>but one of the shittiest as well
What went wrong?

>he fell for the white meme

>poor as fuck
>one of the lowest crime states
>muh 'crime is because of poverty'

>he fell for the west virginia is bad meme

>one of the lowest crime rates
And nobody said poverty was the only factor that creates crime. There's so many factors that create crime that poor areas can still be relatively safe, they would just be more violent than an otherwise equivalent, richer area.

>west virigina
>4.3
no, it's not.

The appalachian area in WV and Kentucky has a lower violent crime rate than the national average.

West Virginia has a lower homicide and violent crime rate than the richest black areas.

Betting your entire economy on one horse. I'd make the same prediction about the Dakotas concerning oil, but at least they can still do farming when it runs out.

What about the millions of dinosaurs yucatan killed?

NAFTA
it was like a kick to the balls while the rust belt was already on its knees
it has explosive economic growth right now iirc though

It's shaped like Afghanistan

Yeah with mass amount of people going from oil wages to much lower wages will take a huge toll.

Dakotas have to prepare for that and set up the state so that if oil demand drops or becomes unviable in the state that they can diversify because I think Dakota had a boom before.

Everyone is just on drugs.

Like prairie Canada.

entirety of USA is, you're something like 6x more likely to die of a heroin OD than get murdered with a gun
we're being flooded with heroin and other opioids

and 12 years later(2014)

Where is this? Hollywood?

I wonder if there's a pattern between non-germanicness and drug abuse. That map seems almost like the opposite of this map.

you're ignoring population density
nobody lives in where the blue parts of are

Do you know what "per 100,000 population" means? Have you started highschool yet?

do you know how much harder it is to get your hands on drugs when the only person within 50 miles is actually a cow?

dnm is easy

Look at the 2014 map, I wasn't aware of Utah or Nevada being densely populated.

why do west virginians kill themselves en masse with drugs?

they're flooded with meth

white people in general are, west virginia happens to be heavily white

And somehow the Dakotas aren't? Do drug dealers go "nah, fuck the money, it's too cold for me there"?

what possible reason would anyone have to go to north or south dakota?

Surely oil field workers are easier to sell drugs to than Mormons.

Same reason hookers and strippers do.
To get some of that oil money by way of single men having massive boredom plus loneliness.

>German "humor"

It doesn't explain why west virginia is so heavily represented in drug induced deaths though

step 1. go to the doctor and say you bumped your knee
step 2. enjoy your oxy

The white people there are the poor kind of white. Also, it's very mountainous. Land isn't the same as land, when that land isn't suitable for large-scale cities or farming.

And don't forget the constant bribery and resource theft going back and forth between the mining companies and the pols. The land there is getting less and less livable all the time with the environmental destruction that's going on.

irish genes

I used to do interviews for my company all over the east coast and WV always had the most interesting people.

I did 9 interviews one day in Mineral County WV and only one had a tucked in shirt and our best candidate had a huge cowboy belt buckle.

It was an outside sales position and 3 of them asked me if weather would be a problem

It takes over a month to complete a background check in Mineral County WV

rural people are the best people

i thought it was meth not opioids

wat

too much coal turned them black

American counties are so fucking ugly.

2bh newfoundland has the highest unemployment out of all provinces in canada, and has a homicide rate of ~0.6 per 100k, which is pretty damn low

same goes for all of atlantic canada, which is generally very anglo/scot/irish but also very poor compared to the west

The ones that are just administrative afterthoughts always are. Everything back east makes more sense, although the British (hint) colonial boundaries are still noticeable and still nonsensical.