What is with Euros and tagging...

What is with Euros and tagging? Everywhere you look around Europe old buildings and even landmarks are covered in the shit...

Who does it? Whats the general public reaction? Why isn't there more effort to stop it?

The romans already did it, you can find phrases such as "the one who reads that is a cunt" or "random_roman_name was here" carved on walls.

Here is Paris

Gypsies.

Yes ?.. that's just vandalism m8

Why isn't there more effort to clean it up and prevent it?

In the US if tagging was everywhere on say the Empire State Building it would be removed in a few days.

That buildings isn't even 150 years old, so of course nobody cares.

At least in here you're allowed to tag/draw political messages. It's a leftover of having a fascist and censoring regime for 40 years.

So nowadays the commie youth does this kind of bullshit to our monuments. These are the stairs to our oldest University and the reason of existence of a whole city. This isn't even denouncing anything, just campaigning.

These cunts in particular weren't arrested or made to clean, but at least one guy gloated about it in public (they did it during the night) and got his shit kicked. It has since been cleaned, but still.

It frankly pisses me off, but usually only occurs around the letters department of the University where the imbecile ideologists hang out.

Well the graffiti on the bridge in Venice is just on temporary construction bits, the building in Paris is just some random shop. Not really comparable to the Empire State building

You'd think they'd come up with their own style instead of using American nigger font

This isnt temporary construction.

In touristic areas, they clean them. It's just that they're back one day later. Can't do anything against that until we get the Demolition Man anti-tag technology.

>da Vinci and Michelangelo might have walked on this street

and get a bucket of swill on his head

Edgy kids believing its art and freedom of expression

We don't have this

Lefties do the same in the some parts of my Uni too, those fuckers get triggered by some non tagged public space for some reason. Really can't understand the mindset behind that.

Tbh I feel like that's a bit different than shit like this

Yeah, I sort of misread your post.
But maybe other countries have similar anti-censorship laws that are protecting people of being prosecuted?

Plus, remember that a 200 year old building isn't anything particularly special here.

I mean, why not posters? Those can be removed.

They put lots of posters too, but can't resist spray paint, they fucking love ruining nice things .

I noticed a lot of this when I went to Paris and thought it was just some local thing... does this happen all over Europe?

The irony of it all is that it was that very same regime that built their particular faculty building.

Which is probably for the best, otherwise they'd be ruining this, which is where it used to be.

yes

I was there when this building "De drie Vyzels" dating from 1637 collapsed when workers removed a supporting element from the building. It's next to the green house of the world famous painter Jheronimus Bosch. I feel terrible knowing the spot will be replaced with a poorly designed building.

Tagging is not allowed here, but sometimes there has been made am exception.

However, writing "Fuck the king" on our King's guest palace is still forbidden.

Ok, let's vote,
nations of EU,
Those for banning spray paint of type defined in doc.1 press YES
Those against, press NO.