How does Sup Forums feel about e-sports?

How does Sup Forums feel about e-sports?

Not real sports.

>sit at computer
>chug soda
>press buttons
>sometimes luck based, sometimes skill
>win $15,000,000
>tip fedora and teleport away until next year

I think this is bait but regardless

>t. doesn't follow e-sports

Don't know whether I'd call it a sport either, despite watching it, people refer to chess and other board games without much physicality (although arguably less than e-sports) as games, I think most of the fanbase is just insecure and gets triggered bcoz they r a real sport muuuuuuuuum

Good:
Starcraft
Fighting games

Bad:
Shooters
MOBAS
Smash bros

It's a game not a sport

It's a great development for

they're the future and only butthurt oldfags are upset at this growing trend

e-sports is not a sports, no matter how much some people want it to be.

sports per definition require non-minor physical activity, as stated by the IOC. Chess is just accepted as sports because the chess associations were members in the international sports federation at the time, if chess was a new game nowadays, it would not be called a sport.

however, depending on the game, the skill required for going professional in comparison to casual players, might even exceed the one of some sports. It is not unusual for Esports teams to practice 10-12 hours a day all week.

It is, depending on the game and your personal preference, undebatably interesting to watch for those affiliated with the matter, same as for sports, it has a big competitive aspect and multi-million-dollar organisations and clubs, so it shares quite a few similarities to real sports.

also, tsm is the scummiest team on earth and you should be ashamed to post their logo anywhere.

No it was one of the more complete and thoughtful descriptions of e-sports I've ever read.

Thourough, fair, and scathing.

TSM r my bois who the fk r u

Needs more Dark Souls invasions/

chess and poker

TSM is shit

Not real sports
It is for nerds

Someone have that webm of the fatass e-sport player that cant get off the stage easily?

I think it has more similarities to sports than most people think...especially that butt blasted kraut above me.

1. Physicality is involved. As strange as it sounds, most professional players retire by 25 or so because their reflexes are not fast enough. Also, several players have suffered "injuries" like carpal tunnel etc.

2. Teams develop distinct strategies. Similar to plays run by coaches in football, basketball, hokkei, etc. esports teams run specific strategies in specific situations. Games almost never result in random clicking or keyboard smashing to win the game, the team with the better strategy and planning wins 9/10 times.

3. Individuals can train to improve. Much like drills in all sports, esports players can perform their own "drills" to better aspects of their game. Some players even study film of themselves playing in order to identify weaknesses in their play.

Obviously, esports are not full blown sports. However, they do carry more similarities to sports than most games, and are far more similar than chads are willing to admit.

Here's a handy guide for you

I think I like tsm.

I like how NBK was clutching some tournament a while ago.

Those two sentences are not related, I don't know where nbk plays.

why can't they just classify themselves as competitive gaming?

>illegal to drink under the age of 21

Maybe in Sri Lanka or something

melee is best e-sport tho.
Otherwise this is ok ranking

slight revision:

good:
brood war

bad:
starcraft 2

They're fine as long as it is a game like csgo. Mobas are gay and shouldn't exist, let alone try to be competitive

>e-"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""sports"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Why does everyone get so hung up on the "is it a sport or not" debate. Who care... it is a valid form of entertainment, and as shown by TBS' ELeague it can work on tv.