Anyone that can figure out what i'm trying to do here ?

anyone that can figure out what i'm trying to do here ?

if so, any tips on how to increase performance?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venturi_effect
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

rocket engine?

i wish, but no

dont know, then.

Good luck, though

thanks user, nice xkcd reference btw

try multiplying all the values by 6?

Trying to 3d print a bong lol

tip, not my application, but based on the same effect

checked

i expected this sooner, but no

more hint

I'm gonna go with swimming pool or hot tub aeration jet, looks like a Venturi chamber designed to suck air in and blend it with a high flow water jet.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venturi_effect

i'm not sure what the optimal intake position would be

not really sure if this helps?

The side tube brings in some admixture to the main flow that goes through the jet/constriction?

Something like a fancy garden hose-like device for spraying fertilizer or insecticide or something like that?

kek, noice!

its a bong
and it sucks

correct, it's an air intake, the main flow is water

trying to get a large airflow on the output, currently the air flow rate seems too low with respect to the water flow rate

trying to figure out optimal position for air intake
eg. where is the vacuum created

checked ..

also see
i have plenty of bongs already

So it's an atomizer of some sort?

no, but nice idea for a next project

one of those self mixing bug sprayer things?

i was going by this design

Is the air pressurized? I think I would try to bring the air intake to the mixing chamber coaxial with the water flow.

But the geometry (and thus fabrication unless you are 3D printing it) gets more complicated and it's probably not applicable if it's meant for high pressures.

I know what you're trying to do OP, it's pretty obvious. I think you need to work on the shape a but it's coming along nicely.
Pic-related to what Op's trying to make.

no the air is at atmosphere, the venturi effect creates a vacuum at the constriction which causes suction on the intake

i was going by this design
the first prototype is still running, but i can't help but feel like there is some room for improvement

i'm actually a bit surprised it survived the full flow rate of the pump

Sucking air with water is tricky because water isn't a very "soft" fluid.
You might try a design like this. one that relies on a crude obstruction to make a pressure drop instead of a nice smooth venturi.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

the reason the intake is inclined is so that i can print it without support material.

Might be best for high pressure is to narrow the end away from the tip to the same angle as the tip so it forces it to compress as you know water does not compress but that builds pressure using the same pressure inputs for water and air. Look at paint gun insides might be better set up

yes, there's quite a few very different designs out there

most of them have a linear narrowing of the tube, so i went with that

might give this a try too, thanks user

Was gonna say atomizer before I read other comments. OP your design is worse than 1999 designs though just so you know. Git gud.

n-nice

do you have a picture to better illustrate this ?

Paint guns work about like this, and the outer shells can be adjusted closer and farther away from the end of the high pressure nozzle.

But keep in mind that they use a gas to suck a liquid, whereas OP is trying to do the opposite.

np. stuff like this is fun. so what is it that you are trying to build?

also i'm just having some fun and trying to get free bubbles in the pool .. but i need more bubbles

btw, why are you using OpenSCAD? It's terrible. FreeCAD is light years ahead in usability and just as free.