/sino/

茅台镇 edition

Resources for learning Mandarin:
learnnc.org/lp/pages/6427
resources.allsetlearning.com/chinese/pronunciation/
resources.allsetlearning.com/chinese/grammar/
mdbg.net/chindict/chindict.php
gloss.dliflc.edu
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/zhongwen-chinese-english/kkmlkkjojmombglmlpbpapmhcaljjkde

Resources for learning Cantonese:
guidetocantonese.wordpress.com/start/
cantonese.sheik.co.uk/
cantonese.sheik.co.uk/dictionary/
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cantonese-popup-dictionar/pjnbhojkojmibobcpfgihhnohboldhip

Best smartphone dictionary (supports both Mandarin and Cantonese): pleco.com/

*flies into thread*

Why do hong kong posters get so anal about simplified chinese

It's an age old debate on the cultural value of traditional characters versus the ease of use of simplified.

Is writing hard for the native chinese too?
No way this could work on instinct.

My Chinese friend who has lived in the US for the past few years forgot how to write a lot of characters and when she was helping me with an essay I was writing, she had to look up in her dictionary how to write some basic characters. The same sort of thing happens in Japan as well with Kanji, because everybody just types nowadays.

only commies and commie cucks use simplified

It's similar to spelling-- you can recognize the word very easily, but recalling how to write something can be difficult.

They mad

there is no ease of simplified anymore because everyone types using roman letters now. simplified just looks ugly. period.

They like to pretend that the writing was simplified because of the Big Mean Communists when it reality it was going to be simplified no matter what, and they just held onto their old system for anti-Communists reasons-- a political incidence.

okay-- and before the handheld phone was predicted and there was widespread illiteracy they should have done what?

taiwan had widespread illiteracy too. they did fine.

mandarin is so fucking hard

study it for 4 years, didn't use it for quite some time, and i'm back to being illiterate

>mandarin is so fucking hard
it's the easiest language. you are very dumb.

We helped Taiwan, we still help Taiwan, Taiwan exists as it does because of us.

I don't agree that you can just hand-wave away a problem like illiteracy. What's an illiterate person supposed to do when they can't even read the contract that binds them to debt?

maybe for gooks like you who reads moonrunes daily, but not for me

>What's an illiterate person supposed to do when they can't even read the contract that binds them to debt?
you learn.
japan and taiwan was once very poor countries, they industrialized with traditional characters and their illiteracy is

Because simplified chinese is fucking ugly like mainlander.

Grammar does sound simple.
It's rather cool that the ending of the words don't differ just because it's a different situation.
Unlike hungarian where every ending depends what situation the object is in.

Mandarin's difficulty is way overrated but it's definitely not the easiest for native English speakers. We can almost read spanish with no study whatsoever.

For you though, who are not native at English, maybe Chinese is similar in difficulty to learning something like Spanish from scratch. But for English natives it pretty much couldn't get easier than spanish.

my first time in this thread and i am greeted by a buttblasted gook who probably got his face rekt by surgery failure because he didn't look like his k-pop idol

kek

I've been playing 少女咖啡抢

this game is pretty legit actually lol

On another note I recently played 仙剑奇侠传 and that's also badass. Hopefully they keep making more Chinese only things for NEETS that will never be translated so I can vanish into what I'm calling "the c-hole"

i mean not considering cultural/mother-language biases, mandarin is easiest because it's analytic. spanish conjugations and tenses are hard. for example you need to memorize subjunctive forms of verbs to say negative imperatives. in mandarin you just say 不要+verb.

you are so hurt and your insecurity is triggered that you need to post a lame anime reaction image and babble some inane personal "attacks". you are boring. go away. no one likes you. i feel like spitting in their eyes when i see dirty filipinos walking my ancestors' land. probably will do when no one watches. lmao. fuck off.

you are not wrong
there were simplifications before communists
but what the communists did was introduce a lot more simplified characters and at the same time banned the traditional ones
so its not an "organic" evolution
and the simplified version does not help literacy

I don't think you can really call it that easy when most of the native population can't even write it.

>spanish conjugations and tenses are hard
conjugations and tenses are easy. You just read more. In fact, every language is easy if you just engage in a lot of native material. The things that make chinese hard are the complexity of the sounds and the writing system which creates a high barrier of entry.

Now I'll admit that if no language had a writing system whatsoever and you are judging purely based off of the spoken language, then putonghua could be considered one of the easiest. But when you add in the variation between regions, the necessity of also learning classical chinese, etc, it gets harder.

I apologize for the autist in this thread. He must be from ilbe.com. Regard him as human trash and ignore him. Trash is trash even if it can talk.

Ilbe is the containment camp for dredges of Korean society, by the way.

>tfw still not fluent

>tfw starting year 3, getting there
we all gonna make it, 没关系

>be south gook
>denied reading moon runes
>denied having any connection with chinese
this is the reason why I hate koreans, always so insecure about having connections with chinese because you're ashamed of your history.

Is the r in er (儿子,耳朵,而 etc) more like the English r than the initial r in like 日 is?

I trief following the stroke order.
I once saw a picture in a book,that showed the writing of a 6 year old chinese student,and that looked much better.