What happens after we die Sup Forums?

What happens after we die Sup Forums?

Catholics = go to heaven
Others = go to hell

This and only this

Famine dodger detected

You go to hell unless you led a brave life and died fighting with a weapon in your hamd. In that case you go to Valhalla or Freya's Hall in Asgard.

JesteÅ› kurwa

>literally less human than a paddy

We go to Turkey

We will become feet

feet!

I grew out of religion by the time I reached 20 so I believe in wormfood.

Reincarnation

never understand the concept of religious hell/paradise.
if you really belief in God, why wouldn't you let god decide what happen after you die.
like let say catholic is true religion and i did everything i was expected as a good catholic, and then god throw me into the deepest hell, why should i refuse it?
isn't god suppose to be our creator and our master? why would a mere creation made out of absolute nothing think they're somewhat valued?

>not getting cremated

How the fuck would you refuse it? He's God

that's what i belief, we cannot refuse god's will, everything is predetermined.
though i want to know how is it work if you're assumed to have free will

You have free-will, but you don't have the power to change God's will once you die
But he wouldn't send a good Catholic to hell

same thing that happened before you were born

I go 12 inches deep in your mother's womb?

suppose he will, then what's gonna happen with that free will?
denial? or catharsis?
did god create a limitation in human spirit in which it cannot withstand his other creation which is hell? but by doing so, then free will isn't really free

You only have free-will on Earth. When you die, you go to God's realm, if he wants to send you to Hell, then he will, and you can kick and scream etc, but you can't overpower God. Free-will is a gift, not a right

Reborn as a turtle

then why is it matter for those living in earth to make sure they're going to heaven?
why don't they just accept any fate god's gonna give them?
why is the concept of heaven and earth even necessary?

Eternal hell

Because God won't let a cunt into Heaven, and he won't put a good Catholic in Hell

>Because God won't let a cunt into Heaven
why didn't he just fuck off with his free will meme and make everybody a good catholic or something?
its not making any sense if god created a standard for his creation when he have the capabilities to create anything he want

Reincarnation

Nothing
That's the beauty of it
Everything ceases
You don't feel, you don't care
Nothing cares
Nothing

What would be the point in that?

same question could be applied to the believed scenario.
it just not making any sense

>being a Catholic is all you need to get into heaven
>salvation from faith and faith alone
Gee, I wonder who's behind this post, Mr. "Catholic"

thats the ultimate goal of buddhists, so i guess buddhists are just dumb atheists who are afraid of reincarnation for no reason right?

Because the Christian God is not a god of submision ("peace" or whatever you want to call it) but one of love. Free will is about that, you have the option to be sincere, and anyone who's legit good at heart will come to the Catholic church, the rest are the people fucking up the world and they don't belong in whatever God has planned after.

Earth is something like a sorting station, your actions (salvation through works) determine whether you're of value and worthy of eternal life, if you're an entitled little shit (sola fide) or you worship the devil (non-Christians) then you do fucking deserve to burn forever, that's accepting God's will. Freedom comes with consequence and responsibility, Jesus does not want slaves but true followers.

>religious people on my board
Sorry Sup Forums is for 18+ only

>afraid of reincarnation for no reason
You do realize Buddhism got started in India

w-whhat

doesnt matter

No idea but I'm sure nothing that matters here matters on the other side. Family, friends, country, material objects ... nothing

when god create freedom, what is the exact mechanism of this freedom of will regrding its interaction with stimuli.
when did this supposed to be neutral will in its idle state kicked out of its balance, what made them so?
are we free to accept eternal hellish living?

??

>are we free to accept eternal hellish living?
Yes you are, it's like this, supose people are dogs and God is a dog breeder, a loyal dog willing to sacrifice for his master out of love gets treated different than one that bites the hand that feeds him, it's only fair.

You die. But you won't be aware of that because you're dead

I would rather delusionally believe I am going off to a special heavenly place for eternity rather than go towards death with the knowledge that it simply means I will fail to exist anymore

that is unfathomable

You die, then later in the future your descendants transfer your consciousness into a machine to converse with you

If you actually did something with your life to warrant such

nothing "happens", you are ded. that's what being dead means

You will be stuck on an eternal version of this wesbite, but it's only inhabitet by Australians and Canadians and there are never any mods

Pain and happiness are only brain processes. I do not know what's on the other side but there's definitely no pain or happiness.

Heaven and Hell don't exist.

If you truly think about it from a scientific perspective, you realize Reincarnation is how life works. But it's not the kind of reincarnation you hear about in movies/books, the "soul" isn't something that exists in the form you think it does

the "soul" does exist in a physical form, and I personally believe it's somewhere where the spinal cord connects to the brain. "Brain Death" occurs when the soul is removed from the rest of the body due to some disease, that is why people who are braindead are just dead.

Reincarnation does indeed exist. And if you want to reborn as a human, you have to get someone to literally eat your brain after you die then have sex and maybe your next life will be a human. Maybe.

i'm rollan for being a migratory bird

I smell bad, I have no friends.

What if its just a meme religious clergymen promise so that we can actually follow their commandments?

Most likely oblivion. I don't know of any good reason to believe otherwise.

73 virgins bby

No, reincarnation is the part of logical reason.

It's why the Japanese are increasingly following the belief of reincarnation.

The west will catch up to the rest of the world in that line of thinking eventually. The gears are already turning on that front.

Trust me -- write on your will that you don't want a coffin. Just dump your body into the earth. The sooner those worms eat your brain the sooner you'll be born again.

>If you truly think about it from a scientific perspective, you realize Reincarnation is how life works.
Can you show me your work? Walk me through it, if you will.

>"How are things after my life ends?"
How were they before it started?

Law of conversvation of energy.

Energy cannot be destroyed. It only changes it's form.

Life came to this planet sometime in the past. That's why Life is on Earth, because life arrived at this planet from somewhere else. Hell, we have a giant asteroid orbiting us called the Moon to prove that.

Given that, and the fact this was thousands to millions of years in the past, life still persists on Earth.

We know that something called a "consciousness" exists. That's why when you wake up in the morning you are in your body, and you don't change bodies with your sister or some shit. You have an awareness over your body.

That which powers the "consciousness" hasn't been scientifically proven, and is the basis for all religion. Nobody understands it fully. But we can work around the lack of understanding like thus:

*Even though we don't understand conciousness, we know by our own lives, that this consciousness still persists on this planet even as life dies. Many generations of humans/apes have died before we were even born, but this consciousness still exists on Planet Earth

Thus, it is determined that some manner of life we don't understand is recycling conciousness so that we still exist on planet earth even though additional life hasn't come to this planet since the dinosaurs.

That recycling of conciousness is what we call Reincarnation. You go from having one body to having another. But it's done in some scientific manner that isn't quite clear nor will it be.

But we don't understand braindead symptoms either, so I strongly believe if we studied braindeath we would find that which we call the soul. But we won't in this generation.

Anyway, the point is when you have sex and make a child, the conciousness that resides within that child is quite possibly the "soul" of the chicken that died to make the chicken tender you ate last week, and that is -why- you need to eat other conciousnesses to survive. You are literally borrowing their energy to survive.

Dremora are scary though

Yeah but what is the physical mechanism whereby consciousness emanates from the gooey brain tissue?

What if the only form of energy conservation is your biological matter being reinherited by the earth and insects or animals?

I think its just an instinctive human desire to preserve its ego, to maintain perpetuity

Nothing, now stop being a pretentious prick.

No, probably yours.

Think about it: Do you really need to know what the physical mechanism is? You just need to know what the end result is.

The real kicker would be finding out that memory isn't actually tied to your brain and you could carry some memories to the next life, but to do that you'd need to manipulate the system to guarantee your next life was a human and not a worm or some shit.

For such an experiment to take place you'd literally need to convince someone to eat your brain when you die, then have sex immediately after digesting you and hope to god you're the sperm cell that reaches the egg.

If we could scientifically discover the cell that is the conciousness, we could do -so much- weird shit, like putting your body into a robot type shit. Playing God, if you will.

What if consciousness isn't an entity in itself or some energy? What if it's an emergent property of our bodies, like a discernible picture is an emergent property of the pieces of an assembled puzzle?

>Energy cannot be destroyed. It only changes it's form.
Yes. Your consciousness changes form after you die. It becomes heat.

if that was true there would be no consciousnesses in the world today because they would have all died with the dinosaurs

try to remember life stopped coming to this planet sometime ago, it's not like we keep getting meteors delivering new life to the planet every year.

(you) stop existing

Your memes descend into the earth

>Sup Forums pass
opinion discarded

You have it wrong my amigo,
Orthodox Christian= go to heaven
*especially Russian orthodox Christians
All others= go to hell

release

>if that was true there would be no consciousnesses in the world today because they would have all died with the dinosaurs

Ok, but what if all you need for consciousness is a nervous system arranged in a certain way? I think your problem is that you're reifying consciousness in a way that makes it impossible to arise spontaneously.
Life may have arrived on Earth from another planet. Mars is a good contender. It doesn't mean that life is a form of energy that can only be transferred from living things to each other. It's likely that life arose on Earth, spontaneously, from non-living molecules.

does my pass make you flustered? Tell me why this is so.

If you lived a good life you reincarnate as a Brit.
If you lived an evil life you reincarnate as a Frenchie.

Japan has three ways
1 get born again and work hard til death in this world again (Rinne)
2 be a guardian spirit and work hard eternally for the descendants in the spiritual world (Gosenzo-sama)
3 go to hell and no job there

you can choose

Do you believe in that?

nothing

many people believe 1 and 2
but i dont
cause i wanna my leisure after death

Well, I want loads of sex with young women after death but that doesn't mean I believe in paradise.
What do you think is likely to be true?

Your body decomposes.
Your existence fades from human memory.

You become nothing.

I'm going to be put in cryostasis, so that I have the chance to become a floating brain in a jar and share memes with our descendants.

curious, what brings you to Sup Forums?

trying to improve english or broaden perspective?