Eternal Arsenal Thread

Arsenal have triggered Jamie Vardy release clause & in talks with Leicester to sign the striker.

twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/738810973935505408

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/sport/football/premier-league/top-scorers
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Third for vardy

WENGER OUT

WENGER OUT

WENGER OUT

WENGER OUT

WENGER OUT

WENGER OUT

WENGER OUT

WENGER IN

STURRIDGE WHEN

Buzzing for the games where teams sit deep and Vardy can't just make a run in behind on the counter like he did at Leicester
WENGER OUT

why the fuck

Why did that paki in the last thread keep calling Higuain a 'Serie A- Giroud'?

Higuain broke a goal scoring record that has lasted over 5 decades.
Giroud has...that epic snap-chat with Ozil? Along with that super cheeky back heel?
No-wonder everyone makes fun of us...

Would Vardy really want to take a step down from the champions to play for Arsenal? I guess he is getting on a bit.

FUCK OFF WENGER, JUST FUCK OFF

>linked with Morata, a guy who has never scored more than 8 goals in a top division and scored league 7 goals in 30-odd appearances last season
YES LADS WE'RE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE WHAT A WORLD CLASS (and by world class i mean well known name) PLAYER

>linked with Higuain, a player who has been okay for most of his career as a Madrid benchwarmer, has been decent at Napoli but only really been great this past season, but this has been against awful Serie A defences
YES LADS WE'RE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE WHAT A WORLD CLASS (and by world class i mean well known name) PLAYER

>linked with Vardy, a player who has just torn up the league and scored for fun, and fits our criteria of being a pacy, relatively skilled player with a good finish and great goalscoring record
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO HE'S TERRIBLE

He'd be worse than Giroud. I guarantee it.

Giroud was also the top scorer of a meme team champion, mind you.

[THIS POST IS UNAVAILABLE IN YOUR REGION DUE TO SPEECH RESTRICTIONS UNDER THE EUROPEAN MINISTRY OF TOLERANCE AND CENSORSHIP]

>Fifa kiddie doesn't understand teams play different systems

delete this

D A M A G E
A
M
A
G
E
C O N T R O L
O
N
T
R
O
L

I don't get it why you guys are hating the idea of Vardy, he's cheap, he's prolific, and he fits our system. He'd be a great addition. Morata wouldn't be loyal, too exepensive, and not prolific at fucking all.

>not owning both systems

I'm black actually. Not a paki.

The Serie A was a good league once upon a time but it's shite now. You just have to be a decent striker to grab those numbers in that league. Giroud has 20 something goals last season and he's wank. He could grab a few more against shit defences. Yeah he's better than Giroud but he's not a considerable upgrade for the money we'd have to pay for him. And he's a similar type of player to Giroud, which I think everyone agrees is not the type of striker we need.

daily reminder that higuain is a slightly better soldado

Vardy can outpace then fake shot/finesse it into an open net
No need to worry la'

>and he fits our system
He LITERALLY fits the opposite system of what Arsenal usually play

Yes lad because Napoli are known for their beautiful awe-inspiring tiki-taka football.

because he only had one good season and it came for a team that completely bypasses its midfield

>and he fits our system
stinky meme

Italy is the most difficult place in the world for strikers to score. That's why the record's stood for so long.

>20+m for a 30 year old 1 season wonder who will lose his pace in 2 years

>cheap

its throwing our future away

Who does fit into our system? Genuinely curious.

There aren't that many realistic options who play the style of football we try to play.

We're signing a goalscorer though.

>he's prolific
one season, which included a Giroud-esque goal drought
>fits our system
nope

yet another gem from romanian "iwobi is ozil" gunner

20m is pennies nowadays mate. Won't make a dent.

4 years waiting for a striker and we're signing Vardy. VARDY.

>And he's a similar type of player to Giroud,
That's just utterly wrong. The Higuain of now will take a chance, Giroud will look for the cute lay-off or back heel.
Why the fuck do you keep comparing the highest goal scorer in Italian history to a stupid lay-off monkey?
Nah m8 it's supper easy. That's why the Bara-chased Dylaba (Playing for the champions) didn't even come close :)

yes it will, and it means we aren't signing another striker.

I think the most depressing part of this all is our entire scouting network can't think of a better striking option than jamie fucking vardy. then again, why is this surprising when the last two strikers we have signed are chamakh and giroud?

Whether you believe it or not, Arsenal have been most dangerous while on the counter this season, so yes, he fits that system the same way Ian Wright did. The possesion system hasn't been working for a couple of seasons now.

zlatan on a free would have worked

like a better jiroo for nothing

Haha yeah right man, I doubt we'd sign him. I'm guessing he'll retire there. Good points though

>The last Leicester City striker to join Arsenal went on to become their top scorer for four consecutive seasons - Alan Smith.

funny since that's who giroud always gets compared to

I think the main reason we signed Giroud was because he fit perfectly into our style of play.

The first thing you think of when you think "Arsenal" is big strong header target man in the box. It's how we've always played.

Watching Montpelier with their incredible tiki-taka football really convinced me that Giroud was the right choice.

Literally Giroud.
But if it was someone else it'd have to be a more complete striker like Suarez, or someone like Sturridge who can create something out of nothing with the ball at his feet.

Should have just got Zlatan on a free

if we splash 22m on him we can expect to see him lead the arsenal attack for at least the next 3 years to come

this is going to make me physically sick if i have to turn on skysports for the next 3 years having to see xhaka and ozil assist vardy of all people.

do you even know wongas spending habits

>a real live nigger on Sup Forums

forget that redwood meme. give me proof you're a spade.

If Ornstein the Jew is reporting it then it's literally happening.

Reminder that clubs will be be getting £100m+/yr from UK Premier League TV money alone. £20m is not what it used to be

Arsenal averaged the most possession in the league last season.

Leicester averaged the 3rd least.

>£20m

We'll be fine.

It was always funny looking at Chelsea fans twist while trying to excuse racist remarks from Terry , I never thought we'd have to do it too

>the same way Ian Wright did
That was fucking years ago you retard.

And also you're generalizing what I said, I never said Iwobi is Ozil, I only said that his passes have the same accuracy and weight as Ozil. But hey you know jack shit about football anyway so why am I even bothering talking to you again, I bet you're the brit that said Aurier is better than fucking Bellerin.

We don't play Tiki-taka you clueless mong. Just sit and a corner and listen to the clever people talk.

Vardy is clearly an upgrade on Walcott, who got plenty of game time and chances last season.

Yes lad because Napoli are known for their beautiful awe-inspiring possession based football.

At least Terry's aren't even true since he called him a deaf cunt and Anton just misheard.

If he comes I'll think he's a scumbag and exactly the kind of player we've booed ferociously (Nasri, Cashley, Adebawhore)

>I never said Iwobi is Ozil, I only said that his passes have the same accuracy and weight as Ozil
>his passes have the same accuracy and weight as Ozil

is everyone seeing this? please tell me you are

CHAT SHIT GET BANGED

The system doesn't fit Giroud it's built around that talent-less cunt. Imagine a striker TALENTED at things, not just 'okay' at fucking everything? What a time that would be.

Utter moron

1) it means we aren't signing another striker
2) what does it say about our scouting network that the best we can do is jamie fucking vardy

And again, you're taking it out of context, you still know jack shit about football though.

lel proving my comment

>I only said that his passes have the same accuracy and weight as Ozil
What the fuck am I reading?

We don't play that either you clueless nigger. Go and look how inferior you are to us in a mirror and fuck off.

bbc.com/sport/football/premier-league/top-scorers

And that's going up massively next year.

And that excludes Champions League (and smaller amounts for The FA Cup and shit).

Part of being a logical person is trying to understand the opposite view even if you don't agree with them. Vardy is:

29 years old.
One good season at the top level.
Heavily relies on counter-attacking football.
Has less goals per game as Giroud if you don't take into account penalties.
Will stop us from buying a younger striker that could potentially fit our system better
Is a cunt.

>talk shit about him for months
>be excited about signing him

i feel disgusted with myself

Is Jamie Vardy the new Ian Wright?

Can Jamie look good in hipster glasses and a beret?

Ah yes, very impressive. We've always made use of our huge cut and highest season tickets in the past. Yes indeed :).

CHAT SHIT GET BANGED

>The system doesn't fit Giroud it's built around that talent-less cunt
That's why Giroud's the only one that fits it. I wasn't praising Giroud, it's just it seems that's the only way we can play now.

post yfw we still get knocked out in ro16 and lester go on to the quarters

Giroud had a better goalscoring rate than him last season if you exclude penalties. 0.56 goals per 90 minutes vs 0.54.

Giroud, again excluding penalties: 15 goals from 100 shots. 15%.

Vardy: 19 goals from 110 shots. 17%.

Not much of a difference, and a difference that small could be entirely down to luck. A keeper playing a blinder and keeping Giroud from scoring once and a keeper fucking up and giving Vardy a freebie once is enough to cover the entire difference.

>some random clumsy pace babby has the finesse of Ozil
'no'

Arsene is only going to get Vardy if the Morata deal doesn't work out

on the plus side at least pakis will be less likely to support us in the future

>people actually defending this

Enjoy the fourth place lads

Yes

How is it not obvious that Ranieri's system brought about the only good season Vardy's ever had?

People are just excited because it's a new name. I trust in Arsene more than most, but this move is just something I cannot get behind.

He only had two seasons at this level, he was poor in his first Which I think only furthers along my point as Ranieri was brought in for his second season.

i didn't take anything out of context there
you really are stupid aren't you? maybe you need to practice english more

Non penalty goals per 90 in the EPL this season

Giroud - 0,56
Vardy - 0,55

Remember Alves said Barca were happy to get Arsenal? That's kind of indicative of what teams think of Arsenal in the CL. Leicester are wild cards, could see them going far

Lets do something crazy.

Lets look at clubs not happy with just turning a profit every year, ones that win things.

Their system isn't built around their cheap striker, they have a top fucking man to finish things when it matters.

except Vardy scored in big games when it mattered instead of stat padding against Palace and Watford

Read my post again

If this turns out to be true, I feel like it may be a pretty strong indication that Wenger plans to retire at the end of next season. Arsene has said before that he knew the second Sir Alex Ferguson came in for RVP, he knew it was his last year - going in for Vardy feels like the same sort of 'all in' move that RVP was for Fergie.

>Arsenal will be stuck with Morata or Jamie "fluke" Vardy

>29 years old.
So was RVP when he joined United
>One good season at the top level
He was good last season too. Think we were linked with him last summer. People wanted him.
>Heavily relies on counter-attacking football
This is true but at the same time he's a pacey player with a bit of skill and a brilliant finish in a vein of confidence that has lasted over a year
>Has less goals per game as Giroud if you don't take into account penalties
Didn't know this.
>Will stop us from buying a younger striker that could potentially fit our system better?
Well we shouldn't be trying to sign prospects right now, we need to be signing proven first team players. Plus, who else is there? Morata with his godawful goal record? I don't think so.
>Is a cunt
We've been begging for a cunt for years now.

If he's there for 10-15m or so then fuck it why not

haha holy shit its actually true

My English is just fine lad, maybe you should practice thinking more cause it's obvious you're as dumb as it gets

ok this is finally tipping me into WOB

all i had left was trust in wengers youth policy and building for the long term and now hes FUCKING LOST IT AND GONE FULL RETARD

No it doesn't. An "all in" move would be spending our 200m cash reserves and going after the very best, not signing a 29 year old pace/system babby who will most likely flop next year. it's nothing like that

Morata has a lot more experience playing his back behind the goal than Jamie 'Fifa chip through balls' Vardy. The choice is obvious.

>you're as dumb as it gets
>>I never said Iwobi is Ozil, I only said that his passes have the same accuracy and weight as Ozil

is this some advanced form of trolling?

RVP got 30 goals and had the ability to play as a number 10 if he needed to

Vardy got 24 goals and is literally just a pacebabby

The Romanian is talking shit but Iwobi isn't even that fast. The fuck are you on about?

>yfw Vardy rejects us and >we are a laughing stock before the window even opens properly

Are people seriously comparing 2012 RVP to current Vardy?

Seriously?

noo, noooo, please god no, please just let this be done to try to get some leverage in the Morata deal or something like that

RIP our asian support