PAELLA

>mfw my spanish great-grandma made a paella for our family
>it's fucking delicious
Why are Meds so superior?

overrated imo

only when it comes to food

they used to rule the world, now they rule the kitchen

who the fuck serves shrimps unpeeled in their shell? they expect me to put my hands in their after it's cooked? might as well eat from the floor then

KEK

I feel you. I hate this too. In Italy I REEEE'd very hard when I saw the shrimps unpeeled.

you guys dont deserve a paella tb h

It's a nightmare. I have to open the thing and use the knife to get the shitsack out. Why not just cook it unpeeled? Why is that so difficult?

no idea admittedly but one thing is for sure, you'll never get a true paella with peeled shrimps.

they only serve them like that at spanish regions other than valencia that make shitty paella. never the true one.

maybe it preserves the flavor better or something i guess

For flavour you fucking catamite, you brown them and then boil them in the "fondo" with the rice. Also you can peel them with the hands and slurp the juices of the shrimp head, than are fucking delicious.

Whoever cooked that should be skinned alive and drowned in salty lemon juice.

This.

We also eat it here (as rice a valenciana), and it's just okay.

I'm sure you guys have better stuff.

I don't think rice a valenciana has anything to do with the real paella besides using rice.

>The dish consists of one pound of glutinous rice or regular rice, chicken, chorizo, two ounces of butter, one onion, one red bell pepper, two tomatoes, a can of tomato paste, and salt and pepper to taste. It is usually prepared with beer, along with white wine.

well...

WTF, they don't use saffron? That's just Mexican rice with some meat thrown in

huh. I always thought it was the same thing.

disregard me.

That's the recipe for arroz a la valenciana. Nothing to do with the paella.

>la auténtica paella valenciana: Garrofón -alubia blanca grande-, tomate, judía ferradura -judía verde plana-, pollo, conejo, sal, aceite O.V.E, arroz, agua y azafrán.

Even some cooks claim that the hard water from Valencia makes it unique. There is a restaurant in Asturias iirc that brings water from Valencia to prepare the paella.

Looks like the rubbish bin out the back of a seafood restaurant.

Chorizo in a paella? Ew.

your whole post is about you liking paella. how very interesting.

That's not a proper paella. The proper one doesn't have seafood but chicken and rabbit.