What if there was another Scandinavian country?

What if there was another Scandinavian country?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cudgel_War
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Only if we get St. Petersburg [back]

As a karelian I think it should be part of finland. We're finns, the best group of finns

>we
You mean only Sweden? haha

It would need to be filled with actual karelians in order to work though.

It's populated by russians mostly so fuck off.

But there are only two Scandinavian countries highlighted there

Neo-Romanticism will establish a new common Scandinavian identity and St. Petersburg will be our clay by extension

Fuck off it is our clay, entire st. petersburg is built on finnish village of reposaari

Petersburg has the same population as whole Denmark, how are you going to assimilate them?

Forced sterilisation

yea but imagine if those Finnics/Samis survived the onslaught brought on by the Novgorodians

Our new eastern subject will naturally adopt the culture and customs of their rulers, just like Greenland.

What does rest of int/world think or know about karelia?

colder and poorer finland populated by russians

Rightful Swedish clay

I know that it was inhabitated by finno ugric tribes who remained pagans until the 18th century and hered reindeers.
Then the russians took it and build stuff in the wilderness so now its just a russian outpost with a tiny overaged karelian minority that is there to extract ressources and make you nervous.

scandinavian =/= nordic

karelia is finnish clay

We need a danelaw as well

One of my favorite region of Russia.
Nice rivers and woods, love it.

>we
>back

I don't remember the time when Petersburg was Danish.

all this dreaming of a greater scandinavia/nordic is completely meaningless and detracts from actual things we can do to improve. realize that history went the way it went, we might not like it but that's not going to change it and then move the fuck on.

Hanrej

>favorite region of Russia

Karelia is a poor shithole even by Russian standarts, m8.

Wow. Will zakadishy (like zamkadishy, but Peter has КAД too) ever recover

absolutely fantastic post

It used to be really good
For some reason it turned shit under russian rule, like every place. weird

probably the most insulting thing i've ever read on Sup Forums

I'm talking about the Russian part of Karelia, not Finnish. I've never been to Finland, but visited some places in our "Karelian republic" and it gave me an extremely negative impression, this place is almost the same poor as Ukraine, compared to my native region it's a literal hellhole.

Why would that be?

That's how Russians handle their conquered land.
>In 1718 Peter investigated why the ex Swedish province of Livonia was so orderly. He discovered that the Swedes spent as much administering Livonia (300 times smaller than his empire) as he spent on the entire Russian bureaucracy. He was forced to dismantle the province's government

Ugliest flag of the bunch

viipuri and sortavala used to be nice places u cheeky bastard

ugliest flag of the world

Better color scheme than green and black. That's strictly Islamic territory.

THAT IS FINNISH NATIONAL SCENERY YOU PIG

This leaf is telling the truth. Mixing red and green on flags is a big no no.

>Be Finland.
>Have Christian symbol in flag.
>Has a significant Muslim population.

t. bro tier guy Mc Ahmedson

>Has a significant Muslim population
what did he mean by this?

We dont have a significant population of muslims?
are you confusing us with sweden?

0.8% is significant apparently.

>leaf once again proving they are the worst posters
really makes you think

We dont have any and I cant stand any muslims.

So you don't actually know anything
Good to know

I consider Russia to be Scandinavian

>15 billion USD

You take that back!

In an imaginary world where the area was 100% finnic it would be neat to have a third finno-ugric country (hungary doesn't count). They'd be as rich as norway do to oil and gas so finns would be extra jealous but they'd have to deal with the long border with the eastern menace. Would be great for business to have someone to sell stuff to who was even further away from civilisation than funland.

Scandinavians is a meme.

u're mom gay so stfu

Finns and Swedes would have another ferry destination to get drunk at.

Oh my. Wright in the benis.

Fucking tragic.

sweden and finland are liked by entire world unlike russia which everyone sees as meme commie shithole

also u're dad was cuck xDD

>sweden and finland are liked by entire world
This isn't really true. Finland might be liked by the world but Sweden is very despised here in America. They are seen as aggressors that have yet to apologize for centuries of oppression of Finns. Whenever somebody here says "fenno-swede" it is customary for all who hear that phrase to spit on the ground.

That last bit is particularly interesting. Apparently Finnish Karelians were(are?) considered more "Finnish" than their western/southern brethren.

Then it's very good for you both, isnt't?
>meme commie shithole
Well, i was born in my country, no matter what it's really is. And i love it. Obviously, we have a different opinions on that.
Also, why are you so toxic?

desu we never were opressed by them, we just used to be the same country. My biggest issue with sweden is them being cucked beyond meme levels to the ridiculous point

Old Baltic sea tradition to act hostile against Russians.

Finnish national identity comes from karelia. The reason we want it back is that karelia is actual finland and karelians are the best group of finns

>tfw no helsinki-stockholm-oslo-tromso-muurman cruise line

We did some not so nice things about the Finns west of the Bothnian Bay though there was no propper anti Swedish rebellions like in Ireland against the English so it can't have been to bad.

Yeah, that's kinda weird. Why didn't that happen?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cudgel_War

Within old sweden finns were treated as equal swedes until your eugenics program which happened long after finland being part of sweden. We had "anti swedish rebellions" like the cudgel war but klaus fleming's troops were finns as well. Tbqh we should be bros rather than we being friends with russia
just stop the cucking

karelians have rich folklore, the national epic of finland, the kalevala was created when lönnrot traveled around karelia and wrote down all the old folk songs of the people

also it's poor as fuck and has always been so

IMAGINE

Is Karelia first world or like rest of the Russia?

It's close to Finland and Norway after all

there were multiple peasant uprisings that resulted from perceived unfair war burdens. whether they can be counted as anti-swedish itself is up for debate though.

Having the same religion probably mattered a lot. I know there was some revolts for independence after the Swedish conquest by non-christian finns and after that the only large scale rebellion I know about was anti-noble rather than anti Swedish and even had the later Swedish king siding with it. ((Cudgel war))

95% of the population is russian.
take a guess.

Territorial devolution of Finland:

First world as fuck

i live 7km from the eastern border and trust me, once you cross that border you enter another world

my city is nowhere near the nicest of finland but across the border they dont even have fucking paved roads and people are still living in buildings that were built by finns before the ww2 or in 50's commieblocks

this pic is 10km from my house

Doubt it was very anti Swedish charles siding with it.

Finland want our commies? Sure. May we get Åland in exchange for it pls?

imagine that this used to be the 2nd largest city in finland, now it's nothing more than a regional shithole

Don't fall for it! They're desperate to get rid of Åland.

Holy shit

Only because Åland is the only reason they can't drop the Å.
Also free chips.

the thing is though that you don't have any history of being bilingual, or even tolerating finnish while swedish has always been an integral part of finland, the very people who created the finnish national identity in the 19th century were all swedish speakers, and every non-peasant spoke swedish until the early 20th century

I'm getting triggered to the poing of heart attack
my karelians side of family kept telling me so lively stories of old karelia

TIL about the Germanisation of Finnish regions. Is there a noticeable difference in culture between west and east Finland nowadays?

not that much, only local dialects really tell you where a person is from

Not really desu

There's more difference between south and north than east and west

Well there are notable differences between any regions of finland, talk about difference between east and west finland. Ostrobothnia and karelia and their people are from like different worlds

It's frustratingly unfair that southern Sweden get completely overrun by the immigrants that middle Sweden keeps defending. I am all for that refugees of war and people in countries ravaged by war should get a second shot, but when you stuff them into the same fucking place in one city, you get ghettos, an increased crime-rate and general unrest. The people at the top handling everything and their voters, are not the people being remotely touched by it all.

I've always considered Finland as our greatest ally, and there is just something magical about your accents, reaching impossible levels of intelligence and sophistication when you talk our language.

t. living in Malmö, grew up with finnish step-mom

Northern Finland is probably undistinguished from Northern Sweden aside the language.

finland is probably undistinguished from sweden except the language and that we have even less culture than you have

>reaching impossible levels of intelligence and sophistication when you talk our language.

Please don't self hate.
if finland got less culture it's because of Stockholm jewing the rest of the country, western and eastern Sweden, of it for centauries.

Well I'm probably basing alot of this on finnish intellectuals and Tove Jansson + Mark Levengood who I grew up with reading moomin for me.

I'm not talking about the "hejj jag heter homo-petter jag är pög" that I've encountered here before.

finnish culture is just drinking the shittiest piss tasting lager beer you can get and then passing out in the sauna

>finnish """"""intellectuals""""""""

those hejj jag heter homo peter people that you described is about 80% of the population of finland

What is "Swedish or Finnish culture" anyway, besides mämmi, sauna, midsommar and köttbullar?

Just admit it, we're all Americans culturally speaking.

The most obvious reasons are lack of large production facilities and lack of the large roads. For example, Viipuri was one of the major finnish ports, as far as I know. After the Winter War Vyborg became one of the many Baltic ports - too far from Leningrad and other industrial and resource centers. So one of the major income sources until the Fall was tourism. After the fall of USSR the in-country tourism lost its popularity, because it wasn't very prestigious and because everyone was too poor to travel. In 2000s traveling around the country still isn't as prestigious. And most of the tourists want to visit cheap and warm regions - Turkey, Egypt, Tunisia, Thailand, indian Goa, Greece and Aegean islands. Rich people choose Italy, poor people stay in Sochi or Crimea.

shitty post, why do aussies even post here

>those hejj jag heter homo peter people that you described is about 80% of the population of finland

And we expect nothing else from you. Never fucking change though, you're the greatest neighbor possible.