Can Sup Forums solve this without a calculator?

Can Sup Forums solve this without a calculator?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/07Abat5iBbw
youtu.be/dPiEVyd3-4k
mathsisfun.com/fractions_division.html
youtube.com/watch?v=07Abat5iBbw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

/thread

It's 1, easy

"Haha you're a dumbass because you didn't use THIS method" there's 9 different fucking answers and they're all retarded as Hell. The approach changes every fucking year. When i was growing up it would've been 9 but of course I'm a dumbass

youtu.be/07Abat5iBbw

Bullshit, order of operations has been the same for quite a while..

please stop spreading lies

This guy fux with aunt sallyl

there is one correct answer, which is 1

Im thinking 3, but I'm also retarded.

23?

No it's 9 there's only one way, if it would change every year the fucking world would explode

Everything in brackets or what ever the fuck you call these ()
Then Deviding and multiplying
Then + / -

>falling for this bait

Mile Neal

1. I have no problem doing fucking 6th grade math.

Yutori education in Japan is fucking up their younger generation, but I guess in America there's nothing preventing it in the first place.

You're pretty dumb, it's obviously 6..

fuck math, i used to love the movie gremlins. its still ok but not the best movie I've ever seen. anyway. i met this girl who also loves the movie gremlins. she said that it reminds her of her childhood. and for some reason the mogwai really turn her on. i ask how thats possible. the mogwai have absolutely no sexual features. no rounded ass, no raised breasts, no genetalia of any type. could it possibly be the fact that they transform into those slimy green gremlins? what is it? she refused tell me. i spent many nights afterwards watching gremlins and hoping maybe to get turned on a little bit. one night i got half a chub but I've since realized that was most likely just the air conditioner. eventually i couldnt take the mystery anymore. i MUST know what turns her on about the movie gremlins, if for no other reason than i want to be able to fuck a mogwai in the comfort of my own home. why should she be able to get so turned on by gremlins but I'm not even allowed to experience it? i corner her. she backs up. scared. my slow approach has her shaking and asking, "logan, whats gotten into u?" i tell her this is the end of the line. she must tell me why gremlins makes her pussy drip. here and now is the time or she will die by my average sized cock. I can tell that she's finally about to tell me, she's finally about to break. she takes a deep breath and dramatic music begins to play from the lunch room loud speakers across from mrs. shabotski's 5th grade class ( this was the song: youtu.be/dPiEVyd3-4k ) above the dulcid tones she tells me the thing i swore never to repeat. but i will tell it to you hear bros. i will tell it to you from my death bed. i will tell you the sexiest thing I've ever heard. that girl lets the real life gizmo live in her pussy. shit gets wild after midnight.

7 is my only and final verdict

Parentheses...pemdas

is this a meme or has the level of retardness increased on /b?

not sure but....
3-:-1/3 = 1/9
9-1/9+1; 81/9-1/9+9/9;
81-1+9 = 89

You mean 1st grade math you whiteknight

You're right in that there's only one way to solve it, but the answer is 1, schlub

That's it
Forgot the name

exp(0) * 2 ^ (99*(98+1)) * 0)

.999.... = 1
Prove me wrong
>Protip you can't

I'm pretty sure you're right

Thanks for the true answer

9-3/(1/3)+1 is the true formula

3 divided by one-third is like saying "3 is one-third of this certain number". If you take one-third of one-ninth, it won't be 3 at all.

Gay

then thanks mate

I don't think they teach this in 1st grade. also I don't see what's so white night ish about what I'd said.

3 divided by 1/3 is 1/9? Go back to school fucking retard.

It's actually 1, use OOOR

What no you're wrong the answer is 89 last time I checked

9 - 3 / (1/3) + 1 = X
3 / (1/3) = 9
9 - 9 = 0
0 + 1 = 1
X=1

I'm pretty sure they do you sjw faggot

9 - 3 / 1/3 + 1 =

9 - 3 / (1/3) + 1 =

9 - 3 / .3 + 1 =

9 - (3 / .3) + 1 =

9 - 9 + 1 =

9 - (9 + 1) =

9 - 10 = -1

3/1 divided by 1/3 its 1/9
1x1
3x3
1/9

9, you uneducated fucks!

shtis 1. ez

Guys, You're all wrong. I am a calculus teacher and the answer is 34. What retards...

9-3 =6
6/ third is 2
+1 is 3?

you find the reciprocal of the second number for division, not the first. the answer is 1.

Yep

Jesus christ. IFLS posts this and instantly it's posted on here. No one gives a fuck, and yes the answer is 1.

trolly trolls are trolly

is it 1 or -1?
Cause BEDMAS has subtraction after addition, but then I've also heard that you just do whatever comes first if it's between adding and subtracting.

Also, who gives a fuck

Go back to school retard

Pretty sure it's 4

Brackets
Orders
Division
Multiplication
Addition
Subtraction

You're resolving Subtraction before Addition erroneously.

you flip the second number not the first dumb ass.

The answer is 10

9-3/1/3+1=
9-1+1=
no fens but... DUMBASSES

How the fuck do you get 1 or 9? 3 ÷ 1/3 is 3 × 3/1 which is 9.. and +1 makes 10... wtf...

9-3 =6
1/3 = 0.3333....
0.33..+ 1 .. = 1.333...
6 ÷ 1.333 = 4.50 ish

answer is -1 faggots

mathsisfun.com/fractions_division.html

this explains it for you idiots who don't know how to fucking divide fractions

93131?

Nvm couldnt see whole pic on mobile

ANSWER:
Without parentheses, the problem is ambiguous and there are multiple solutions.

fuck this fully retards thread
how do you even pass 4th grade???
jesus christ....

addition and subtraction just go left to right as multiplication and division do. pemdas is more of a pe(md)(as)

Its loss

source: mathmagician

3/1/3= 9
9+1 = 10
9-10 = -1
fuckdicks

alright, i'm the retard. i didn't the the division symbol and thought it's a multiplication.

fun fact: i study math.
an do an hero now

when you multiply by 1/3, you divide by 3.
when you divide by 1/3, you multiply by 3.
3/(1/3) = 9

Fucking summerchildren

Answer: Yes we can. Now go away and do your homework on your own.

regardless, the answer is still correct.

It's -1 you fags.

Cant believe people like you are allowed to post on Sup Forums. Go type it on a calculator and get back to me.

Should be a b& faggots thread

3÷1/3=9
9+1=10
9-10=-1

TOP KEK funniest bait ever

False, there is still an order of operations.

The solution is 10

addition and subtraction are essentially the same thing, so it would go left to right, therefore it would be 1 rather than -1

1 is the correct answer, niggerfaggots.

1- -1 = 2, the distance between 1 and -1 is 2. Off by 2. and its 1. Im pretty sure someone already posted this, but: youtube.com/watch?v=07Abat5iBbw