Are there Mormons in your country?

Are there Mormons in your country?

What do you do/plan to do when you meet them?

Other urls found in this thread:

lds.org/maps/meetinghouses/@-22.914131,-43.559279,11&ll=-13.11158,-40.209961&z=4&m=google.road&id=Rio de Janeiro:Rio de Janeiro:Rio de Janeiro::Brasil:-23.082229,-43.795060,-22.746033,-43.096904
namb.net/apologetics/comparison-chart-mormonism-and-christianity?pageid=8589952801
akinokure.blogspot.co.nz/2015/02/mormon-paganism-gods-that-are-created.html
youtube.com/watch?v=nKtbowxHYfg
youtube.com/watch?v=1i5CcrKIEBE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just keep saying no thank you and don't make eye contact.

If you pause or show apprehension they will pounce and refuse to let you go.

(britbong)
there actually are i found out recently, an acquaintance of mine converted to mormonism recently, i thought it was just an american thing

they don't seem to go door to door, i've only ever seen christians do that, but they're basically telling this girl she's evil because she got tattoos before she joined them, seems like they had to tone down a bunch of their weird cult shit to be allowed in the UK though

Mormons are basically just white Jews 2bh

Mormons, what's that? Some new species of muslims? No, we don't have muslims here.

A very oddball sect of Christianity. Mormons are pretty based though outside of religion.

Yes there are. They are kanker like every religious group. I hope they can all die. Btw, I killed them in New Vegas.

There are no mormons, but we do have a lot of morons

Christians?! So they are some sort of anglican protestants?

Where the fuck are you from dude?

When I lived in Cincinnati I'd see them ride around on their bikes all the time.

They're their own thing, really. They're technically Christians in that they believe in the divinity of Jesus Christ but have their own takes on things, such as believing Jesus went to the Indians while he was still alive.

>Yes there are
wtf? I never heard about that, where do you live?

Mormonism is a bullshit religion invented by some attentionwhoring schizoid.
They're alright people though.

Rio de Janeiro. There is a fucking mormon church near my house. I see those guys with ties and white shirts every fucking day.

Former Mormon here. I did the missionary thing in the Philippines.

Imagine the looks on the Filipinos faces when a 6'3" white guy came up to them in their own language asking to talk to them about Jesus.

Haven't been to church in years and years since I came back though.

>They're technically Christians

Don't they believe in a bunch of weird shit that practically voids the Christian part?

São Paulo, if they existed in Brazil I should have heard about them over here. Give me a link, photo, anything. Are they just the same as Jeova Witnesses?

Hence the "technically"; they're Christians in the very basic sense that they believe that Jesus Christ is the divine son of God, but not much else.

It doesn't really void it but it certainly adds to the contradictions of Christianity, which were already numerous

Do you still believe in Mormon teachings?

Yes a lot of people, myself included, struggle calling them Christians.

Not at all. We/they believe in Jesus, and that he's the savior and faith in him is how people have eternal life with God.
That is literally what it means to be a Christian. Anyone who says Mormons aren't Christians is a complete moron. The full name of the church is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for crying out loud. Jesus is in the name, and people still think they're not Christians. Blows my mind.

They don't believe God, Jesus and the Spirit are one though, they think they're 3 separate beings, which makes complete sense actually.

yeah i saw often,
i had few conversation with them too

at least their not psychopatic christian in my country

Outside of the USA and Canada, there are more Mormons in Brazil than any other place on earth. There are over a million in Brazil alone.

lds.org/maps/meetinghouses/@-22.914131,-43.559279,11&ll=-13.11158,-40.209961&z=4&m=google.road&id=Rio de Janeiro:Rio de Janeiro:Rio de Janeiro::Brasil:-23.082229,-43.795060,-22.746033,-43.096904

They are everywhere dude.

I've seen budhists, but I've never heard about mormons.

Yeah, they're okay.

I've never met them. I'd probably just tell them I'm not interested since I've heard that if you give them the slightest bite they won't leave you alone.

namb.net/apologetics/comparison-chart-mormonism-and-christianity?pageid=8589952801

I use them as sort of a guide in my life, because they actually do teach a lot of great stuff about families and service to others and being good morally, so I still follow a lot of them. But I don't go to church and don't keep a lot of the commandments, I just live my life and try and be the best person I can to everyone. You don't need religion to do that, but having grown up in it for so long it's sort of a moral guide for me.

But no, I don't go to church, for lots of reasons. Still like a lot of its teachings though.

like most denominations, mormons don't try to convert jews, just say you're jewish and they leave you alone

It depends on how broad your definition of a Christian is. Mormons literally believe in multiple gods which rules them out for me.

My neighborhood has synagogues, mosques, churches, ~terreiros~, kardecist centres, buddhist temples, hindu temple...everything you can imagine. It's a religious nightmare.

HOLY SHIT!! That's a fucking invasion dude! How did we allow that? Do we have that much muslims too? We might have Isis recruting people over here already without even knowing.

There is a mosque near my house too.

You do realize that even so called "Christian" churches don't agree on anything, right? There is no definitive list of doctrine for Christianity because all that is left is the bible, which is flawed, and god isn't here to tell us nor are their prophets or whatever to interpret it.
Saying mormons aren't christian because they don't match up to another denomination's beliefs is pretty retarded.
Look up the Nicean Creed and the Athanasian Creed to see that what Christians actually believe was basically made up on the spot as a bunch of people pulled stuff out of their asses as they read the bible and decided that that was going to be "official" when really it's just a bunch of people voted on it.

But ignoring moral teachings, do you believe the events of Joseph Smith happened literally like he described?

actually this map might be bullshit
saskatchewan has a million people, it's not 25% mormon

akinokure.blogspot.co.nz/2015/02/mormon-paganism-gods-that-are-created.html

You've got to draw the line somewhere, or you end up arguing that Muslims are Christians because they believe Jesus was a prophet but the whole "son of God" thing was due to translation errors

That's creepy af tqh

Also now I'm wondering what moral teachings Mormonism has that regular Christianity does not

>Saying mormons aren't christian because they don't match up to another denomination's beliefs is pretty retarded.

saying mormons aren't christian because they're the only denomination to recognize the book of mormon isn't retarded

Yes.

The difference between Mormons and other Christian denominations is that in general, Mormons actually are better at following their teachings.
Christianity teaches no sex before marriage, but basically no one actually follows that. It says not to get drunk and a bunch of other stuff, but people still do.

Mormons are probably the only people on earth who unironically wait until marriage to have sex.

Mormons also follow the teachings of a scam artist

You just summarized all religions, thank you.

Reminder that the book of mormon is literally fulfilling Biblical prophesy:

2 Corinthians 13:1 In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

The Old Testament and New Testament both witness of the divinity of Christ, but people still wouldn't agree. So God brought forth the book of mormon as a third witness for all the doubters

But the other religions have sufficient ambiguity regarding the lives of their founders, which Mormonism (founded in the 19th century) clearly lacks

I dont want them here, Brazil is for Brazilians! Give them some space and they will be blowing things up or converting our children within a few years. How do we get rid of them?
We have catholics and evangelicals, and that's more than enough.

Similar to Scientology

>tfw no qt, enthusiastic, kinda scary mormon gf
youtube.com/watch?v=nKtbowxHYfg

Scientology is a bit different in that it was the first religion to having prohibitively large payment for salvation being necessary. To reach the state of clear alone (there are eight more levels) costs about 100K US and it gets closer towards the million dollar mark at the higher levels.

It's interesting too how despite that L Ron Hubbard wasn't a particularly well-educated guy he basically rehashed gnosticism only this time making it a massive scam at the same time.

Jesus didn't went to the indians.He went to meet the nephites which were Jews that settled in the americans. Indians were cursed with the mark of Cain
Mormoism is like Islam for white people and less retarded

>It's interesting too how despite that L Ron Hubbard wasn't a particularly well-educated guy he basically rehashed gnosticism only this time making it a massive scam at the same time.

Thats what is most impressive about the man, everything from the e-meter to dianetics was rehashed from pre-existing ideas, yet he managed to package them into a powerful force that created a multi billion dollar empire.

Also some fun trivia, he bought out a university so he could certify himself

Americans are fucking stupid when it comes to religion. WACO proved that to the world when that started getting international coverage.

WACO was literal overkill imo. Jim Jones is probably the most embarassing sect to gain prominence.

Also Hubbard planned on taking over rhodesia for awhile until their security services stopped them

We have American ones, even in my butthole of a hometown we had them, I remember one time me and my friends were cutting school and we were at the park when two Mormon dudes just sat with us for talking a bit, then we played Basketball together, they were good kids 2bh.

I dated a mormon girl once, she was real sweet

youtube.com/watch?v=1i5CcrKIEBE

gib mormon gf!

watch out cause she'll get REALLY shy after your first kiss and you'll have to talk a lot to convince her to kiss you again.

Sex is a definite no-go, don't even think about that ever happening.

Yes There are and they're at least better than our muh christans.