Did anyone else go to a meme college whose teams are never talked about on Sup Forums?

Did anyone else go to a meme college whose teams are never talked about on Sup Forums?

>tfw D-II
Yeah

RPI is DI hockey. DIII everything else pretty much.

Good thing hockey is my favorite sport

University of Cincinnati class of 04

UC Bearcats aka The Fighting Hoodrats

Had multiple classes with football players. They all had Asian study "assistants" who came to every class with them, took notes for them (while players slept or hollered at bitches on their cell phones). They were permitted to take all their exams privately with the tutors.

One time in ethics class this player named ladarius got up in class to read his paper on Hume and could seriously not read past a 5th grade level. He pronounced Hume as "HUM-EE" even though we'd been talking about him for weeks. The paper was obviously written by the Asian, it was eloquent, detailed, thoughtful and full of words ladarius didn't even attempt to pronounce.

The professor got PISSED, pointed at Asian tutor and told him and ladarius to come to his office now and dismissed us.

Next class got cancelled, the following week we had class again and ladarius was there with his same tutor and the professor was in don't give a fuck mode the rest of the semester. Easy A for everybody. Last class ladarius was obviously told to apologize to the professor for whatever backroom greaseball athletic committee tactics he'd been pressured by and the professor said "I don't want to hear it, you don't get what this is about and no one else does either".

He was supposed to teach next semesters ethics 3 but was gone. Dunno if he transferred or quit or what .

Heard ladarius played afl or some other shitshow but never any NFL tryouts.

UC is a shithole full of criminals, liberals, scum and villainy.

Ya VCU class of 2016, we don't even have a football team. All about basketball.
A few people on Sup Forums have heard of us only because of basketball and HAVOC memes. Most notably the Michigan game a few years ago.

Yes

>tfw division 1 meme school

i 've been to bakersfield, doesn't seem that bad. area surrounding it like lake isabella was pretty tranquil and relaxing desu. hear Cal State Bako has a pretty good engineering school too

ukropps still a thing in virginia?

yup. Hate everything about this place.

No one gives a shit about Washington teams unless it's Huskies, Cougs, and maybe Zags.

The stores have closed sadly but many Ukrops products and baked goods are maintained at the re-branded Martin's stores.

>hate everything

There are bars on the edge of campus and you can run home to mommy every weekend to do laundry. What's the fucking problem?

I went to college to get an education and not a fucking sports-team i can support.

Enough money gets blown on lazy ass dropouts already.

UC San Diego
The only division II UC school, feels bad man

I go to Ohio State

does that count?

most colleges with top tier education systems have good DI sports teams

if your university's sports suck, it's likely because your university sucks. (Ivies excluded). You weren't good enough to get into a better university.

Hey, we got talked about for a hot second when we were in the tournament and were leading in the first half

>tfw no one cares about college hockey

>HBCU

i thought they were moving to d1

>I went to college to get an education

wew

Ummmm....the entire academic culture?

ANd what's this laundry shit? My parents live far and even if they didn't I wouldn't do laundry there.

ALTERNATIVES:
1. You went somewhere to which you can commute, in order to save money
2. You went somewhere where you got a scholarship

But yeah, other than that, you'd be a fucking moron to go to some shit-tier school at full price.

>tfw SEC powerhouse

Kys plebs

Not him but if you're gonna hate on your school's academic culture, you shoulda got into a better school
Who Towson here

>He pronounced Hume as "HUM-EE" even though we'd been talking about him for weeks.

some schools have extremely strong programs in one area while being otherwise shitty schools, there's absolutely nothing wrong that. It's gotten to the point where "elite" schools are just high priced babysitters that have non-aggression pacts with their delicate little flowers aka "students" anyway.

so if you want to be a vet, you don't go to Stanford, you go to Kansas State.

i thought college hockey was a meme for shitters too bad to get drafted after 4 years of jr hockey.

d2 master race

NAIA reporting in

Go Jesusball

>what is northwestern
>what is Illinois
>what is Vanderbilt
>what is Texas

Etc.

Ultimate meme school where all the athletics teams suck and interbreed there sucky athletic genes

We dont have football so we dont get talked about.

Great lacrosse team and a middling basketball team. I've graduated but when i was there the basketball team was great, elite eight but >tfw no final four

Geologists are based as fuck

>tfw D2

I don't know what you're talking about, everyone on here went to Alabama, USC, or OSU.

Do you actually go to Cal State Bakersfield OP?

I don't understand why anyone would willingly live in that hellhole.

Holy shit. I grew up in Hilo.

Why the fuck would you go to UHH if you didn't already live there?

/cfb/ thought we were ELITE until we got shat on by Michigan. I have never seen us mentioned on Sup Forums since.

>top tier education

you really only see a difference at the graudate/professional level, undergrad is very similar everywhere with a few exceptions. which is why its stupid to overpay for some out of state prestige school (unless youre rich of course)

What's bad about the academic culture?

This, Geo master race.

Current UC student here. Things haven't changed

>implying anybody cares about D3 schools with no football programs

>UCLA
There's one tripfag constantly memeing but he makes us look worse. That and the fact we forgot how to play basketball the last few seasons.

Way too expensive

>Vanderbilt

Uhh ok

Feels awful man

SUNY Albany, DI Lacrosse and Basketball, who gives a shit about the rest? I sure nobody went to watch our football games.

Minnesota State University

The only time we are mentioned was on the old football show 'Coach'

>UVA
Fuck ~90% of the people that go here but the sports are generally great save our literal ass football team. I don't really frequent Sup Forums so I'm not sure how much we get talked about. Outside of /cbb/ I wouldn't imagine much, and even then we were probably just getting shit on for that elite 8 collapse.

>meme college

>class of 04
Bruh, you're like 36. What are you still doing here?

>academic culture
Negro, WHAT academic culture. You went to North Texas, what did you think you were getting?

I have a four-year degree, classes were easy, the entire campus cleared out on weekends so all the DFW babbies could go hang out with their parents or high school friends. I, too, was from somewhere farther away, but even with the influx of FBS $$$, it's still UNT.

Get your degree, get out, go find a real academic institution for post-grad. You're there because it's cheap and you know this.

Of North Texas? There isn't any, it's a school you go to if you don't wanna spend $$ to get a degree.

Shit, I thought that was a fictional school they made up for the show. Go Screaming Eagles.

North Texas grad here. You played us at the New Orleans Bowl in 2002. We won.

The few fans I met in town were very nice, but on the NT side there were about 15-20k fans, on the UC side of the Superdome there were maybe... 700? Bad showing, senpai.

Of course, your superior football culture got the call up to the AAC, because reasons.

What would Sup Forums reaction be to George Mason's 06 tournament run?

Remember they beat both North Carolina and UConn

My professor wanted me to go to grad school there for applied econ. Kind of glad it didn't turn out.

Plus the biggest city I've lived in was Fargo, ND and the culture shock to going to a place half black as a country bumpkin would have probably made me go mad

Was Sup Forums around then? I know Sup Forums was, someone probably has a cap.

"Apeshit," I would imagine, except back then we didn't just make up meaningless terms for shit we didn't like.

>Remember they beat both North Carolina and UConn

and Sparty in their opening match as well.

You adjust. It's all about getting the education.

Even if you went someplace also-white, like Des Moines or, I dunno, Oklahoma, you just learn that shit like you're learning your degree.

(you)

FUCK YEAS NAWLINS BOWL. Tickets 10 times cheaper than the Sugar Bowl, with 100% of the drinking and debauchery. What's not to love?

Anyone else drink cum through a straw?

Sorry, the geo master race is reserved for geographers, not geologists

I do it all the time with my friend who is also a boy, but not my boyfriend.

I went to Central University of Maine, some know better as CUM.

>my friend who is also a boy, but not my boyfriend.
Degenerate t b h pham

>Central University of Maine (real)
>Friends University of Central Kansas (real)
>Sam Houston Institute of Technology (fake)

I went to jr college there for like $800 a semester and I got an email saying I was automatically accepted into CSUB when I graduated from Jr College. It was pretty nice although summer school sucked ass when it was 105 degrees outside.

San Jose State here
at least I got an engineering internship this summer

Vanderbilt isn't a good school?

>le pretending to be retarded

Nah. We're pretty traditional.
'11 Econ Grad

where you went to school doesn't matter user. it's like the name on your bank card.

>finally get good
>MW invite
>start sucking again

WTAF

I'm a /RIT/ard. I guess our hockey team is passable.

New Orleans Bowl is definitely a great bowl to get for the students/fans. Was an amazing time this past season

Yes, I went to Idaho State University, located in Pocatello, Idaho (Google it). Athletic teams are the Idaho State Bengals, and are part of NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision (FCS, one level below Football Bowl Subdivision, or FBS).

Bemidji State

Without googling it no one would know who Bucky is....

nothing really that user just being butt blasted because of something i guess, pretty good school like people said decent price just depends what you get your degree in, some degrees have better professors than others.

I thought you were the Beavers?
I'm from northern Minnesota

Yes, but we actually made it into March Madness this year.

it matters for like the first 2 or 3 years of your career then your work ethic should speak for itself

Surf and geology program is good

The geographers are the niggers of the science world

>La Tech finally gets a local bowl
It must've been, I wish your opponent had been coming from a direction other than north of you.

>tfw canadian university

do most american university students go to school somewhere different from where they live?

the majority of people in Canada go to school in the province they live.

If you live in manitoba you go to the university of manitoba and live at home while they do it

why is this?

something about losing our coach to a school with more dosh

To learn to be more independent, that's why most of us don't rely on our government to wipe out ass

I'm graduating with an Econ degree next year, what did you guys do after?

who else /WHAT NEXT/ here?

NIGGAS KNOW POCATELLO

Idaho City POWER RANKINGS:
1) Boise
2) Moscow
3) Couer d'alene
4) Pocatello

Never been there either, I've just learned these from /cfb/.

my whole last years tuition was >6 grand

I also have worked throughout my full university career.

>tfw no debt when i graduate
feels good.

No clue, does the gov't not pay for housing?

In the U.S. you can go to school wherever you want (if you can afford it), so if you live in California and want to attend uni in Florida (though I can't think of why anyone would), you can go experience a new culture, people, and academic program.

And also not all academic programs (or pricing) is the same, maybe in Canadia they're all the same, I dunno.

lots of students go to in state schools but loads of states are fuck huge and you could live 500 miles away from your parents.

Lots of meme flyover schools are desperate for talent. IE my little brother would not have a snowballs chance in hell at making the baseball team on UCLA got a full ride scholarship to some meme university in Nebraska to play ball

I worked in something called trade compliance which I hated and had an overbearing cunt of a boss. I then worked in accounts receivable

I'm hoping to get my masters because an Econ undergrad degree isn't worth much, but a masters is worth a lot.

I went to the college of hard knocks nigga

OPTION A: Get a job.
OPTION B: Continue education @ grad school
OPTION C: Move back in with parents, eat cheetos all day.

no government would not pay for housing.

Most universities have similar prices, but generally cheaper and have tax breaks for in-province students. also, lots of people save a ton of money living at home.

They make a lot of money from international students who pay a ridiculous amount in tuition.