Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1767

Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
djtguide.neocities.org/

Special Sup Forums FAQ:
>What's the point of this thread?
For learners of Japanese to come and ask questions and shitpost with other learners. Japanese people learning English can come too I guess.
>Why is it here?
The mods moved us here and won't let us go anywhere else.
>Why not use the pre-existing Japanese thread?
The cultures are completely different.
>Go back to Sup Forums
We'd like to. Bitch to the mods.

Previous thread:

>Junior year second semester
>Got lazy with class sign ups
>Might be forced to take JPN 1
Pray for me.

Fuck /jp/, let's stay here.

you need us?

Sup Forums is a shithole where we can do basically anything and no one cares. It's perfect for DJT. DJT is incompatible with /jp/.

>Sup Forums is a shithole where we can do basically anything and no one cares
t. Sup Forums blogger

>bumping it
neck じぶん

やっぱブラジル人だった

>neck じぶん
Don't do it user, you have so much to live for.

glad this shit thread moved to another board. it no doubt was out of place.

i couldnt like those DJT fags. they just want to speculate about the ways to learn the language, not about the language itself, and were just another fucking lazy anonymounses like those only watching lets play this game videos on YT without playing games but shitting on everything about it. they wont ever be able to make it.

Are you one of those Sup Forums posters?

How is it out of place, all the language learning threads on Sup Forums are on Sup Forums. The thread has been more about language learning here than anywhere else, where people insult the people learning as being bloggers because they don't simply talk about manga, anime and VNs.

i dont get what you mean but i post on Sup Forums for now. i defended them at first but noticed most of them are typical spineless fags who wont even give it a try in japanese. they seem more weaker than Sup Forums japanese posters

アスぺか

use sage

For one side I agree - being able to "blog" on Sup Forums (a.k.a. mention anything that is not a 2hu's pussy) is cool and if /jp/ sperglords cut it short, I will quit.

On the other hand, DJT is the only serious language learning thread on Sup Forums, a multicultural cesspit of memes where we are slowly losing quorum and can only be replaced by normalfags.

I am a huge weeb and my main medium of consumption is Doujin music - for which my Nippongo knowledge will become very handy. But how the fuck am I supposed to post only about that the entire time?
Even when I did it back in Sup Forums it was plainly ignored or shunned down, so I'm sure talking about Japanese in general will get me more input when I need it. Forcing learning through "on-topic media" will just hinder me back.

>where we are slowly losing quorum and can only be replaced by normalfags
we need to run them off when they show up here. anyone who talks about taking college classes needs to be shitposted into oblivion as they have been in the past

they wont do it but do circlejerking. i posted some detailed descriptions about the grammars here but none of them gave it a thought. same goes for what other relatively rational japanese posters did

thats all you can do. its crystal clear now that you are far shitter and more bigoted than learners on lang-8

No.

Fuck off.

>some detailed descriptions about the grammars
for example, what descriptions did you post here?

I believe that if reasonable people such as you and me tell the shunners to fuck off and "self-moderate" these people back to Sup Forums, /jp/ and the japaneseスレ, we can make /djt/ all that it was meant to be, an example of what language learning threads are meant to be, and have the other Sup Forums language threads follow our lead to bring Sup Forums back from the depths of shitposting. Let's bring back a quality standards, and eventually propose a list the ethics to the mods who then can moderate the crap out of all these language threads. (Rules such as no spoonfeeding info that is in the guide, yet giving the benefit of the doubt that any proper question is never too stupid as to be shat upon, and should be answered as is possible with a decent amount of respect, since language learners come in every form, beginner, intermediate and advanced)

We don't seem to be on the same page. The advantage of Sup Forums is having no overmoderation which is also a problem when it comes to board culture.

I like this.

Different user here. That would be a change for the better in my eyes, but you have to understand that what you're proposing here is that we, by ourselves, try to change an entire board's mindset. The rest of Sup Forums is here because they like its current board culture, and you know what? If they enjoy flag banter and country chatrooms, good for them. I don't, which is why I don't frequent Sup Forums, and I imagine most of you share my opinion, but to Sup Forums natives that's not undesirable or shitposting, and I don't think we should try (or would be able to) to force our 理想のSup Forums onto them.

That's why I posted my example of what the rules of etiquette would be. Let me be clearer with my idea.

The rules of etiquette would be for creating the optimal language learning environment, but not be a safe space or anything as silly or restrictive. These rules would make it so that if someone acts like a shitter, derailing the thread or simply insulting people, we would for the most part report these people and get them banned. These rules are for us, not for the mods, and as such they would only moderate when we mass report these particular people.

If these standards work out, the rules of etiquette could be stickied on Sup Forums for other language learning threads to follow, again without mod interference unless the people in the threads mass report individuals who obviously are being shitters and not even trying to follow these behavioral rules proposed in the sticky.

Yes I understand, but from what I can see, the flags were disruptive here for the first few days but it quickly subsided. The rest of Sup Forums which isn't language learning threads can keep doing whatever, what I'm proposing is a rule of etiquette for language learning threads specifically. Flag shitposting could be one of the rules, although it may not even be necessary seeing as /djt/ hasn't been subject to flag shitposting these past few days for the most part.

Fuck off leafy

Exactly my point, DJT is the only actual language learning thread on Sup Forums and it was forcefully moved here. We can't propose special rules for one thread or force other similarly minded threads to appear out of nowhere.

Why are there two DJT's? Which one is the real one?

Only time will tell. And I'll cheat and go to bed.

Good luck in whichever board proves to be true.

おはようおにいちゃん

かようびのあさに

なにたべよっか

What the hell? It's 18:00 here.

We can propose rules as guidelines against what we deem reportable behavior for shitting up language learning, and if these etiquette rules work for us, we can have the mod sticky them for other threads to follow. If the other threads want to follow these guidelines or not is up to them, but maybe some other language learning threads on Sup Forums are plagued by shitposting and wish to bring a standard of quality so as to be more efficient for the anons wishing to learn.

And heck, if only /djt/ changes for the better but not the rest of Sup Forums, so be it. At least we'll have made /djt/ better than the turd it became on Sup Forums or the attempted turd present on /jp/ as we speak.

And? NEET's don't keep regular sleep schedules. For instance i usually go to bed around noon.

あさの5じだよ

ごはんのじゅんびしよ

ごはんのじゅんびはたのしいぞい

Etymologically speaking, is 彼女 derived from 彼の女子?

I guessed mainly foreign animales are Amricans or Bragiles
this thread proved

What I've gathered so far

Recommended way to practice vocab: Anki

Recommended way to practice listening: subs2srs

Recommended way to practice reading: Manga/VN/Light Novels/Literature (not any one choice necessarily better than the others)

Recommended way to practice grammar: DBJG Anki deck after reading grammar book of choice

Recommended way to practice pronunciation: ???

Is this accurate?

no, manga is not reading

I don't think it's possible to change Sup Forums, the people here are too used to blogposting and random chatting, they'll never accept any other way. But that's no reason why we have to let DJT turn into that too, it's entirely possible to maintain a high quality general isolated from the rest of the shitty board. That's exactly what all my other generals do, after all.

Just need to make clear the kind of posts we expect here and redirect/report shitposting.

Fuck off.

かれのではなくて

かのじゃないかなあ

彼(か)の岸(きし)というのは
彼岸(ひがん)のことで

生まれた命はいつかはいかなきゃいけないどこかのことだよ

彼 just means "that, there"

彼方 - that way, over there
彼女 - that woman = she

as an asian girl i hate disgusting white male supremacists like you. you are not welcome in asia. stay in your mom's basement.

damn south korea with da bantz XD

そうか

And you're not welcome in Japan because hates Korea and its population

Japan hates*

What kanji did you learn today?

I learned:

Did you learn any useful kanji?

漢検1級でも取るの?

あんまりやくにたたないとおもうよ

I already know all the useful ones.

No I learned them from reading manga.

I don't know all of the useful ones yet but I still know quite a few of the ones you posted.

秩序のない勉強

Well I was exaggerating, I would consider all of the ones I posted useful, otherwise I wouldn't bother learning them. I just meant I know all the common ones already. :^)

Japanese is just only jealous.
Don't mind.

おにいちゃん朝風呂はいってね

くさいから

No wonder i couldnt find this thread anywhere on a

You don't know kanji at all.

Im in the same boat excpet im freshman ans should be taking jpn 2

うるせい、お前

these are only usefull

For example, there is a kanji of the left.
That is a kanji has most strokes in the world.
Though no one can read it. That is to say, it is useless.

There is a kanji of the right.
Those kanjis were made by Kithan they are kinds of Mongolians.
Though they are not used in the world today.
Therefore they are useless.

Today's kanji is common between Japan and China.
So it is usefull.
Kanji has a meaning of uniformity.

That is to say, you should not use kanji that other people don't know.

>うるせい
昭和っぽい

What does it mean?

Sup Forums, さよなら

先生、教えてお願い!

古臭い

I learn kanji that I see while reading. All of those characters are in somewhat common words. I won't go through all of them, but here are the first few:

闖入者
雨樋

襁褓

夢寐

etc.

what manga are you reading

断だ
るが

Lot's of manga, to be fair those are from about 200 words mined from the last few months, I just didn't get to adding them until today. I'm already mostly fluent.

This means "is it confirmed?"
If so yes, it is confirmed

This means stale!

"I refuse, so what?"

Is that the meaning to 断だるが?
If so then ask again, お願い、教えてください!

How many new cards should I be studying in anki per day?
Most people say 20 for stuff like Core2K, but since anki has an option to test writing as well as recognition does that mean 20 cards (10 new words, front/back) or 20 new words per day (so instead 40 cards).

he says ”だが断る”

だが断る! is a meme phrase.

memes are banned on Sup Forums

Anime was right, nips really are thick headed.

Oh

ha?

WHEN YOU WALK AWAY

ハh?

How do i write 削除用 in furigana?

にゃくにょにょう

No liar

Sorry, I have a cold.

Is there a site or something that has a list of onyomi (ordered by frequency, for example) that I can click to see all the related kanji?

For example in case someone wants to learn all the kanji with the onyomi コウ.

Also don't you sometimes get the feeling that the kanji with the same reading have some semantic content in common? Even when the radicals are different. Might just be my autism.

>memes are banned on Sup Forums

How can you have a cold on the internet?

Does 建造物 only mean building?

Just like you can have autism on the internet.

Autism is a myth user

yes

I need daily English thread
I hope someone makes it

This is daily english thread

What do you need help with?