Is there any point in watching basketball for the first 90% of the game...

is there any point in watching basketball for the first 90% of the game? it's all just meaningless back and forth scoring

>is there any point in watching basketball?
Ftfy, and the answer is no.

Euro basketball i smore entertaining because they dont have constant commercials like our shit here.can't wait til cable tv to die so streaming takes over all sports. commercials wont be needed because it will be based on subscriptions.

>he thinks commercials will die out in his life time

There is not
The same goes for Motorsports, especially Formula 1

sure there could be fewer breaks, but come on. Even without ads basketball has a ton of dead time

It's the other way around with F1, the first lap/corner is the most important.

That's not true since F1 has excitement at random intervals, you make generalisations like "only the end matters" or "only the start matters
Some races are decided at the start, others at the end or inbetween or in various combinations of those things.

They'll just be more subtle, subconscious

Just watch the 4th quarter. If one of the team is already winning by more than 20 points, you can ignore the game entirely.

When people say shit like this it makes me think they don't actually enjoy watching sports

I watch the games because I like basketball, if you don't and only want to watch the end, go ahead, I don't give a shit

this

>4th quarter starts
>99-58
>starters aren't even playing

no sense in watching

>4th quarter starts
>99-97
>"great, I didn't miss a thing"

Why don't they just play 7 games and sum the scores of each game to determine the winner?

That means you just don't enjoy the sport and the strategies behind it. Why even bother watching basketball if you don't like the sport?

>NBA
>strategies

kek

During later round playoff games there's a lot of shitposting in the threads.

But otherwise no.

Can't the same be said for all American sports? Gosh they are so shit. I wish this country is more into football instead. And I'm not talking about faggots in pads """"foot"""ball.

CHI

Sup?

Not that senpai. Parents from Taiwan. I just prefer a sport with actual strategy. I expect retard fedoraposters as it should be since it is beta Sup Forums culture.

>i prefer a sport with actual strategy
>hates on football

oh how can i forget that beautiful strategy of diving in soccer.

>strategy in jogging field
yeah, its very important to know when to fake an injury.

>says there is no strategy in Ice hockey, Baseball, lacrosse etc etc
mmm ok

>throwing to the guy 4 inches taller than the defender is strategy
>pounding the ball inside then throwing it outside is strategy
>faking a hand off then tossing it 2 yards to the guy is strategy

football is for illiterate retards and requires no skill besides athleticism. It's the only sport where you can switch positions from one year to the next and succeed or be a 300 lb landwhale with no skill set but to shove a guy and be considered an 'athlete'

this desu

Hurr, what are matchups, screens, and variations on offense/defense