youtube.com/watch?v=ROiRnZd0o5A
bogowiepolscy.net/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarmatism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Horse,_the_Wheel_and_Language
archive.org/details/horsewheelandlanguage
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Those Celtic bits
JUST

Svarog gave us power. Perun took the sacrifices. Radhost killed our enemies.

superior technology and culture.

Chariots are pretty good. Especially if your opponent's strategy involves going into battle on foot and getting trampled.

The Gods willed it.

Finno-Ugric genocide when?

What about Svetovid Sup Forumsro?

Meme god of polabians

you should start this thread in /his/ and youll get sensible, detailed answers.

the weather got colder
They were mostly animal herders and were less affected by it than the crop growing populations which meant their lifestyle and language alongside it was in high demand

Mars fought with them.

There is nothing wrong with the blue pill.
youtu.be/n7ndRwqJYDM

>Meme god of polabians

>Last slavic temple was Destroyed in 1168 in Rugen
>temple was dedicated to Svetovid
>It was destroyed on June 28
>This day is celebrated by the Serbian church, as "Vidovdan" day of Saint Vid

>Serbs most based Slavs

youtube.com/watch?v=ROiRnZd0o5A

Are they,dare i say it, the true master race?

WINETA NEVER FORGET

ARKONA WE WILL AVENGE

Yes our revenge on the german swine will be priceless! Bwhahahaha

we helped the germans though

kek

kek

by being the muslims of the ancient times

kek kek

wait how

>muh special snowflake iberian languages

By killing polabians and burning their temples.

Who are the polabians?

Someone you'll have no chances of meeting irl because they got genocided and mixed into your society to the point where you're 30% slavs.

:(

You would have done the same

>Someone you'll have no chances of meeting irl because they got genocided and mixed into your society to the point where you're 30% slavs.

Except for the Sorbs ;)

>Britanny
Nobody use the Celtic language there, but their land is marked as Celtic
>Ireland
Celtic is the official language and is widely spoken there, but their land is not marked as Celtic.
We're better at Cultural Genocide than the Anglos, too bad that this map is biased.

What powers do ypur gods have?

perun is the god of powerful farts.

Tell me more

Only in the east some villages speak Irish in their daily life.
That little that everyone learns in school is really not a big deal.

They didn't have real competition, only shitter opponents.
And no. Finno-Ugrics don't predate Indo-Europeans almost anywhere. Finno-Ugric expansion happened over Indo-European clay.

when my ukrainian grandfather saw another old man walking down the street hed say "look at this stari perun" which apparently meant "old farter" lel

bogowiepolscy.net/

click on the images, most got english descriptions

Kek'd, it's "perdun" with a 'd' meaning farter, it has nothing to do with Perun

What's about the home of Perun called Peru?

he liked to make plays on words. i think thats what he was doing. unless i made a mistake. i never learned any ukrainian or russian.

fixed

That's not very nice

You have that many germanics?

Why don't european and Indian get along together since they're quite similar?

>Indo-European = Indian-European
wew

Horses. Literally horses. Nothing more, nothing less. Indoeuropeans that don't love their horses and don't have long cavalry tradition are denying one of the greates achivments of our race.

Indo-Iranians have satem languages when West Europe have centum ones. Slavs are satem to but you know there are shittone of Turks along the way.
But what's is interesting Poles have long and good relationship with Persians. We was this >.< close to make allence with them. After 1683 Suleiman I even said that he would imidetlly convert to Catholicism if he will hear about Poles in Constantinople.

>But what's is interesting Poles have long and good relationship with Persians

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarmatism

>At its core was the unifying belief that the people of the Polish Commonwealth descended from the ancient Iranic Sarmatians, the legendary invaders of Slavic lands in antiquity

Apparently this was a thing in the 1600s.

yes
t. Franz Fuchs

So that's where those Witcher runes got their names

I never played witcher is it good?

Best

Why is it so expensive?

don't bully the sorbs

SOON

NON INDO-EUROPEANS GET OUT

How comes you didn't know that?

several hundred years ago

true

looks so amerindian

>Mfw you speak the language of people barely related to you and your ancestors were cucked out their own language

I don't know that feeling :)

Why the fuck would I know anything about Slavic mythology?

Indo-fagropeans?
Well, that's a language family that contains gypsy language, so it helped them spread like a flu on december.

SLAV GENOCIDE WHEN

>Apparently this was a thing in the 1600s.
doing WE WUZ before it was cool

I'm not sure, but I think the Indoeuropean tribes were the first to invent the wheel and tame horses. This is kinda evident by the vocabulary they used for both:

Wheel - kwekwelos, from the onomatopoeia "kwe, kwe, kwe..." + noun suffix
Horse - heḱwos, from "heḱu" [fast, adjective] + suffix.

It might look a stupid way to name things, but they did similarly with "xdents" ["teeth" aka "the biting one"], and Latin still used the same process with tectum (roof - the covering one).

For comparison on a borrowed word:
Bull - tawros. You can't track the meaning, but you can track a very similar word in proto-Semitic, tawr.

If this is true: conquest through superior tech.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Horse,_the_Wheel_and_Language

archive.org/details/horsewheelandlanguage

Good read pals

is this just another "guns,germs & steel" -tier memebook

>superior tech

Such as?

I thought only croats went WE WUZ IRANIANS

>Indo-fagropeans
>fag
Nah. You Turkic guys only borrowed from them the horsing thing, and even then it took you some six millennia or so to learn it. Your buttsecks habits and customs were borrowed from somewhere else, maybe the Semites.

Wheeled vehicles and horse taming. [I'm calling taming a "tech" on a loose meaning.]

Interesting, I'm checking this book now.

>david anthony
kek

>Wheeled vehicles

Sigh, wheeled vehicles weren't created by Indoeuropeans but by Sumerians first, and Neolithic Europeans already knew of the wheel long before Indoeuropean speaking people started migrating west

This doesn't fit with PIE having a native word for the wheel; also, even the most conservative hypotheses claim the Indo-Europeans begun spreading as back as Sumerian times (~3500 BCE), but some claim they date from as back as 7500 BCE.

Of course, this is just some backyard conjecture from my part. There are also some alternative explanations I'm not considering, such as them borrowing the concept but not the word, or parallel development.

t. Alberto Fagrossa.

Hah. You just got called a Slav by a Russian.

It's what material culture tells us, Neolithic Europeans used the wheel and so did Sumerians and Harappians for instance, the fact that the word for the wheel has Indoeuropean roots in European languages might have something tod o with the fact that they're INDOEUROPEAN languages and that no one speaks Sumerians or whatever the fuck Neolithic Europeans and Minoans spoke

it aged terribly

>It's what material culture tells us, Neolithic Europeans used the wheel and so did Sumerians and Harappians for instance
I'll look more on the material cultures on the material cultures from Europe, N. Africa and Middle East.

>the fact that the word for the wheel has Indoeuropean roots in European languages might have something tod o with the fact that they're INDOEUROPEAN languages
You're missing the point.

It's not about IE languages sharing a PIE root, but this root being originated _in_ Proto-Indo-European, _from an onomatopoeia_. Had they learned about the wheel with another people, they wouldn't coin their own word for "the kwe, kwe thing" (*kwekwelos) - they'd instead borrow it, like they did with *tawros.

>and that no one speaks Sumerians or whatever the fuck Neolithic Europeans and Minoans spoke
Well, we don't speak Etruscan either, and yet plenty Etruscan roots survived from borrowings.

Is there any other evidence it's an onomatopoeia?

The fact that they came up with the idea of wheels on their own doesn't mean Sumerians and others didn't, I've never said they borrowed it from other cultures

Well, besides the way it sounds, there's weak evidence from Tibetan and Cantonese words for "wheel" (khor lo and gū lūk respectively). Those two are clearly related to each other, the common ancestor would be something like /kur luk/, that also sounds like an onomatopeia and hints the association between the sound and the thing is common.

I'm not implying Sumerians didn't it, though. In fact, I even mentioned it might be parallel development.

I think the native pre-IE Europeans weren't aware of the wheel, but in this case I have absolutely zero data or argumentation to back it up, and you already mentioned the material cultures... so I'll look for the info before stating anything more in this regard.

Non meme answer: horses.

ancient indo-european kings and queens even ritually copulated with horses

>tfw the indo-europeans in anatolia and central asia/western china got wiped out by fucking t*rks

Indo-european bible - Rig Veda

KHAN'D

the likely oldest wheels in Europe I know of are from Cucuteni-Tripolye. for all I know, the steppe could have learnt of the wheel from there

I don't think we can credit anything original to the steppe so far, with the exception of horse domestication

>I think the native pre-IE Europeans weren't aware of the wheel, but in this case I have absolutely zero data or argumentation to back it up

Neolithic peoples in Europe were well aware of the wheel such as the Vinca and Cucuteni cultures in the Balkans

The ones from Central Asia may be older I think and Sumerian ones are even older, but it's likely they all developed the wheel indipendendtly, when PIE migrated West indeed Neolithic farmers already had developed the wheel

>ROMED.com

Where was the Indo-European homeland?

derete this

likely the Pontic-Caspian steppe

Akhtually, it's more than likely finnish languages were predated by several, now long extinct neolithic languages. Proto finnish, estonian etc. outpaced those languahes by being lingua franca and only remnants of those languages now are some names of places.

Those pre-Finnic inhabitants of Finland were I1 huntergatherers whom most Finns do not descend from, so what I said is still valid.

>PIEniggers were the mongols all along

>likely the Pontic-Caspian steppe
so slavs are the closest to original Indo-europeans