FIFA to start testing Video Assistant Referees (VARs)

>“Competitions in Australia, Brazil, Germany, Portugal, the Netherlands and the United States are the first to agree to the requirements drawn up by The IFAB [International Football Association Board] and FIFA to participate in experiments with video assistant referees (VARs),” FIFA announced through a statement on their website on Thursday.

>FIFA say the initial experiment will be a dry run, where VARs will “familiarize themselves with the setup, assess video replays and practice making calls on clear match-changing incidents but without communicating with the referee.” This means the games will not be directly impacted at this stage.

>The competitions that will be involved, starting at the beginning of next year, include Australia's A-League, the Bundesliga, the league and cups in Portugal and Major League Soccer in the United States. Unspecified competitions in Brazil and the Netherlands will also participate under the umbrella of their respective football federations.

theifab.com/#!/news/first-participants-of-video-assistant-referee-experiments-announced

It's not for offside?

diving should be top priority

will ruin the game with pausing and stuff, game 1 of the NBA Finals was paused for 5 minutes to watch if some Australian player grabbed the black guy's dick.

I'm in favour of technology if its automatic like the goal-line one, where if the ball passes the line the ref's watch beeps. Offside is also something that could be determined by a top-down camera (the regular TV camera angle is shit for that), someone needs to get on it.

no idea
b-but
>muh passion
>muh killing the beautiful game

Literally suspend people after the fact for obvious diving and it's fixed. Southern european "men" will complain but who cares?

About fucking time. There is no good reason to be against this, the "errors are part of the game" can go fuck themselves.

>mfw yuropoors thought their sport was safe from out new grubbing capitalistic market schemes

These replays will be brought to you by Mastercard and McDonalds. Not long now until there are FIFA mandated water breaks to prevent dehydration, sponsored by Aquafina.

Of course brazil is against it
Fucking refball every game

>suspend people after the fact
>I'll dive in the Champions League final you get a penalty, what are they going to do suspend me for next year

You're an idiot

so is the clock still running during these reviews?

I've never been a thigh man, but damn those are some perfect legs

dortmund needed this in championsleague final, dfb final 2014 and dfb final 2016.

So you'd only be able to dive in one game?
>what are they going to do suspend me for next year
Yes?

>dem thighs

name?

yes, the natural tempo and stops of play should allow for everything to be done live

Nice. It's a necessary evil

yes, i don't understand why they not get punished after everyone saw it in the fucking tv.
they tell you about respect and everything but latinos are the worst at diving and acting, but nobody of them gets punished.

>what are they going to do suspend me for next year
suspensions carry to the next season, so yes

You missed the point Paco, the player would take a trophy over a match ban for the next season, anyone would

The point is that he already won the CL with the foul, damage is done.

>it's not a perfect solution for everything
>therefore it shouldn't be done
Great attitude

>will ruin the game with pausing and stuff
no it won't you little cunt

half of the game is stoppage already, so it'll just blend in with the current rhythm.

I don't disagree with you, it just seemed to me you (intentionally?) misunderstood the point.

As if paying one more ref would phase Buyern.

As someone who's watched their local sport go through a ton of video ref bullshit this will only be terrible.

who says they won't be reviewing live? plenty of time to check 3 different views of a 1 second penalty replay. That's the point of this whole thing, doing it live

Welp, Madrid is fucked. Luckily images being modified during years it's something unfeasible

>half of the game is stoppage already
exactly, they play around 50 minutes every game

Should have had this ages ago
Halal's offside goal made me rage

my dick

ask dortmund supporters how they feel about the buyern "luck" in 3 finals against them.

you're definitely underage.

at the WC you had much luck with refs and then 7-1 happened, no other country deserved it that much.

Seriously just skip step 3 altogether.

Kind of how they do in the NHL (or how they used to if the rules changed AGAIN)

Have the VAR's take a look at the play while the action on the field continues and then on the next pause of the game (out of bounds ball, play stopped, etc) have the referee announce the decision reached by the VAR's.

That way you don't deal with all that pausing bullshit in between.

Or at least some iteration of this way.

That CL was also ridiculous

Just like last year in the DFB semis right? The only reason they advanced to the finals, was that 2 obvious penalties and a red card weren't given.

she could flag me offside
she could spot my off the ball incident
i would like to have sex with her

what did he mean by this

learn to reverse image, you dumb brittard

>video reviews
>lineswomen with thick thighs

Divegrass status: fixed

Brazil won 5 World Cups fair and square, we never needed refs for any of them.