/sino/

六盘水 Edition

Resources for learning Mandarin:
learnnc.org/lp/pages/6427
resources.allsetlearning.com/chinese/pronunciation/
resources.allsetlearning.com/chinese/grammar/
mdbg.net/chindict/chindict.php
gloss.dliflc.edu
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/zhongwen-chinese-english/kkmlkkjojmombglmlpbpapmhcaljjkde

Resources for learning Cantonese:
guidetocantonese.wordpress.com/start/
cantonese.sheik.co.uk/
cantonese.sheik.co.uk/dictionary/
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cantonese-popup-dictionar/pjnbhojkojmibobcpfgihhnohboldhip

Best smartphone dictionary (supports both Mandarin and Cantonese): pleco.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/88/Yuan_collection.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=8O21nBSZbrQ
youtube.com/watch?v=PyNQ4gc7b2A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What's your reason for learning Chinese? (anyone who might come ITT)

Just curious

Preparing for the future

台灣女孩的腳

That would mainly only be relevant for high level business people and translators though, yeah?

Degenerate

I'm studying international business so it's a good excuse to learn another language

Fair enough

>tfw have a 仡佬的朋友

Communicating with my Guizhou friends, and Chinese people in general.

Any good *recent* movie recommendations?

Watch 君の名は with 中文字幕

I didn't come to this chinese cartoon board to be recommended japanese anime

But that's literally what every 中国年轻人 is watching right now

台灣獨立 星爆氣流斬

>台灣獨立 星爆氣流斬
your army can't even hold 10 seconds you know

it doesnt matter
there are many countries with weak military

哥们儿们 大家今晚都在干啥来着

Can't Taiwan, Hong Kong, and mainland just get along?

Hong Kong's just a city and less relevant than Shanghai these days.
And Taiwan's filled with fucking weeaboos. KMT's ok but I can't have weebs representing the Chinese (nothing against the Japanese).

bump

>hong kong less relevant than shanghai
prove it

Much higher GDP.
Yes I know the average Hong Kong citizen is wealthier, but as a whole that makes it less relevant.
Kinda like how the US is the big daddy even though its citizens aren't the most well off median-wise.

I TOLD YOU TO GET ALONG

中俄美友谊万岁!

I can get a scholarship to do a masters (2 years maximum) in Taiwan. Thing is I'm on my late 20s and right now unemployed.

Should I take it? Or is it a waste of time?

Or should I take the 6 month sholarship to only study chinese (I'm already fluent but never visited asia)

where the FUCK did these threads go

heaven

Go to Taiwan

To 西藏 probably

For a masters? Or for language?

Masters if you want. It'll probably be an experience you'll look back upon with fondness.

Are you Taiwanese? I'd like to ask a few questions.

Thanks btw for your replies

Nah, just an American Guizhou-boo who studies zhongwen.

Ok. Was going to ask about part time jobs during the masters anyways.

Probably the embassy can give more info.

Xièxie nî, pěngyóu.

I got interested after reading Confucius and Lao-tzu
And a few ghost stories.

这是今天的制帐串吗

Another yellow fever and China bashing thread.

I want to be able to speak with some people I like.

What's the Chinese equivalent of a nickel and can I have one

so, I cannot speak chinese and I am a quarter indian. The rest of me is chink. How do I get a taiwanese gf?

>制帐串
?

>唔識中文
港狗定系外教?

No can no bb

All Chinese scums should die horribly! Second Rape of Nanking when?

因为在大学一年级的时候我想学习一个外语和汉语看起来最有意思和有用的外语。

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/88/Yuan_collection.jpg

1/2 yuan is about equal to an American dollar but in denominations it's more similar to two quarters, also you can have one if you go to an exchange office. They usually have them in major cities or in big international airports.

港狗定外教都唔會明你噏乜制帳串啦

>学習一点児漢語。
>去紹興
>紹興人質問対我。
>zanheyan? pokkinyan? ah, seppin yan!

I like Chinese food

紹興話?

Simplified please, no one can read this chicken scratch

I mean equal to a nickel

wont communicate in inferior chinese

maybe.

Shaoxin hua and Shanghai hua was completely different from Mandarin...

Been studying it for 6 years now. While my original motivation was just to help me get a job in the US government, I just ended up really liking the language. Now I've spent all-together three years in China, I have Chinese friends, and I'm a huge China watcher.

Very funny how a chinese colony tries to talk shit
now bend down and kiss my feet

I've never been to Taiwan, but everyone I know who has lived there long-term loves the country.

Plus if you're unemployed, already speak Chinese, and assuming this is a full scholarship, what do you have to lose?

Any chinese people with any amount of money already know english

zanheyan 上海人
seppinyan 日本人

the chinese are shit
never ever trust them

>住在中国两年多了
>9月底回美国了
>你的名字上个星期在中国上映了
>我的中国朋友本周三去电影院看
>我住在东岸,所以我不能去洛杉矶看
>我只能下载那个垃圾的海贼版
>如果我要在电影院里看你的名字,我大概还要等两个月多

我为什么回国了…

I don't mind traditional but I can't understand written Cantonese

How long did it take to be fluent?

你好。我是一个德国人。^^
我今年14岁 xD
你们好吗? :)

Well I attended grad school in China, and I had to pass a Chinese test to get in. So I'd say that the end of undergrad was when my Chinese was semi-fluent.

However, I still consider my Chinese advanced rather than fluent. My pronunciation and grammar still needs work for instance. I could probably pass HSK5, not sure about HSK6 though.

I wanna live in Shenzhen

为什么

Anddddddd were back

Long time no see mister "Xiamen doesn't speak the same language as Taiwan"

Of they did it wouldn't be called Taiwanese naww uh

Except elderly Xiamen Fujianese literally are the siblings of some elderly Taiwanese. Of course, their populations are very small now after so long, but they speak the same language to each other on a daily basis.

The "Taiwanese" language is essentially the same as if we started calling American English, the "American" language.

Of course there are some slang differences, but the spoken language is the same.

I've always wondered, is there noticeable differences in Fujian 闽南话 and Taiwan 闽南话?Like, if a Taiwanese guy came to Fujian and spoke 闽南话 with a local, would the local Fujianese be able to tell from the accent that the guy is Taiwanese?

I've always wondered, is there noticeable differences in Fujian 闽南话 and Taiwan 闽南话?Like, if a Taiwanese guy came to Fujian and spoke 闽南话 with a local, would the local Fujianese be able to tell from the accent that the guy is Taiwanese?

Do it. Wheter you come back or remain there, it will be a good experience and you'll have a degree from an asian institution, something most people in the west don't. Also it would be less chaotic for a westerner to visit Taiwan than China. The cultural shock isn't that big in Taiwan.

t.Taiwanese diaspora

Consider this post a bump

The hottest girl to have ever existed?

Most definitely yes.

Oh wow haha you attached the wrong image buddy.
Here let me help you out.

youtube.com/watch?v=8O21nBSZbrQ

hebe is the og waifu. yall niggas doing it wrong.

Disgustingly average

Honourable mention

Why are Guangdong girls so precious?
I want to kiss her gums.

youtube.com/watch?v=PyNQ4gc7b2A

>tfw thinking of going to university in Taiwan or something but my chinese isn't good enough
Should I do it anyway? My chinese is good enough to have normal, everyday conversations with people, but actually studying there would be much harder I imagine. Might study chinese for a few months first to catch up but I don't know if that's going to be enough or if it's even worth it.

If you can have sex with an average of 5 different girls per week it would be worth it no matter what.

That would've been nice