How rigged is the NBA?

How rigged is the NBA?

The Sixers pick was rigged, and we already knew that for a while since Hinkie/7KT told us.

As far as GSW/OKC, it's rigged in the sense that the NBA desperately wants Curry to take over the mantle from LeBron, and the only way he does that is if he beats him in the Finals

Westbrook knew about the fix, wasn't happy about it, but he also wants to get paid

fuck the NBA

The sixers pick being rigged seems fair honestly
But seriously? Taking away the only chances that Cleveland has to getting a championship just isn't fair

I'm always skeptical about the NBA, but the refs called a fair game in Game 6, it was OKC's fault for blowing the lead. The NBA does rig through the draft.

Please elaborate as to why the draft is rigged

The worst teams always get the first pick
In a luck based lottery

It's rigged, but that doesn't mean the league won't allow the Warriors to lose. OKC just choked.

Although, if I were in the NBA, and a league representative came up to me privately and told me "You will still be punished in the course of the game, but the league will do everything in its power to keep you on the court" then I would never allow my team to lose a series to anyone.

[spoiler]((([/spoiler]Enough with the ridiculous accusations. Honestly, rigfags should get permabanned on sight.[spoiler])))[/spoiler]

that's how it's supposed to work. that's not what "rigged" means

Damn it, didn't work.

[spoiler]SHUT IT DOWN![/spoiler]

It's a luck based draft not a loser goes first

Hasn't it been like the last 3 out of 5 number 1 picks went to philly?

>he doesn't subscribe to Hinkie's lore scrolls

The lottery is weighted so that worse teams have a greater chance at getting a high pick.

The worst team rarely gets the first pick

The draft is literally obviously rigged, if it wasn't clear with the frozen envelope bullshit.

Questionable ref calls always exist in any and all of sports. OKC losing isn't a surprise. They got more calls and free throws overall

It's in between, dummy.

I think the worst team has 25% chance of getting 1st pick.

Very.
Draft in Chicago, with a Chicago born player for 1st, who get the pick? Chicago. They got Derrick Rose. It's always been like this.

Very

But it has to be, otherwise we'd get a repeat of the Spurs/Pistons debacle.

If the NBA wasn't rigged, the association would be slumming it in the irrelevant pits with the NHL and MLS.

If it is rigged, why the FUCK do you let Mutombo in on it?

This is literally the only team in a long time that had the worst record get the worst pick.

Fuck off, tourist.

Rigged as fuck, Cavs in 6

>not having based Mutombo in your crew

Draft lottery is rigged, wouldn't be shocked if games are steered

At this point you either have to be a shill or have your head under a rock to not acknowledge the NBA is rigged as fuck.

Literally EVERY year something shady as fuck happens, if it's not basketball reasons, it's the refs suddenly becoming blind on one side of the court during the playoffs.

That's not even counting the most blatant example of NBA rigging: the Draft.

If it's rigged, WHY did Cleveland get all those #1 picks? WHY support such a middling market?

Basically this

No, their #1 this year is the Sixers' first since 1996 when they got Iverson

Because it was all set up for LeBron's return, forming a new big three.

Because without those #1 picks, LeBron wouldn't have left Miami. He wouldn't have come back to the 2000's-esque Cavs.

If the NBA was truly rigged, the Knicks would be A LOT better.

The NYC based media buzzes about the NBA much, much more when the Knicks are competitive.

It's not possible to fix it for the Knicks right now. Get real.

They have to get much better.

Surely there was more money for a LeBron in Miami than going black though, the markets shouldn't even come close

LeBron the hero bringing Cleveland its 1st championship in many decades is worth way more than LeBron as a villain.

They leaked the script the other night

they don't rig it as much as people think. they like to extend series (2002 WCF is classic, people think because of game 6 they wanted the Lakers to win the series but really all they wanted was a game 7, Sacramento airballed multiple game-winners in game 7 and they had their help from the refs here and there), sexier matchups (2001 ECF Ray Allen vs the Lakers or Allen Iverson vs the Lakers), and they like to prop up teams for reasons beyond market size. San Antonio's the classic example. Stern loved their international flavor and how popular they were overseas, hence why they rigged the 07 WCSF even though the Spurs were ratings death in the finals.

>Cleveland got lebron
>Chicago got derrick rose.
>Cleveland got 3 number 1 draft picks in a row when lebron left.
>NBA-owned hornets gets number 1 pick right before team gets sold. They got Anthony Davis from that draft.
There was no way that LeBron would've played in Memphis over Cleveland.