What country has the best education system on Earth and why is it China?

What country has the best education system on Earth and why is it China?

American education system:
>doesn't give good results
>poor schools rely on rote memorization, free thinking and questioning the teacher are not allowed
>classes are dumbed down to the stupidest student
>grades are altered to keep parents happy
>sports get higher priority for funding, but physical education keeps getting it's budget gutted
>"good" schools focus on feel good method of teaching that still give poor results
>rich schools pretty much operate like Asian public schools

Other urls found in this thread:

ezinearticles.com/?Why-Dont-Asian-Students-Ask-Questions-in-Class?&id=1445175
oecd.org/edu/school/Education-in-China-a-snapshot.pdf
nwp.org/cs/public/download/nwp_file/10523/Carol_Tateishi_Taking_a_Chance_with_Words.pdf?x-r=pcfile_d
iteslj.org/Techniques/Zhenhui-TeachingStyles.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

(1) Chinese education system emphasize heavily on early year development. Reason is a child's brain absorbs and retains information better in early years.

(2) Chinese education system place more emphasis on math and science in early years.

(3) typical Chinese 5th grader would be studying pre-calculus. typical US 8th grader is at algebra I (pre-geometry).

(4) US education system has more funding in University level, better equipment, etc. But China is catching up quickly. This mostly due to relative economic conditions. As China get richer, its universities are becoming more numerous and better funded.

(5) Chinese education system is way more competitive, which means way more test based competition, and way more rote-practice for test preparations. US education system is headed that way, due to increased competition. That's just inevitable.

Think about it, if US had as many students as China has, how would US schools (even private schools, charter schools) sort out who deserve a seat in the better schools?? TESTS, lots and lots of TESTS. And if there are LOTS of tests, what do you think the US parents would do to prepare their kids?? LOTS of test prep and tutoring, JUST like Chinese parents.

it's not because of the population that forces the parents to adapt to that mindset but rather the discrepancy between good college education and all other forms of opportunity

education has always been important in chinese history, technological know-how in the 21st century and inequality makes it that much more competitive

if china had the school system the us has they would still learn their math skills the same way

chinese education is shit

>cheating is ok as long as you aren't caught because it's not against confucius
>plagarism is ok because all knowledge is already known and you're just combining it in a new way
>logic doesn't exist because it's a western concept

if it was so good they wouldn't send their kids here to public schools for 10k a year

>responding to a post based on facts with personal anecdotes

Really convinced me there, Pajeet.

>western classroom
>have question
>ask teacher and they explain it to you

>asian classroom
>have question
>keep it to yourself because you would be disrespecting the teacher by implying they aren't teaching everything

I had a instructor who did a semester at one of their universities. He said he liked it because he was treated as a god by his students, but he doesn't understand how something so inefficient can be sustained.

First off no one ever held up US education as a model

Now tell me, if Chinese education is so good, why did you/your parents run away to America ?

Is it because your "best" education system couldn't give you any decent money in China ? Could it be that social networking and school-business partnerships are more important than memorizing IQ tests ? Could it be that a Harvard bullshit gender studies degree is in fact worth more than the average math degree from Chingchangchong province ? Could it be that Americans are so much better at marketing in such a way that American schools are more prestigious and ranked #1 all over regardless of the actual quality of education ? Could it be that's precisely the reason why you aren't in oh-so-perfect China right now ? If any of those statements are true (they are) how can you seriously pretend your system is better ?
mmmmh really made me think

I'm American.

Also,
>believing the Asians invented nothing meme
Kek

>responding to a post based on facts
show me facts in anything you posted?

critical thinking is a skill learned in western schools, chinks like you clearly never learned it

hmm

why there are fucktons of chinese international students in US and Canadian uni while almost zero american in Chinese uni?

chinese love to get shitty education?

When did i say that ? Never that's when

All I'm saying as an objective and unbiased European, is that, even though i'd be less knowledgeable, i'd much rather a US degree than a Chinese one

they are not here to get educated better per se but to get better support for their degrees

Hmm

Why do Chinese students excel and are by far the best students while leaving muricans in the dust?

This. It gets them better job opportunities because of the fake brands these university names carry.

Asian edu system is bullshit
try eu one

>brands
>fake
"hello yes i understand absolutely nothing to how the world works"

The Dutch education is pretty good compared to most foreign systems. But there is still lots of room for improvement.

>dumb kids (4 levels available), normal kids (1 level available) and smart kids (2 levels available) go to different schools
>on every education level you can choose between four packages of subjects (for normies it's economics/society, culture/society, nature/science, nature/health)
>education is very broad
>every level of education has a matching post-high school education where you can specialize

The downside of our system:
>everyone can open a school and get funding, on the condition that all subjects are taught in such a way the students can do the national final exams

there's a big difference between the two types of chinese international students

>middle class and trying to get an outside education so they can ultimately leave china

>upper class and like being away from family supervision and banging whores with your 20k a month allowance

i mean the ones that already have a undergraduates in a competitive chinese university, hence they were "chinese educated"

the princelings are not, if they were from china they would have went to an international school anyway

>high base iq + slavery achieves barely better results than western education
Really makes you ponder

Dumb kids do a follow up education where you work with your hands (fixing cars, wielding, nursing, cooking, etc)

Normal kids do a follow up bachelor education where you learn a profession based on applied sciences (engineering, IT, architecture, managing, accounting etc)

Smart kids do a follow up master education where science and abstract knowledge is taught (math, chemistry, biology, history, medicine, law)

>>keep it to yourself because you would be disrespecting the teacher by implying they aren't teaching everything
Not that I'm saying chinese education is good but you're clearly making shit up.

i think it's different here because there's a path to citizenship as a student, MScs come and take first year arts classes at colleges

I've had multiple guest speakers say the same thing
ezinearticles.com/?Why-Dont-Asian-Students-Ask-Questions-in-Class?&id=1445175

my description might be a little off, but they don't ask teachers anything, it's in their culture to keep quiet if they don't know something

appearance of everything functioning is more important than things actually functioning

>path to citizenship as a student
then they are doing that instead of the professionals working route

ching chong ping itt

here's your 50 cents, go buy some rice now

they are

to go the strictly working route you need an employer to sponsor you, but to go the college route you just need 7-15k a semester depending on the school and program

I can see problems with it, but I'd rather immigrants pay us than we pay illegal migrants

Well i think you've got to get a balance of being a kid, and preparing for the future. If China's anything like Japan, where I've been to school, the workload is too much and too much emphasis is placed on rote learning instead of problem solving.

You're comparing a bad education system with a shit one to justify why the bad one is the best.

>turning children into mental slaves is considered a good education system around here
It's obviously finland, even though their system doesn't differ that much from most Europeans. It's just much harded to become a teacher and good teachers are key.
People who focus on the children are bullshitting themselves

British education is pretty stellar.
Particularly primary education when I was that age like 14 years ago or something.

>tfw studied tax law (bretty good at accounting, math, sociology and Dutch)
>I can't become a teacher

>meanwhile dumb fucks who studied elementary school teaching who are notable for not being able to do high school math and spend their time inventing games for children
>they can teach here

ching chong pong

the most similar one to chinese one is sk

ching chong immigrants dont know how 科挙s tradition has worked there.

Exactly. People who are eager for something can't become teachers, cuz they didn't study any educational sciences. On the other hand people who have no idea what they actually want in live, decide for becoming a teacher just as a result of their stupidity.
The whole system is just fucking state bureaucracy. Privatise this shit already.

Italy and France have the best education systems

>mass cheating and rote memorising maoist propaganda is great education

4当5落

four (hours) pass, five (hours) fail

japs idea of acceptable hours of sleep

is that why you guys are so short, sleep deprivation during puberty?

I don't know if it's their education system or just the culture but it seems like chinks are just very good at cramming information, not so much actually doing anything innovative with it.

everyone is good at cramming
westerns are just more impatient

ching chong ping pong

no argument and it makes no point to ops delusions that is far from the reality, like always

>making fun of a language that literally your own country speaks

>placement of literally
>making fun of someone making fun of a language

Didn't Japan copy all of Chinese language? As well as most of Chinese cultural shit? Lmao

Nip got BTFO

You formed your perception based on what, some random guy over the internet's anecdote? Well then I guess my personal experience is just as valid.

I don't about others but in my experience throughout HS and university nobody aside from that guy asks questions during lectures, it doesn't matter how hard the lecturers try to encourage us. It's more likely because my courses were full of engineering autists since I've heard there are plenty of debate and discussion going on during class in something like law or liberal arts. I don't see how this is a "problem" unique to china's education system or asian cultures in general.

Nip too BTFO to respond

I'm just gonna leave this here, goodbye
oecd.org/edu/school/Education-in-China-a-snapshot.pdf

>programmers for student assesment
>programmers

into the trash it goes

>anecdote

do you want a peer reviewed study of number of questions asked per class?

you're like a russian asking for proofs that water is wet

nwp.org/cs/public/download/nwp_file/10523/Carol_Tateishi_Taking_a_Chance_with_Words.pdf?x-r=pcfile_d
iteslj.org/Techniques/Zhenhui-TeachingStyles.html

can you actually say anything contrary to asian learning? or are you just saying I'm wrong for no reason at all

why are you posting this?
Even those who can read chinese won't bother because it's too long

the one you posted above is comparing city students versus rural students in zhejiang province in china

desu famalamsempai

>too much emphasis is placed on rote learning instead of problem solving

Chinese cheat a lot. Their professor to student ratio is ludicrous, even with helpers.

>shanghai-China
>second lowest

Chinese students are often pretty retarded in my experience. Most can only know things by heart and have a lot of trouble applying anything.
Pajeets that make it here are almost all top- level, while with Chinese it's like 25% useful people

Shanghai has always been a haven of cheats and frauds

aren't these companies formed as part of some investor visa?

I'm not going to argue Chinese education is superior, I'm not in a position to say something intelligent about that, but I will say that lately western education has been a lot more 'feeling' centric and... well, feminine. A few years ago Japanese universities cut a lot of funding from humanities and Western universities flipped their shit. I understand the Japanese move: the once respectable field of humanities has now effectively become a progressive propaganda machine.

>rote memorising

You do know India has a 74% literacy rate, right? Over 300 million of them can't fucking read or write. That's combined with their low ass average IQ, and what do you see? Geniuses because of the ones who are smart enough to make it to Belgium?

I see upper class people or "geniusses" educated at high to top tier universities in both countries. The ones from one country are generally competent, while those from the other are generally not.

>hurr durr jap culture is 100% chinese invention
okay okay to prove your """argument""" right, ask your Chinese friends what this means:
アメリカ人はショッピングモールで糞をもらす世界一のお笑い人種だ

If Japanese language is no different than Chinese they can easily understand this

why so rude

Really makes you think

based on the kanji i can already guess it
no 1 shit race?

Sorry I went too far
yeah pretty close
Actually it means "yanks are #1 comedy gold tier race who shart in the mart."

Here in Spain there is a fetish for the finnish education system, but I'm not sure what it means.
As a masters student myself, If I could promote a education system it would be one with few students per teacher, less than 10, with a formation in few but important things, instead of learning a bit of everything but forgetting it soon, and a heavy rely in valors, laws, rights...
And Im not a law student, I'm actually an engineer, but I've studied so much useless shit...

Ex-expat here, lived in beijing.

Id invite any of those who believe china's school system to be good and chinese peoples to be intelligent to visit or live in china for a few years. you'll fall down quick. Chinese peeps are friendly, helpful and resourceful... but they're far from intelligent, this is even more evident when you travel further inside china.

I'm triggered, in short:

>chinese education makes kids book smart
>however they don't develop the creativity to innovate their own ideas
>So their engineers can probably take an apple iphone and reverse-engineer, understand how it works to make a knock off
>But they won't be able to come up with the original idea of the iphone

>Maybe american education falls a bit behind other western countries but they still exceed china in education.
>In america's defence though they still have the best universities

PD: ¿Otro ingeniero?

>American education

>browsing Youtube
>happen on a clip of an American school shooting drill
>they stop the class, shut off the lights and huddle up in a corner
>some dude roams around and playshoots kids in classrooms?
>kids in the video say they hold these drills often and longest lasted 5 mins
>read comments
>full of kids saying their class is never quiet during their drills
wtf america?

>Why do Chinese students excel and are by far the best students while leaving muricans in the dust?
You say that as if it was something hard to achieve.

My friend did his last year of HIghschool over the US, his Physics teacher was REALLY BEMUZZLED when the whole class had an assignment of converting speeds from MPH to KMH through some shitty method and my friend simply multiplied everything for 1,6.
That day he became God.

Yeah we called those lockdown drills. If I'm not mistaking they have been a thing since columbine.

Is this why chinese have such high iqs?

>France
>Go to school from 8pm to 6pm
>On top of that, loads of homework
>Only formal relationships with teachers

>all the students have to cheat in order to graduate
lmfao