいない

>only mods can fix board culture in a desirable way
mods can only destroy board culture. never fix it

yes, that's what I mean

Literally nobody gives a shit unless you're going out of your way to shitpost. Just post questions / discussion as per normal.

>a fucking leaf

This thread is not friendly?
D-did I just successfully translate something?

"there are no people of the same country in this thread" I think

Damn, Jisho didn't seem to recognize some of those words either.
Well I know there's at least two leafs in here including I

You need to do your reps, those are all really basic words. I've only been doing this for 2 months.

このスレに - (In) this thread
同じ国の人 - people of same country
がいない - (are the ones that) don't exist.

Does that help it make more sense? Study some grammar if not.

guidetojapanese.org/learn/grammar/particlesintro
guidetojapanese.org/learn/grammar/verbparticles
guidetojapanese.org/learn/grammar/nounparticles
guidetojapanese.org/learn/grammar/negativeverbs