BUDDHIST TEMPLE THREAD

BUDDHIST TEMPLE THREAD

Has anybody ever been to a buddhist temple service? If so, what was it like? What went on, what was your experience?

Also, if there are any Kansas/Missouri dwellers who have been to the Rime buddhist center I'd love to hear about that.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sSQpOCenwMw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Will bump with hot pics

Help this curious dude out

anybody?

went to a buddhist temple near rayong thailand.
it was intereseting since i didnt know what to do but everyone was really interested in me since i was the only white person there. They were also inrigued since i gave their monks a little donation. It was a very nice experiance over all. Might convert to buddhism in the summer but im not sure because im am really anger driven, and that kind of doesnt go hand in hand with buddhism.
if you have the chance go and visit one. The piece and quietness are amazing

I'm mainly going out of curiosity. The buddhist culture has always captivated me...they're so devout and exemplify resilience and focus...

What was the service like, if you dont mind me asking? What went on?

And well, I bet more visits to just meditate at their temple may help calm the anger

there were a couple of little things going on.
you could buy some blattgold and smoky aroma sticks and them use them as sacrifice( i was asking our thai friend who went there with us why and what it all meant but he himself was really uneducated and just did all of it because that what you do.) the gold leafs were put on a buddha statue and statues of senior monks and the aroma sticks were lit and you could wish for something.
then they had wrapped up little bsacets with stuff in them( soap batteries and what not) you could purchase those and them give it to the monks as a sacrifice. In return he spoke a little prayer for you and blessed you with holy water.
over all nice.

i meditate 30 minutes ever day, Its hard for me to achieve a state of total piece and queitness, its just not in my nature, but im ok with it.

Anybody else?

that's awesome...so the dude basically just gave prayer? Was there any sermon? or is that a christian thing. Lots of meditating at the place?

And thats good that you meditate every day man

yeah i dont know what else was happening but i think that sermon or messes are Christian/Judaic in buddhism things look a bit different. he was also speaking in the ancient monk language which the Thais them self's couldnt comprehend. The "blessing" was also rather fast like 2 minutes of speaking sprinkle sprinkle and the next group of people came in.

I am sure they meditate there a shitload, but it not like a workshop or something. but i dont know how things work there exactly.

thanks for your input dude!!

you are welcome

anybody else?

forgot pic

no sorry but i can bump

bump for temple bro

I've been to a few buddhist prayer sessions for my grand-aunt's birthday in China. Basically lot's of meditating, and it was quite busy. Lot's of incense burning and the head monk and the others reading scriptures. There was another one where it was just meditating. The silence was very welcoming and sobering.

thank you all for the help!

And thats interesting...so its very meditation centered..less talking stuff

I'd say equal parts. It's a very nice experience

what do they talk about??? generally, of course

if you are interested in Buddhism and other stuff listen to this guy. not sure how accepted he is by other native Buddhists but I like it.

youtube.com/watch?v=sSQpOCenwMw

I went to one for shits and giggles with a buddys college class, was kinda neat, actually it may have been hindu