/180/: BETWAY WORLD CUP OF DARTS DAY 3

The World Cup of Darts holds the last 16 today with a change in format from the previous two days. The format is now altered to first to two wins, with a pair of best-of-seven leg singles matches, and a best-of-seven leg doubles decider if required.

With no surprises for the seeded nations in Round 1, it's the four lesser seeds who play in the afternoon. The Huybrechts brothers of Belgium, the best performing winners from day 1, take on Hungary; this should be an easy victory for Waffleboy and his wife's dad. An historic encounter follows with the first ever meeting of both Irelands: the Republic only just edged past Hong Kong yesterday while Norn Iron had a much easier ride against Japan. Rumours that the IRA will be in attendance are unfounded. Two former BDO champions clash in the third game of the day with Mark Webster's Wales up against John Part's Canada, who recorded their first World Cup win since 2013 with victory over Greece. Gerwyn Price produced a great performance on debut and if he repeats that, it should see the number 5 seeds through. "Austria" close the afternoon against the dangerous Singapore, who will undoubtedly have yet another reference to Paul Lim's 9 darter.

The evening session sees Scotland, who were scared by New Zealand and the amazing performance of debutant Cody Harris, face "Norway", who had Dutch-born Cor Dekker also producing some good darts on debut. A more resilient Australia pairing than in previous years (I wonder why...) take on Denmark; even with Simon Whitlock's choking tendencies, they should see off the Danes. Team England (read: Stoke) then play China in a match filled with casual racism, sloppy darts from everyone involved and an inevitable ENGERLUND win. The Netherlands close out the day's action against the Philippines, and with no Alkesandr Oreshkin to slow everything down, it should be a fairly simple victory for the Oranje.

Coverage starts from 1:00pm UK time on Sky Sports 1.

Other urls found in this thread:

pdc.tv/news/article/1bfpme0b763nm1pl5m4bgj70ms/title/betway-world-cup-of-darts-day-two
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Afternoon Session (round 2, 1:00pm UK time start)
Belgium (7) v Hungary
Northern Ireland (4) v Republic of Ireland
Wales (5) v Canada
Austria (8) v Singapore

>Evening Session (round 2, 7:00pm UK time start)
Scotland (2) v Norway
Australia (6) v Denmark
England (1) v China
Netherlands (3) v Philippines

>Day two roundup
pdc.tv/news/article/1bfpme0b763nm1pl5m4bgj70ms/title/betway-world-cup-of-darts-day-two

>tfw going to miss Straya choking to death and TAYLORWINSLOL because I'll be out playing darts for a pub league

Yeah, I can live with that.

Got a feeling this day is going to be a straight sweep of seeds.

OP's picture reminded me of pic related.

Yeah, evening shouldn't have any close matches except for Straya.

BIG MENS vs Paul "The Actual History Maker" Lim, what a tie.

can see austria-singapore go to a decider if RJR goes to bits again

why are we so shit at darts lads

It's reasonably popular here

The English keeping the Irish down as usual.

and we're on now!

Gerwyn Price scares me ngl. Roid rage vibes.

Gerwyn Price. Darryl Gurney. Who looks more like they got off a rape charge on a technicality?

dennis smith

lel

>Rod bullshitting about Huybrechts in the PL

Kimbo is playing no better or no worse now than he was when he got picked in the PL. He's permanently going to be between 11 and 20 in the world rankings. He got picked in the PL because a) he nine-darted MVG and b) the PDC thought his arm-waving would make him a decent heel.

>Kimbo is playing no better or no worse now than he was when he got picked in the PL.
His form collapsed big time over the back of last year though.

>He's permanently going to be between 11 and 20 in the world rankings.
Yeah, that's true. He'll be like Beaton and just float in the rankings forever.

>that nervousness when mentioning Jelle
wew

>PDC Darts @OfficialPDC 2m2 minutes ago Frankfurt on the Main, Germany

>STAYS ALIVE! Bezzeg stays alive with a cheeky 95 finish. #CheekyNandor

>#CheekyNandor

#lads

>mfw paddy power start doing alpha lad banter tweets about darts during the worlds

ronny throwing shit

Hot Shanghai on 20s from Kim's dad.

>rod shilling YOUTH TOUR again

Is that one of the so called "free" leagues?

It's sponsored and organized by the DSAB, but at our level (C class), it's mostly just an excuse for people to get drunk and chuck arrers. Legs are pretty much decided by "who lucks into a triple first".

GET YER MOBILE OUT

26+6=1

One of the few possible upsets today, especially if O'Connor wins against Gurney.

Sounds comfy.

Pls be a fight on stage

>be someone not called mensur
>leave mensur
I seriously hope you guys don't do this

inb4 o'connor takes out 32 with 6 D13 and gurney gets buttmad

* * *DOLAN 9 DART KLAXON* * *

BASED POST

Fuck, just noticed McGowan is a gulper

And Dolan always sticks the tip of his tongue out.

Why did you mention it...whyyyy

>it's a dolan match

Le average 90 to 100 man averaging 88.

>DÖP DÖP DÖP
Oh Germany, how I love you.

Love you too, m8.

Why is the world cup in turkey?

this is some atrocious stuff

>this "comeback" from Dolan

Holy fuck.

>the magnet
What a fucking bottlejob, Jesus.

No wonder McGowan's been out of the spotlight for so long.

>this match

Nice meme!

>Brendan Dolan will be in the quarter-finals
Wonderful.

Gurney the only good player out of the four. Hopefully he becomes the best Irish player.

>Ireland v Ireland

QUEEN LIZ BTFO

PAKIS ON SUICIDE WATCH

>Hopefully he becomes the best Irish player.

Isn't Gurney like the only lower-seeded player that plays first? Seems like they're seeing the way things are going for le double out double in nine darter man.

I'm OK with this.

I think they see that Gurney still might have potential, while averaging 90 to 100-man will average 90 to 100 until some day he won't average 90 to 100 any longer.

>Hey Baby
>no O'Shea present

>the JUST derby

>webby

>Webby

Webby always leaning in front when throwing. It looks like he is pushing with his body.

>Webby

>losing to career-collapse era John Part
Webby's wavering throw is ruining himself yet again.

HEY WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU

Smashing leg from Price & MacNeil there.

ROID RAGE!

Roid Manlet saving Speccy here.

And thus, steroid sales spiked in Wales.

What a shame for MacNeil.

Plays like that and gets walloped 4-0.

WE DUBS NOW

>Darts changing rooms

The smell of methane and sweat must be debilitating

No dubs, no win. Maybe the most basic of darts lores. Also, when playing yourself, few things are more annoying than having a great scoring leg, and then fucking it up on the doubles, while seeing your once-proud average being reduced to a steaming pile of failure one dart at a time.

same as a players championship I guess

>128 sweaty men

>bartender and the thief

Time for this again:

>I've always quite liked Mark 'interesting' Webster since his BDO days, never seems to get rattled and plays the board, doesnt make too many mistakes, but then there's a big part of me that thinks any player who walks out to the fucking Stereophonics deserves a pasting from all the biggest jobbing cunts around. Change the god damn tune.

>Mark Webster- The guy with the most retarded nickname...the spider. A spider has 8 legs, that more legs than Webster will ever get in a match , the useless welsh cunt.

kek'd

>getting broken
>again

BRING
BACK
BURNETT

THAT 161 OUT

JOHN
FAT

DAT JOHN FAT 161

BEEEG JOHN

FAT MAN NOT DEAD YET

>47
Roids wearing off.

DAT 161

BASED JOHNY FAT

>Canada beats Wales

BMJ

O
CANADA

Can Canada keep party rocking?

>Wales

Wouldn't have called that, but glad to see it happen. Any day where Johnny Fat wins is a good day.

Now, time for Austria!

Reminder that Mensur *actually* said this probably

180!

Canada can upset NI given how shit Dolan was today.

We get it. You're mates.

Steaks all round

Haven't watched darts for about 6 months, did I miss anything interesting?

>tfw Taylel still hasn't retired

>austria lose this
>england v singapore
>yfw

Lard Lad getting BTFO of the PL.

MVG won the Masters, UK Open and Premier League. Embarrassed Taylor in the PL final by coming from 1-2 down to win 11-3.

BDO is still a joke.

DAT 95

>38 left
>offered chance to hit 10-D14
>goes "traditional" split route of 6-D16
weirdo

SINGA POOER

>remember my 9 darter?

LE D14 MAN!

>le D14 man