Why is boxing dead?

Why is boxing dead?

Because mlb, nba, and nfl started allowing blacks to play

white ppl suck at it

its only dead for white americans, cus they suck at it.

Its booming in the UK right now.

because once the Iron Curtain came down Americans had to invent their own combat sport to dominate in

Crooked judges and overpriced PPV.

hook me up with some hq toe pics

boxers ducking each other

Italy is short on good fighters as well, faggot.

hottest shes ever been including prime buffy years

>that bittersweet symphony ending

In the old days boxing was on normal tv like the nba, nfl, baseball etc.

whats her name

2nd to baseball as the most boring sport.

someone's never watched tennis.

Or golf.

triggered?

build wall

Maria pacquiao

rhe only reason to go into boxing is for money

White Americans generally have better options

imo it's too tame, if it were up to me I'd start a fighting league gladiator style

dump some guys in a ring, give them weapons and watch the carnage unleash

we're all apes anyways, we want blood so we should give into our insticts. I want to see broken bones, decapitations, people begging for their lives.

sorry if it that makes you guys uncomfortable, but it's the truth. I'm just ahead of the curve.

because they couldn't integrate a sigle entity to rule the sport.

it is hard to promote a world championship fight when there are 3 different organizations claiming to be the true one.

also fixed fights and overpriced events.

Nu-males dislike violence

Both better.

Gingers

We can bet on other things now

Pay per view killed boxing. It would be doing fine if was still broadcast freely on network tv or the internet.

I guess that goes for all your sports, as I don't see many white Americans dominating in them.

>champs fight nothing but tin cans
>crooked as fuck and exposed as such
>can only watch on PPV
>fighters only represent themselves, while team sports represent whole cities

Because media raised a generation convinced that they enjoy face to the crotch more.

Cultural shift, boxing and combat sports in general are viewed as barbaric. 20 years ago you would never have the notion of boxing being made illegal as part of public sports discourse. As much as the UFC tries to claims that MMA is THE FASTEST GROWING SPORT IN THE WORLD, it is still very much a niche sport and the only reason jurisdictions overturn bans on MMA is to make money.

uggo tBh

This shit will happen to United Statian handegg too.

Improvement in medical sciences (and simply looking at Ali) proved just how bad boxing is for your body. Handegg is as bad and people are starting to realize.

I don't think it's a cultural thing. Boxing just isn't an engaging sport.
Summed it pretty well.

That pic makes me want to vomit

>I don't think it's a cultural thing

I'm not saying it's the only reason but it definitely is part of it. The tolerance for violence in sports in general decreases with each passing decade.

People still love the violence - they just realise there are effects from it now.
Boxing is the issue. MMA is huge and growing. It's not just UFC but all teh smaller divisions. You can do mma training everywhere now.

>Gringo

Well done kek

I remember someone on /x/ streaming it. Good times.

Floyd Mayweather ruined boxing. And the retards who think he is a good boxer ruin the sport even more

ufc typically isn't as violent as boxing. it has the capacity to be, but in general it's pretty far removed from both the lawless early days.

That other guy was just being a dick, it's Misa Campo.

Well when your biggest boxer is some featherweight that spends most of his career ducking the best fighters and only fighting them when it is convenient to him to keep his undefeated record intact it doesn't exactly engage the fans.

>ufc typically isn't as violent as boxing

>Why is boxing dead?
- corruption
- nig-centricity
- lack of personalities, only braggadocio blowhards
- horrible "star" -- Floyd Mywifebeater, Mike Bi-son, generic nignog #28345789759834-DF643
- CTE
- quality of boxing diminished
- "big" bouts locked to overpriced pay-per-view

>in a nutshell

Klitschko ruined it

>lack of any decent rivals for the Klitschkos killed it

fixed

They dominate hockey and they share with us Latinos in baseball

hope he enjoys his fatty liver disease

Definitely boxing is dead. I think mayweather ruined boxing. Just my 2 cent.

TOP KEK

Yeah, we're going to build a wall -- to keep you European Mexicans out.

SMG

kill yourself straya faggot

You think boxing needs a commission(not the wbc,wba ect.) or it needs to be run by the federal government?

Ali didnt prove shit. Its all ali fault he ended up like that. He was a heavyweight fighter. More power more trauma. Also ali used to spar without headgear and used let fighters punch him in the face too be more resistant to KOs.

What find weird is Mexicans fighters love to go to war toe to toe and all of them end up fine. Look at chavez.

Eh, if a boxer's homeland is destitute enough, he can represent his entire country
see: manny

"MUH SWEET SCIENCE"
Those retards actually say "wow did you see his performance?" " greatest of all time". Jabbing and backing away is not a great performance. Dont even get me started with the lara fans. A good boxer is lamencheko.

sport is full of corruption in the US and nobody has the vision/ability to organize it in a coherent way to modernize the sport. Having tons of different titles, obsolete state athletic commissions, fighters able to create their own schedules and face little to no penalties for dodging better competition, every new fighter is "undefeated" meme, etc all detracts from the sports chances at success. Maybe it'll never regain past glory but it can definitely be bigger and a regular event as opposed to the side show it is now.

There's a good scrap literally about to happen and non of you even know about it.

Salido vs vargas?

Hell yeah nigga

Channel hbo?

>implying I can afford a t.v. subscription

>shitty business model (nobody watches smaller matches on pay per view)
>many subjective rules, hard for normies to understand
>floyd mayweather, the most famous non retired boxer, had a boring fight style

because there exist better sports, don't get me wrong i like boxing as a reasonably good workout, but is just meh as a sport

these and circket aren't that boring, you aren't supossed to watch 100% of the game like you do with football or basketball

Who is Tyson Fury

I don't watch much boxing but I fucking hate the number of clinches I've seen. Maybe it's more prevalent with heavyweights, idk. But IMO if you initiate a clinch too many times in a round you should get a point penalty

THIS. Anyone that says otherwise is wrong. The rise of NFL and NBA in the 80's killed boxing. Boxing was ALWAYs a broken sport there were just more people that participated in it. People that blame corruption are newfags, boxing was way more corrupt in its heyday.