Can someone explain the point of constriction for me?

Can someone explain the point of constriction for me?
Surely it makes sense if you're in the middle of war and all the proper soldiers are already dead or something but in peace time doesn't it make sense to spend to money and resources getting proper volunteers and giving them proper supplies and benefits for doing it to encourage them to proudly serve their country?

What is the purpose of having some random highschoolers and making them clean toilets and shit for 3 years?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qB3KlnS2V-Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

conscription

Constipation?

contraption?

If you're going all in war you already have trained soldiers ready to deploy

youtube.com/watch?v=qB3KlnS2V-Y
This video explains it pretty well

Contraction?

constitution?

Conglomerate?

confliction?

Your nasty guy I won't reply to your board.

connectorization?

Concatenation?

contractualization?

confederation?

contextualization?

conceptualization?

Constitution?

Condensation?

construction?

Conglomeration?

contraception?

content?

conspiration?

It teaches them to be productive citizens and teaches them what it's like not living in mommy's house. I guarantee you countries with conscription have less NEETs

contemplation?

Convalescence?

convection?

contrition?

confutation?

configuration?

>Can someone explain the point of constriction for me?

Ssssssssure... I can give it a ssssssssshot...

Universal conscription, national service, etc., whatever you call it, has the following potential benefits:

- imbue military virtues, discipline, response to authority, recognition of hierarchy, and patriotism in the next generation
- keep young people out of trouble, away from crime, drugs, promiscuity
- cast the widest possible net to pick up full-time military talent
- be prepared in advance for total war, instead of having to draught and train conscripts in a hurry

I think there are a few others that I've neglected but this is basically the idea. It's a pretty sensible policy provided hippie sentiment/resentment doesn't undermine the first, and provided that lax control of soldiers doesn't undermine the second.

connection?

conniption?

conjuration?

conflagration?

concubine?

concessions?

concentrations?

Constantinople?

concrete?

Include me in the screenshot or ELSE

People are spending some time in the army and then they're in reserve. So, instead of keeping a huge amount of people on the service right now, like in America, you can save money and have a little army right now and expand it to the huge numbers during wartime

don't think so, kiddo

convection?

quite the opposite, institutionalization kills individualism and makes people less independent.

In wartime you haven't got a time for good training.

It's mostly useful for countries that are too small to form sizeable volunteer armies.

really feels nice on the old bollocks

Fortunately for countries like mine the EU removes any possibility of getting invaded, because our volunteer army could not engage in a war with either of our neighbours, would have to be guerrilas

War...war never changes

EDIT: WOW THANKS FOR THE REDDIT GOLD!

EDIT2: WOW I SMASHED MY HEAD AGAINST THE WALL OOPS HAHA

>imbue military virtues, discipline, response to authority, recognition of hierarchy, and patriotism in the next generation
>keep young people out of trouble, away from crime, drugs, promiscuity
>cast the widest possible net to pick up full-time military talent

>not invading Britain after they leave the EU

You guys owe them one, at least take back the north.

It's to late to train conscripts in the time of a war were your soldiers are dead already.

Soldiers from concrete are bulletproof?

The problem with invading the north is you have to keep the north.

Not only is it an economic black hole but half of the population are protestants

>half of the population are protestants

then purge the heretics