Pet thread

Pet thread

Show off your pets

I just got this little guy, worried I'll overfeed him, any lizard owners got any tips?

don't over feed him

i'd like to add that you should also be careful that you don't overfeed him.

I should have been more specific, he eats about 6-8 crickets a day, I don't know how much that is relatively to him, since he always is eager to eat when he's fed, just seems like a lot

suh dood, I have a leopard gecko and 2 dwarf sungazers, 2 dogs and fishtanks. You'll be really hard pressed to over feed a baby gecko because itll stop eating when its full lol

mine only likes live things. she'll eat spiders, flies, roaches, grasshoppers from the yard, but this year il nino fucked up the weather in my area so it's too cool.
i have get her boxes of crickets but i have to put them in a separate container and mete them out over days because if their all crawling around in the cage, she freaks out and hides. if enough crickets gang up on your lizard, they can potentially harm or even kill them

>REPTILES

My beardie.

Sorry to quote an unrelated post.

Ok.What exactly is this gecko called and where is it native to?

Her name is Willeaux (after Pall Willeaux).

Yea you can't really overfeed them as they just sort of sniff it and leave it alone and won't eat it if they are full. If they are young then they usually eat about 6 or so a day and about the same over a week when older. So yea don't worry about overfeeding really just watch out that you don't just throw all the crickets in there as they will bite him. Also, you might find little bits of skin left over from when he sheds but just pop him in a really shallow tray of warmish water and it will just come off.

Eye is infected

It looks like a leopard gecko to me and I think they are naturally found around pakistan? just google that shit I cba

Yeah it's a leopard gecko, his name is Nugget

No its not.

My mini pig, kilo

just picked up this little guy at petsmart yesterday, any tips on keeping it from running away?

We've have baby pigs we'd bring into our house to bottle feed on my grandparents farm, what's having a mini pig like? I remember the babies got pretty playful

Seems to be.

leave fried chicken spread around its pen

Muh kitty

Rescued this little retard

no way, a four legged snake? whats his name?

Feed it every 3rd day with like 5 crickets had 2 of those a couple of years ago, donĀ“t forget the powder and vitamins. Also if you put a male and a female in the same cage prepare for fuckfest.

My beardie

This is me tantalizing my mutt. The bitch has seizures and attacks me when she's happy but i love her

they're fucking CUTE, user

You've got the same morph as me, OP. 6-8 a day is good, when it gets a little older you'll wanna switch to every other day though. The general rule of thumb is to see how many crickets it can eat in 5 minutes and go by that. Right now the tail on yours is pretty skinny so you'll wanna make sure that fattens up a bit(that's where they store their fat)

Nugget, he's also a very bumpy 4 legged snek

I wasn't aware dogs ate dick muffins

And here's a picture of my tortoise right after bath time. Her face is kinda begging for a reaction image here lol

They don't. I ate it.

My snek this picture is from the day I got her

Yea i gots one

Thanks user, mines just barely over a year old, I got that morph because all the more expensive "fancy" leopard geckos were brown and mud colored, and I liked the yellow more.

I read you have to keep the habitat at a decent humidity, any suggestions of how to keep the tank humid?

I wasn't aware you ate dick muffins

Well, you learn something every day ;)))

Fuck I love lizards man. Don't know why but always found them amazing. Used to catch them constantly as a kid and chill out with them. Their eye's used to close when you stroked their head, like they were falling asleep from it. Too bad I don't have the time to care for one as a pet.

About the same age as mine too then lol. They don't need a lot of humidity tbh, I mist my tank about 2 times a week and keep two little water dishes. What you will want though is a humid hide filled with damp paper towels or some sphagnum miss (you can get a good size bag at Lowe's or Home Depot for cheap). This serves as a nice humid place if they choose and it also assists in shedding when the time comes. You can use a regular hide for this or just do like I do and just cut a hole in the top of a Tupperware container. Preferably placed on the warm side. What kind of substrate are you using for it? Here's a pic of my last reptile, my 3 year created.

Tail looks kinda thin but it might just be the angle. How long have you had it, user? Nice colors though

Yeah, definetly seems so

Two years shes dank i want a crestie. Also to take care of the thin tale im feeding her a pinkie tomorrow

I'm switching between the reptile carpet and paper towels with a small pad underneath. I ask about humidity because I have moss but I find it often dries out very quickly after being moistened

eyyyy

Anyone here have or have had a pet praying mantis i want one

Holy shit your leo is strong what ever yout doing with him/her, your doing it right

My cousin had one, it was super chill and she could just put in on her Lao or something and it would just relax, it was really big too. From what I heard though they are very very finicky to keep since they require specific temperatures and diets

Yea thats dope though thanks user

yeah shes a climber

meet sketch
the mutt I saved from her shitty owners a couple months ago.

Here's my leopard.

I also have a dachshund

Guy with Leopard gecko here. Try feeding him every couple days. If his tail is fat he's okay.

If ya have any questions feel free to ask. Have had mine for over ten years.

Thanks, brah. They're pretty legit, definitely the best beginner reptile imo. I dunno if I did something wrong or what but I've never been able to handle her. Like at all. Meanwhile everyone says they're easy to handle lol. Also you could also try waxworms I think they're called if you're trying to put weight on. Just need to make sure to feed it in moderation though. They get addicted to them from what I hear.

Eh, I think as long as you mist the moss down once a day, maybe twice if it really is drying out that fast, it'll be alright. Mine only really goes in the humid hide a lot when she's gonna shed or when she's ovulating. Actually tends to stay on the cooler side most of the time honestly, dunno why. But she's really healthy so whatever I guess.

I kept a wild one when I was younger. She was awesome, ate like crazy and never tried to get out of Her tank. She laid eggs and died after About 6 months though. Then my parents house was swarming with little transparent alien babies for about a month or two