Hey Sup Forums, could Superman lift Thor's hammer?

Hey Sup Forums, could Superman lift Thor's hammer?

yes and no

Na

could a carebear lift thors hammer?

If he couldn't he would be a Thor looser.

The answer to this is the same as the answer to who would win in a fight - a werewolf or a vampire.

No

On another note, could I lift Thor's hammer with a lever?

Comic book / Christopher Reeve Superman - yes. Worthy as all fuck.

Stalker Returns / Neck-snapper Man of Steel / Emo v Batman Superman - Not a fucking chance.

Is the answer "Who cares?", or "Shut the fuck up, nerd."?

Only if he is worthy

lol, obviously OP is not a comic book fan and is fagget for asking.

It's magic
So no.

Comic books aren't nerdy anymore, dick weed. Read a book once In a while

But Superman can lift an infinite amount of weight.

but he cant do shit about magic

Literally this
Unless he did the fucking hulk loophole and picked up Thor by his arm and used thor's arm as part of the handle

Also checked

No he cant

Hes just super strong cuz of earths gravity or density or some shit

It's the atmospheric pressure. Also our sun.
Also the rules change every couple of comics

Yes
Captain America made it move in Age of ultron, and if we arnt counting movies then still yes because fuck you that's why. In all seriousness though superman is as strong as he needs to be

its not about the weight its about weather or not mjolnir deems superman worthy

as far as i know the parameters for weather or not someone is worthy are still a little blurry

>But Superman can lift an infinite amount of weight.
Uhm, who cares?
In the movies Thor has hung his hammer on a coat hook and placed it on a glass table.
They make it quite clear that weight has nothing to do with who can wield Mjölnir.
Odin used magic, simple as that.

What even determines worthiness concerning the hammer? I don't understand how Cap could only slide it but Thor is obviously able to use it. It seems pretty clear that Captain America is as honorable as Thor, if not more.

Well, hold on. Which superman are we talking about? Depending on which one, yes and no. Ascension to godhood superman, yes. He would be deemed worthy. Red Son superman may even be deemed more worthy than main story supes. But there are way too many emotional flaws in our beloved modern day Superman, so most incarnations would not be able to. Ascended superman is literally a God and has dedicated the rest of his eternity to serving for the good of others through combat. Pretty damn worthy. Red Son superman gave up everything when he realized how much him being there was fucking shit up and that Lex Luthor was right- superman's intervening is just impeding on human evolution; if there's always a fix-all, why adapt? So he leaves for the good of humanity. Also because he's cryin like a lil bitch yo

Thor looser

>looser

Odin determines who worthy or not,

It's because he's in a galaxy with a yellow sun.

he could wrap his cock around it and flip it into space

To highlight the uncertainty of cap and his own inner demons. Namely his issues with trust, in himself and those closest to him. He feels that he doesn't truly fit in despite all his battles with these guys and even in winter soldier he goes through this massive ordeal with falcon and widow but pretty much totally drops them when it came bucky.

TL;DR cap couldn't lift it because he wasn't sure if he even wanted to continue saving the world he inhabited.

true that it changes every so often but for the most part it would be the sunIt supposedly energizes his body or some shit. so he can't be under other types of suns.

Well he can be in other types of Suns. Certain concentrations of spectra assist and some are a detriment
remember when he absorbed a white star
And became a god

It's not magic. It's very advanced technology.

Also remember when spiderman killed Mary Jane with within radioactive semen

Sodium

Don't give me that, it's magic nigga. Don't take a quote from the Thor movie and expect it to be canon

Unless it's in the comments then disregard what I said and I eat dicks
I don't read thor

oh yeah, :/ they did the whole kryptonite colors shit with it too.

Cancer cum. Classic. Loved it when he unearthed her body just to cry to her about it

Shit that pisses me off is that's still in the same canon that the spider didn't give him powers through radiation but instead was a MAGIC spider enchanted by a wizard, and it just happened to be irradiated by coincidence.

thor cant lift thors hammer supermans besides the point

Yep. Yellow, red, green. You'd think the nigga was translucent or some shit with how easily it affects him

Right now, no.
Having a penis in the Marvel universe immediately disqualifies you from being worth of Mjolnir.
No, really. White Nick Fury turned evil and whispered in Thor's ear. This made not only Thor, but every male in Asgard, even Odin, unworthy of Thor's hammer. This was two years ago and we still don't know what Fury said.
Freya thought to herself "Maybe it has to be a woman", so she goes to get Jane Foster, and she lifts it on her first try. Whor is currently unbeatable, even going as far as to kick Odin's ass across the Milky Way. She's also dating a black guy.

Mjolnir is definitely magic or divine or whatever you wanna call it, not man-made

No. Never.

Spidey just have the strength of eight men. It'd be impossible for him to even dream about it.

Well
Even if it was their technology it wouldn't be man-made
Technically
Since they aren't technically human
But woohoo I was right and i don't know shit about the comics

there goes doc ock
Mixing up supes and spidey again

>Whor
Maybe Thor's side kick should be Whor.

Also since it isn't based on weight but instead merit, spidey would actually be a bretty good candidate for being worthy of weilding the hammer
Though he probably wouldn't ever be chosen, partly because he's not a huge fan of being the leader but instead working together with people

Though he did go cosmic spiderman

Already has a sidekick. Beta Ray Bill
Nigga i don't even read the comics

Smallville Superman would definitely be able to lift Thors hammer

Beta Ray Bill is his own character. He was stronger than Thor before he even got his hammer. He teams up with Thor frequently, but usually has his own shit going on.
Bill is one of the most badass characters in all of Marvel, but unfortunately, like all other cosmic titans, has fallen from glory. The last time he appeared in comics, he jobbed to a kid who is also literally an insert for Jeph Loeb's dead son.

Never watched smallville but isn't he a teenager or young adult?
He's got fapping and tits on his mind too much, he has no clarity. Hammer wouldn't let him
Probably wouldn't want to be touched either

No. Because they don't exist in the same universe.

What if Superman placed one of his testicles on an anvil and Thor swung his hammer down on it? Would Superman's testicle break?

>Probably wouldn't want to be touched either
kek

check this shit out

no. cause superman's a superfaggot.

Since Superman has no resistance to magic, it should, but retarded writers like Morrison are cultists for Superman and have made him capable of ridiculous shit over the years.

what?

no.

while very strong, superman's strength is still finite. Thor's Hammer can only be lifted by those deemed worthy. If the last few superman movies have taught us anything, it's that superman is shit.

Good question but I think since it's magic superman's nut would be flat

How does Superman have human reproductive organ if he's not human, nor is he even originally from Earth?

better than a thor tighter

You needed the movies to tell you he was shit?

Inter species romance and alien species that looks just like humans are very common in Marvel and DC.

I would have disagreed but yes, MoS Superman sucks.

Entire plot wouldn't have happened if he never came to Earth. Man of Steel: Cleans up His Own Mess.

and in fiction in general

Is it because the goofy horse face doesn't translate into modern expectations from comics? Has it passed its time? has the world outgrown his art style with no room to fix it?

Or maybe
Just maybe
Was he not as badass as nostalgia goggles allow? Is he actually just a goof?

Kek

Yeah, but thinking deeper than that, what are the odds that the aliens have the exact same reproductive systems as us? Would this not point to a higher power of some sort?

Well there's an Marvel v DC comic where they are pitted against each other by some mystical being or some shit. Eventually they realize this and go after that guy. Superman goes to hand Thor his hammer after he drops it but he can't pick it up. However, there's another comic of the same nature where Wonder Woman is fighting Raven and Wonder Woman is able to pick it up. I think maybe in that same comic Superman picks it up, but I'm not sure.

Edit: *Storm v Wonder Woman

Yes, there was an issue where superman beats up thor and picks up the hammer but Odin does not allow it as it would make superman just way overpowered, which is why he is then unable to pick it up.

Then that answers our question I suppose.

We are literally discussing a god.
DC and Marvel are rife with gods.
You can't walk down NYC or Metropolis without tripping over a demi-god or half-god every few feet.

And yes, the 'one true god' of both wants everyone to be able to fuck everything.

>Hot Celestial on Kitty Pryde action

In his first ever appearance, he kicks the shit out of Thor, picks up his hammer, then kicks the shit out of him again.
Odin is so impressed with this ass kicking, that he tells Bill if he can do it again, he can keep the hammer. Bill does exactly this, then saves Thor's life. Odin is so pleased with him that he gives Bill his own hammer that looks even cooler than Thor's.
Currently, Marvel is just a trainwreck that only cares about godawful legacy characters and movies.
Also, I think Thorse can work fine with Marvel's audience, considering two of their most popular characters from 2014 are a talking raccoon and a talking tree.

As pointed out, magic would fuck him up
But let's say, for the sake of argument, just so we can have a bigger climax to this thought experiment
Let's say he was resistant to magic for some reason

Kinetic energy from the hammer to his testical, from the testical into the anvil, crushing and destroying the anvil, creating a small crater in the ground while shrapnel flies everywhere

Superman is in no way unable to feel pain. May have a high tolerance because he's really stronk, but I'm sure his nuts are still more sensitive than the rest of him
So while no, it wouldn't flatten his nut if magic didn't bother supes, but the hammer would still do the same damage, or at least cause the same amount of pain as if Chuck Lidell got kicked in the nuts with a steel toe

Even works of fiction that take a more scientific approach use this plot device. Hell, Spock is half human, half Vulcan. That doesn't mean the Star Trek universe is supposed to have a god. Although it might, I'm not a Star Trek expert. But you get my point.

It's like immovable object and unstoppable force.

But even more retarded.

Yeah but even as a teen he was crazy pure at heart. I'm sure he would be seen as worthy

Superhero/supervillain philosophy meets jackass

It has at least three, depending on your definition of God.

However, all life in the galaxy was seeded by a precursor race, who created certain common traits between all sapient races.
And that's why most Star Trek aliens are humanoid and can interbreed.

Was he mormon

He could stroke it, if Thor's cool with that kind of thing.

It's a VIKING hammer.
I'm sure you have to drink of sex and mead before it would even consider worthiness.

It was a masturbation joke

But, and correct me if I'm wrong, I think the gods you're referring to are just supposed to be alien life forms that are so different and highly evolved that they seem god-like. Is there supposed to be a God that created the universe and is omnipotent in Star Trek?

Roddenberry's Witnesses confirmed trek religion

One is a hyper-advanced alien who pretends to be God.
One is the Q Continuum, who are not 'creator gods' but are by any relevant definition gods.
There are a few contenders for creator-gods, but as far as I recall none have ever been described as 'omnipotent'.

Gotcha. I remember the Q Continuum, I just couldn't remember if there was supposed to be like a One True God type figure. I seemed to recall the original crew meeting something like that in one of the movies but I think that was the fake you were referring to. It was a moot point anyway though, because if there was a seed species being spread around the galaxy, that can be used to explain the genetic compatibility between most of the different alien races.

I don't know anything about either of those 2 guys but there are only 2 possibilities so here they are:

1. if its said that only thor can lift his hammer, than no, superman cant lift it

2. if the hammers weight is specified than the next question is: exactly how strong is superman? and based on the answer to that question you get the answer to your question.

Fuck off lahay

The hammer can only be lifted by 'those who are worthy'.

The actual weight of the hammer is probably fairly average, a few pounds or so, but it cannot be lifted unless the person who tries is 'worthy'.

Exact conditions for 'worthiness' are undefined.

the answer is: whatever the writer decides